Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@Mellmars1185 thanks, I know with foils it isn't easy to decide how well it works.  

@CorgiMommy I remember liking it and it leaving my hair kind of squeeky clean. Good first impression. Sorry I can't remember it making too much of a difference.

Thanks @itsfi  for reminding me it’s the end of May. Omg where did the month go? I feel like I did great the beginning of the month and mid to end I got a nasty stomach bug then a cold so I’ve been doing more minimal skincare. 

IMG_0248.jpeg

 The foils on the right I loved and the ones on the left are just not for me. The DS of Topicals Faded Brightening & Clearing Body Mist 3.4 oz/ 100 mL was ok. I didn’t notice it helped with most of the pigment I have been trying to remove. I was actually really surprised how much I enjoyed Herbivore Aquarius Pore Purifying BHA Cream 1.7oz/50ml  and I may need to get a FS at some point! 

@ather I hope you are feeling better. It is nice that you were able to fit in some self care. Great foil empties!

@Mellmars1185  Thank you! I’m finally starting to feel better!

I’m so sorry you’ve not been feeling well @ather! 😔 Hopefully you’re on the recovery track and feeling back to your old self soon! Being sick is not fun at all but I will say that it reminds me how well my skin does with a more minimal skincare outline. 

Great job with your foils. Love your hair care foils. Is that the JVN Embody line? Shampoo or conditioner? 

@itsfi  Finally feeling better! Hopefully I’ll be 100% by the end of the week. It didn’t help I have been crazy busy the past couple weeks and haven’t had time to take a break. It was JVN Embody Daily Volumizing Conditioner 10 oz/ 295 mL  and it was amazing. I would love to get the set but I have to use what I have on hand first! I also have a mini set of the JVN Nurture Hydrating Shampoo 10 oz/ 295 mL line. I also love! 

Posting a little early for May foils. I have a handful of deadlines this week and am not planning on using any foils for the next few days. All my foil uses were during trips; here's what happened in May. 

May foil goals = 8 - 12 foils

Actual foils used = 9 - yay! I met my goal, just barely, but I'll take it. Now, for the details - 

May 2023 Foils 1.jpg

Tatcha cleansing oil is a tried-and-true love, one I come back to time and time again as I rotate through oil based cleansers. 💜 The new Tatcha serum is a non-bakuchiol alternative to retinol. My skin responds well to bakuchiol but I was interested in how a non-bakuchiol retinol-alt product would perform. I was not disappointed. The foot mask was a great way to get in some moisture and TLC to my soles before a day of walking; I posted a more detailed foot mask review on the mask thread. I'd happily use all three of these beauties.

May 2023 Foils 2.jpg

Both sets of undereye masks were good - the cucumber based eye mask was soothing and perfect after a day in the sun and the Sephora Collection caffeine eye masks make a regular appearance in my skincare routine when I travel for work. Used this the morning after a very late night and received a handful of compliments the next morning at breakfast about how rested I looked after being up so late the night before. Lots of water + these caffeine eye masks sure help to combat a handful of drinks and 4 hours of sleep. 👍 The Fresh Black Tea cream also helped to get some moisture and hydration into my skin. The amika hair mask was the only meh item in the group, but I wonder if I was using it wrong. 🤔

May 2023 Foils 3.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about the hair care and body scrub - they smelled wonderful and I would use them again if I had them, but they're not ones I'd run out to replenish my travel foils stash. The mouthwash came in handy since I forgot to pack mine this trip. The hand glove makes a nice exfoliating tool, but my preference is still the wash towels from the Japanese brand Salux.

Foil Goals for June

Spoiler
My focus for June will be on my full and deluxe sized products, but I'd like to work through the 7 foil packets of this YTTP serum, along with a handful of foundation foils / samples (not pictured) which I'll reach for with a freestyle approach. 😉 All in all, I will aim to use up 10-12 foils next month. 
YTTP serum foils (7) - June target.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what foils folks liked / disliked this month and hearing about everyone's goals for June. Ummmm, who else can't believe it's almost June!! (Or maybe June when you get to this post?!!) 😮 @ather 

@itsfi Excellent progress! It sounds like some of these fouls came in handy for travelling. I can't beleive it is almost June either!!

@itsfi  Great job! I think I have a DS of Tatcha The Silk Serum Wrinkle-Smoothing Retinol Alternative 1 oz / 30 mL  I can’t wait to try after hearing you loved it! I always forget how much I like the Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser  it’s a great cleanser!! It’s too bad about the scrub! 

Love your goals for June! I know you will hit your mark! 

@ather, the cleansing oil at one point was my go to oil based cleanser. It’s still one I love; I’ve just been working my way through my cleansing balms. I love my Bakuchiol serum but I couldn’t resist trying another alternative to retinol. 

The SdJ scrub smells really nice, which is to be expected from Sol de Janeiro. I just don’t know if the scrub would be a favorite. I tend to prefer more chemical based exfoliants for use on my body. 

Great job @itsfi .   I remember when I did this challenge a few years ago, the deluxe samples are the hardest to get through.  The foils sre the easiest since you use one and you accomplished something but not the same with the deluxe samples. 

Deluxe samples are great for being able to really put a product to the test, but it definitely takes more time to work through one @CorgiMommy. Most of my deluxe samples are of products I know I like but I have a small handful of new (or new to me) items that I’ve picked up as promo gwps or from the Rewards Bazaar that I should really be reaching for sooner rather than later.

@CorgiMommy  I love tsing DS when I go on trips! But I haven’t travelled a ton in the past few years! 

My goal for April was 18. I only used 7. I am ok with that because I had a pretty hectic month and I still managed to squeeze in some self care. I still have to set my goals for May. I am a little behind.

20230503_164025.jpg

@Mellmars1185  I think you still did a great job!! 

@ather Thank you! I didn't end up choosing any for May. I hope to regroup for June 😊

@Mellmars1185, I’m glad you were able to carve out a little time for self care in the midst of the busy-ness of your schedule. It makes sense to stick with products you know work well for you when things are hectic. That being said, you used up a good number of foils last month (and nice variety too 👍🏼) - that’s nearly 2 foils per week. 

@itsfi Thank you! I use a planner to plan my day. I want to start using a journal for my skincare and foils...I feel like it will help me with my goals and track what I like and don't like. I will make it happen this month!

@Mellmars1185 any standouts from the bunch?

@CookieGirl1 My favourite was the sample of Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi™ Bronzing Drops with Peptides . I put it on before foundation. I have the full size in this so this sample has motivated me to started using it!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos117
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg