Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. thatโ€™s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Hereโ€™s what Iโ€™ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Foil Challenge

Here are the 21 foils I used in the second half of August.

A few standouts are:

Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder , have used this before so it was nice to have a foil to use when I was out of town.

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Betaยฎ Universal Daily Peel Pads , in the past I used these religiously but for some reason I stopped.  Great product.

Glow Recipe Plum Plumpโ„ข Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum , do they make a bad product?  I don't think so.

Shani Darden Skin Care Lactic Acid AHA Exfoliating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL , like I said in my first post, a brand to check out.

Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL , another winner

Everything else I have used before or left a good first impression except First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Niacinamide Dark Spot Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL , probably would have to give it more than

IMG_20230904_143913660.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_20230904_143908446.jpg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

a foil to know how it works .

My year-to-date is 31 foils used since August 10.

Oh wow @CorgiMommy! Youโ€™ve made your way through a lot. Brava! The Shani Darden exfoliant has been on my list for a while but I need to be careful about exfoliating products. May have to get a sample at some point. 

@itsfi it is definitely a product to check out 

Great work this month @CorgiMommy ๐Ÿ‘ I do love Glow Recipe, they know how to make nice stuff ๐Ÿ˜€ and that serum is a really nice one. Ooooh Are those Orbie Samples? How did you like those ones?

@CynthieLu yes, they are.  I think they came in a hair sample package but  I don't remember 

Another month done! I am feeling like I have made dent in my foils this year! The month of August I finished 13. I actually am impressed since I have had a crazy month!! 

IMG_0583.jpeg

โ€ƒ
I really enjoyed both sets of shampoo and conditioner. If I didnโ€™t have so many on hand I might purchase one. Although my hair care bag of foils is full so I might want to work through those first! I also love the tatcha rice wash! The rest were ok. 

@ather good job .  I use my shampoo and conditioner foils when I am out of town.  

@CorgiMommy  I normally do that too but I canโ€™t see us travelling out of town much now. We have an old pup so we donโ€™t want to leave him. 

Excellent progress @ather You made a great dent this month! ๐Ÿ‘ Living proof is such a stand up hair care line. I enjoy thier products too ๐Ÿ˜‰

@CynthieLu  I agree I really enjoyed it!! I have so much hair care that I am not allowing myself to purchase any until Iโ€™m out ๐Ÿคฃ

Very wise @ather ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am trying to do that as well, use up more of what I have before getting or replacing.๐Ÿฉท

@ather Wow! Great job completing so many empties when you have been busy. Did you have a favourite?

@Mellmars1185  Both of the hair products! And the Tatcha rice cleanser. The serums are hard since I donโ€™t know how much 1-2 times using them helps me see how good they are. I think I need minimal a week usage. If I have a bunch of the same one I try and use them all in a row to get a better sense. 

Holy foils @ather! ๐Ÿ˜† Look at all those foil samples. ๐Ÿ˜ 13?!! Thatโ€™s a good assortment too - hair care, skincare and body care. Excellent job!

@itsfi  Thank you! I donโ€™t know if I talked about it on here but end of July I had an incident with my wardrobe falling down and I had to reorganize my whole closet so foils have been part of that. I needed to catch up again and feel under control!! So Iโ€™m really upping my foil usage! I have the biggest pile of hair care product foils but I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week so itโ€™s a slow process for me. I also love using foils for travel but that will be on hold for the next little bit also! 

MTXX_MH20230830_200541070.jpg

There were some really excellent items here,

Tatcha, Skinfix and Lancome were absolutely beautiful to use and totally repurchase worthy. Omg La Mer is such a tease because that is soooo far out of my price range.. but it was incredible ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‰

Though I enjoyed everything else I tested out this month, I don't think it would replace any of my regular staples ๐Ÿฉท I would happily use them again thou.

A majority of my foils right now are all hair care, I'm not sure my plan to make it through.. but I'll come up with something ๐Ÿ˜

Those Tatcha empties are super cute!

@CynthieLu Wow so many empties! I just got the Lancome. It is good to know you enjoyed it. How did you use it? I always end up usimg all my hair samples first. I actually ran out. I am trying to collect some now ๐Ÿคช

The triple serum @Mellmars1185 ? I used it after washing, before my moisturizer. Because it has those 3 serums all rolled into one application, I didn't use it with anything else. I mostly used it in the AM so my PM was free for other fun actives and serums ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@CynthieLu, were these from your travels? Itโ€™s a nice mix of deluxe samples, a full size and some foils.

A few were ones I was still finishing off from my summer adventures and the rest I finished this month ๐Ÿ˜ƒ @itsfi   I did finish of Lancรดme Rรฉnergie H.C.F. Triple Serum: For Plumping & Anti-Aging 1.7 oz/ 50 mL before my trip ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos117
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg