Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

WOW Awesome collection!!!

Thank you for the compliment

i am a psycho about storing my brushes hair down. there aren't many options to do so but here are the two contraptions i have found that work reasonably well for me. the sigma brush tower is space efficient but not that great for the brushes since there's not much room for them to breathe. it is a tower meant for drying. the other is a paintbrush rack which is nice for the brushes but not so space efficient. i am completely obsessed with brushes. big, small, high end, low end, synthetic, animal hair, you name it. 

brush pic.JPGbrush pic 2.JPG

Very nice!

CAN I COUNT THE WAYS HOW I LOVE MY BRUSHES...

makeup brushes.jpg

So, yes, these are my brushes and I am not ashamed to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!

I have lost count on how many brushes I own as not all the ones I own are in this picture. (I recently purchased a few from bare minerals.) 

One of my favorite things about my makeup brushes is how I display them. The containers are simply $1 votive holders from A.C. Moore and the pink is fish tank rocks that you can pick up your pet store. (I got a huge bag that easily filled all three containers for $6.) 

As for which brand I like the best, it varies depending on the function of the brush. Right now my favorite foundation brush is the It Cosmestics Flat Top #6. I don't particularly like the Ulta brand It Cosmetics brush but I do like the premium brushes that you can buy either direct or from places like QVC. I'm in love with Marc Jacobs brushes but wish he made brushes for the eyes. I can't wait to see what the new Kat Von D brushes look like. As you can see, I have very EXPENSIVE taste!

Thank you for starting this thread. Sometimes I think I have more of a passion for makeup brushes than I do for makeup lol. I love going through all your pics so please post more as well as comment on mine (if you would like). I would love to get your feedback. 🙂

They look so pretty! I have yet to pick up that tarte bronzer brush but I am beginning to think I need it. 

Nice job with organizing and storing your brushes.  I've been using mugs but want to graduate to something more sophisticated. 

For a second I thought they were the cinnamon heart candies... yum!

Thank you thank you thank @willa25 for this beautiful inspiration on how you store/display your brushes! Mine have just being going into increasingly uglier mugs as I can spare them as my collection grows. I've been wanting to do something about this problem for a long time but your (and everyone's here) photos are finally pushing me to do something!

@starsandbucks You make my heart swoon! Thank you for your kind words! Good luck with setting up your brushes!

Have any of u guys tried brush guards before? They're like these woven mesh sleeves for your brush. Good idea to keep the shape of the brush. I see they're at Beautylish but I suspect they can be found cheaper. 

Screenshot_2016-06-04-11-04-16-1.png

You can get them on Amazon for cheaper.   I used to use these to dry my brushes upside down long before I got a brush tree.   I never really use them anymore.  

I haven't used these yet, @HoneyBrownBunny, but I was considering ordering a set to protect my brushes while I travel for vacation. I think they are cheaper on Amazon.

Here are my brushes

image.jpeg

I am a lover of brushes, especially Japanese ones.

I just gave most of mine a bath so they are wet and not looking their best, but here's a photo I took of my Japanese ones recently (showing off what I did with the Pat McGrath sparkles).  This is mostly Chikuhodo, with a few TF.

I'll be updating this soon, as I have a bunch of new brushes en route from Japan.

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 9.21.10 AM.png

And this is all of those laid out:

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 9.25.35 AM.png

I will forever kick myself for not getting obsessed with brushes sooner. That Chikuhodo holiday set from 2014 is gorgeous as is the beautylish collaboration with Chikuhodo. So many unattainable pretties! 

@Cahlee don't lose hope yet!

I couldn't get the Etoile brushes when they launched because at the time they weren't shipping to Canada.

I ended up buying them from someone who had bought the set but never gotten around to using them (sacrilege! 😮 ) so you never know when you might be able to score some.  

@Mochapj Have you obtained an insurance policy on your brushes? Actually, I think you have the biggest collection of everything. Brands should be sending you free products for your generous loyalty. Maybe an insurance policy for all? 🙂

LOL @darkiceis!  I don't, but I probably should 😄

Gorgeous!  They are lovely and you can tell you take great care of them.

Beautiful! I love Japanese natural hair brushes as well.

9 Replies
testing