Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@heartsmyface Nice foiling! Great to know you liked the Lancome cream (minus the brand name 😆). I have that one on my list to use in July. I have never actually tried a capsule. 

@Mellmars1185  I’m confident you’ll love it.  

yeah the capsules are odd.  I feel like it’s perhaps a way to sell less product for more $$$ cause you’d essentially be buying a half full bottle. 

IMG_8976.jpeg

@heartsmyface Thanks for showing me. It also makes me wonder with capsules are you getting every last drop out of them unless you cut them open 🤔

JUNE UPDATE: So the goal for June foils was relatively straightforward and simple. Or so I thought. I aimed to work through the 7 foil packets of Youth To The People Triple Peptide Hydrating + Firming Oasis Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz/ 30 mL that I picked up months ago as part of a promo gwp. Well folks, my simple goal turned out to be an epic fail as far are results go. How many foil packets did I actually work my way through?, you ask? Great question. I finished ... wait for it ... ZERO foils of the YTTP serum. 😩 Do better, Fi; do better.

All that being said, I did use some foils in June. 5, to be exact and these 5 specifically:

June 2023 Foils 2.jpg

Spoiler
fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL is a mask I've used in the past and I've liked it. The texture reminds me of whipped potatoes and it leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, lightly hydrated & refreshed, all in as little as 5 minutes. I wonder though if this foil may have been near the end of its shelf life as I noticed the product pilling, which I've never experienced before with previous samples (foils, deluxe size, mini sized) of this mask. 

Given its name, you'd expect a rich, thick cream with the Dear Klairs Fundamental Nourishing Eye Butter but that was not the case, at least consistency-wise - it's on the thinner side, but the results this provided was similar to the moisturizing, nourishing effect you would expect from an eye "butter". Really nice product; I might consider incorporating this one into my routine as an evening eye cream at some point. 

Dr. Roebuck's No Worries Hydrating Face Moisturizer isn't bad at all - it's lightweight, smells nice, is soothing and gentle on the skin, and lightly hydrating. I just have other moisturizers that fall in the favorites or HG status. 

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm is a well loved product, scented or unscented. It's a repeated repurchase. 

Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Firmeza Firming & Debloating Body Oil 4 oz / 100 mL smells just like the Bum Bum cream - soooo good! I have plenty of body oils to make my way through so I won't be picking up a full size anytime soon, but it's not because the product isn't good. 

I also used several sheet masks but haven't had a chance to take a group photo; they're packed up in one of these boxes... Will try to circle back with info on those another day or may just wrap them into my July foils update at the end of next month. @ather 

Foil Goals for July:

The foil packets of the YTTP serum are going into the mix for July, along with the few foil packets I have of Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL, which will give me a total of about 10-12 foils as my July foils goal. Fingers crossed folks. 🤞🤞 

@itsfi Excellent job. Even though you did not use the one you wanted, there is always the next month! 😊

Thank you @Mellmars1185! I really want to work through the samples I have multiples of, but I seem to go for the tried-and-true ones more often than the new-to-me products. It's a work in progress.

@itsfi  I’ve been having the same issue with sheet masks lately.  I don’t know what my issue is.  I have them placed everywhere I may want to do a mask to encourage masking but then do cream masks instead.  ha, thé good intentions are there and that’s what counts;) 

ah, you used HG samples!  Sometimes you just want to use reliable products:). 

I'm impressed @heartsmyface and inspired. 😁 I may try spreading out some sheet masks around the place in the next couple of weeks. I think for me some of it has to do with my skin type changing a bit - it's combo more often now. Still dehydrated with slight rosacea but, at least for the last couple of years, it's not been super duper dry in the fall and winter. We'll see if that keeps up - I'm traveling more and in the office more so all the airplane air and office HVAC may mean drier skin come the cooler season this year. I usually reach for sheet masks more when my skin is on the dry / drier side. Yeah, I've been reaching for more rinse off or overnight masks of late - any ones you've been loving lately?

@itsfi  I still think you did a great job even tho you didn’t use any of your YTTP foils! Maybe July will be a better month to use them!! The foils you used sounded so good. I wonder if the eye cream that says butter was thinking more of the texture of melted butter or almost melted butter? 

Ahhh, good point about the Klairs eye cream @ather! Smart. I really do like that brand. If only I had more than just this one face - I'd be able to go through more product. 😅

I have set 1 empties aside to start using in July. I have not been hitting my goals. However, if I really try I think I can make it through these and hopefully a few more.

20230626_142833.jpg

@Mellmars1185  Ha setting goals on foils is tough.  I find it easier to make a pledge to a number of foils than to specific ones.  Those are so awesome foils though!!  

@heartsmyface I will try that next month 😊

@Mellmars1185 lots of fun stuff 

My May and June foil empties only total 4.

20230626_141042.jpg

I feel like I have not made enough time for this type of self care. I am off this week. I am going to regroup and reset for July. 

@Mellmars1185 what did you think of the amika Mirrorball High Shine + Protect Antioxidant Shampoo & conditioner? 

@Mellmars1185 thanks, I know with foils it isn't easy to decide how well it works.  

@CorgiMommy I remember liking it and it leaving my hair kind of squeeky clean. Good first impression. Sorry I can't remember it making too much of a difference.

Thanks @itsfi  for reminding me it’s the end of May. Omg where did the month go? I feel like I did great the beginning of the month and mid to end I got a nasty stomach bug then a cold so I’ve been doing more minimal skincare. 

IMG_0248.jpeg

 The foils on the right I loved and the ones on the left are just not for me. The DS of Topicals Faded Brightening & Clearing Body Mist 3.4 oz/ 100 mL was ok. I didn’t notice it helped with most of the pigment I have been trying to remove. I was actually really surprised how much I enjoyed Herbivore Aquarius Pore Purifying BHA Cream 1.7oz/50ml  and I may need to get a FS at some point! 

@ather I hope you are feeling better. It is nice that you were able to fit in some self care. Great foil empties!

@Mellmars1185  Thank you! I’m finally starting to feel better!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg