Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@iris67 I'm waiting until they restock on the bundles 🙂 Then I'll definitely post here!

New Wayne Goss face set, dyed all white? pure natural white. In the preview video, he said these are softer than ever...

wayne.PNG

These are beautiful, but they are too expensive. I wish I have the budget to get them:) some day, some day!

I like the look of this set (shape and hair type) and i like WG brushes.  The only thing i dont like is the white hair ... so hard to keep them clean and take a bit of effort to wash them.  Oh well, maybe i can talk myself out of buying this because of the white hair 😉

I would love to get but can't afford right now as I do love his brushes.

Hmm i like soft brushes, who doesn't?!  But i do get concerned with how soft a brush is in terms of picking up product. Sometimes a soft brush can create hard pan because of how much effort it takes to pickup product. I have an angled brush from haku that i use for bronzer and that picks up the perfect amount and is white hair. My favorite WG brush is the 02, so i wonder how similar the 10 is. I had my eye on the 11 & 12? for blush but never got around to picking it up. So idk if im willing to get the entire set right away? and chance not liking the hairs ugh idk. i wish he would release  the individuals  at the same time

@aviscardi If you are having issues with hard pan then get some microfiber cloths and wipe off your brushes after each use. This really removes the oils and helps. I am assuming these are going to be as soft as the Hakuhodo J series brushes that they look identical to . With that, these are not too soft and still have some grip to them. I use some of the white goat brushes with my Clinique Cheek Pops which can be difficult to downright impossible to pick up on squirrel brushes. 

@lysbainch, agree! I keep a small towel on the arm of my chair just to wipe off products on my brushes. Works wonders!

I agree.  Soft is good, but soft can also be more difficult to use. I have always liked goat because it's usually soft, but still has strength.

tried to respond last night and kept getting a 404 error code when submitting, ugh so frustrating. But yes my go to are usually goat and i think the only eye brush i own in WG is #3 which i find picks up product easily. @jeannie11

Oh !! really? thats good to know bc i usually just have face towels that i use for that purpose. But will look for some microfiber towels on amazon now. ha. and they wash and dry like normal right? I have one nars h/l that has hardpan and i have to scrape off a bit every so often @lysbainch I only have one blush brush right now, the bobbi brown one and ive used it for 2years + and just got a b/u last year. those p/u the cheek pops very well. 

This explains why a lot of his brushes haven't been in stock. Hmmm so tempting...

I have so many high end Japanese brushes, including some Goss and I would really prefer to buy one or two individually. I don't need a set.

I agree, the only sets I get are the BeautylishxChikuhodo collaborations and I have been very happy with those. Sets of Japanese brushes do not save you any money either so I really see no point. These will definitely be released seperately so there is really no hurry. 

It looks like the primary difference in brushes #11-15 is that he's switched it from natural brown goat hair to natural white goat hair, which is a softer hair (generally speaking).  #10 looks like an entirely new brush.

I think the only dyed brush in Goss's collection is the black 00 Powder Brush.

I wonder if the prices will be the same.

@Harpier82, good eye! If I remember correctly, in the video, he said #10 was completely redesigned and the rest was just changed to natural white but much softer. I'm only interested in two of the brushes so I might just pick those two up once he releases them individually.

dammit I just got the old face set two weeks ago.  I'm wondering if it would be worth to exchange it for this.

If anyone likes Crown, here is an Ipsy deal

bae.JPG

Beautylish has restocked the Wayne Goss Air Brush!

I dont know where this should go... but Hello Kitty collaborated with Hakuhodo. I know some of you are fans, so thought I would share!

N-1701-397202_1.jpg

Take my money!!

1 Reply
testing