Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

So much love!

So lovely!!!

Ouhhhhhhh, the sequins are super pretty!   

Mine are just all clustered together in two Allegory lipgloss holders.  I've been enjoying this system much more than the beads I had before.  Less messy.  

I enjoy the Hakuhodo brushes the most but am not so fond of the Sephora version of them.  They pale by comparison.  I really want to get a backup set this year.image.jpeg

Your way of storing brushes is amazing. I will definitely have to try this. Thank you for sharing

This is brilliant!

This soothes my soul. The organization is beautiful.

Anonymous Insider

Omg I love your organization!!  I wish I could keep mine all nice and neat but I have everything in a train case and its all scattered lol

It took so many storage changes for me to get this organized.  I used to store all my stuff in jars and boxes.  At least a traincase is meant for makeup right? 😉 

OMG I looove your filing system. I might have to get some of these. Also, how do the MUFEs fit? I know the face brushes have very chunky handles. 

P.S. Can't agree with you more about the Sephora Hakuhodo brushes! I have the highlighter one and it's very stiff so I don't love it for blending at all! 

It's funny cause I never intended to convert them to brush holders.   Best discovery in the last couple months for sure!  I like always having a general idea of where certain brushes are.  

All the brushes I have fit nicely except for one Sephora Pro Bronzer 48 brush.  It's short so it works out perfectly and sits upright on top between other brushes in the back without getting lost.

Hehe, yeah, part of me wishes I hadn't discovered the blue squirrel brushes.  I barely touch any of my other brushes anymore if if have the hakuhodo version of them.  There's still a much better selection of mufe brushes than you can get at any hakuhodo store so they remain staples in my heart as well.   

I get backups of my favorites as well! Haha.

I love brushes! I have a picture from February which made me realize I have far more than is need for one person. So as much as I love them, I've cut back considerably.

BrushC.PNG

And to answer the original post (great thread btw!) I store the ones I don't use as often in brush rolls. The ones that came in fancy boxes (like Hakuhodo+ Sephora) I keep in the original packaging. And the rest are in cups/jars.

WOW!  That is quite a collection.  How fun!  I just a got a brush roll and was thinking of doing exactly what you said @spadersgirl  I can't bear to part with any.

Thank you ❤️ I have a few J and/or B series Hakuhodo brushes but I'd love to get at least one of the S100 like yours someday.

Anonymous Insider

IMG_20160530_103113.jpg

Here's a picture of just my work brushes 🙂 

Oh if anyone is interested, I just got an email from Urban Decay about their Pro collection which has brushes, bags, and a 10 pan empty palette that can be filled.  

I saw them @Anonymous Theyre super drool worthy. Especially the bags. I'm waiting until after this weekend's event just in case there are some good new releases.

@Anonymous you have some really interesting shaped brushes. The one in the back to the right of the huge white bristle brush looks lovely.

Anonymous Insider

@AMK721 that one is IT Brush for Ulta.  I got it in a set last year.  I love it!  It's really really soft and plush.  The Real Techniques Blush Brush (pink handle) is almost the same shape.  Not as soft but a good dupe.  I love that brush tho for bronzer its amazing!  

This seems like the perfect place to ask this! I'm a bit new to actually taking the time to do my makeup and I'm looking for a good, inexpensive fan brush for highligter. Anyone have any recommendations? TIA! 😃

Anonymous Insider

Hi @GingerCupcake

I have the Real Techniques Fan Brush, it came out in their contour/sculpting set which had 3 brushes.  I haven't found it by itself yet, but the Harmon's and Ulta by me have no idea what restocking is so it's probably just from that.  I really like that brush, its synthetic but it's really soft so it doesn't work that well to blend out cream or liquid very well unfortunately.  But it's really good for powder.  

Also if you go to the Morphe Brushes website you can easily find a fan brush in almost every size from natural hair to synthetic and the prices can't be beat.  There aren't any reviews or very good descriptions on the site but I've never had any issues with their brushes.

3 Replies
testing