Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

question! does anyone have the new fenty beauty foundation brush? i saw a video of it and it has no reviews but it looks sooo liek it works so well! ty in advance:)

@reese0624 

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

It's a nice brush, it was a little pokey at first, but after a deep cleaning, it's softened a bit.  The teardrop shape is nice, but hasn't really added anything in terms of coverage.  Someone with a different face shape than mine may find it more helpful.  I love its density, it's not a dense as the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Kabuki-Buff Foundation Brush 115 one, but you can use it similarly.  It eats up a bit of the foundation, but comparable to what a beautyblender would do... And eats up far less than the 115 which was always my qualm with that brush (and the drop cleaning needed thereafter).  If you don't have anything similar in shape and density, you should be happy with it.

ok perfff ❤️🙏

New face and eye brushes coming soon from Wayne Goss - $244 for entire set. Synthetic fiber. Launches at Beautylish on May 9 at 10:00am Pacific Time. 

IMG_9957.jpeg

Cross posted from Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics 

My herculean task last weekend.

Before....

810cf5ed-001b-4a0a-9598-a8c81384dcaf.jpg

Like 1.5 hours later....

IMG_3409 (2).jpeg

Wow that’s ALOT of brushes to clean and do fast @makeitup305❤️ how do you clean your brushes or have any tips? I would love to hear some!❤️❤️❤️

@happyskincare It was sometime between 1.5-2 hours I think. I use the Target Everspring dish soap and occasionally the Dawn Power Wash (for foundation and concealer brushes). I’ve used other soaps before but this one is affordable and doesn’t dry out my brushes. I scrub them gently on a Sigma mat and then rinse them (occasionally scrubbing as I rinse). I squeeze out the water gently and then dry them out using a paper towel or microfiber cloth. Then lay them flat to dry. 

@makeitup305, that's an impressive number and assortment of brushes! Pretty swift cleaning time, too!!

@TraceyEB This is probably some of the fastest I’ve washed them, tbh. I think it’s usually 2 hours plus lol I think it was faster this time because I went lighter on the soap. Rinsing them always takes a long time and I end up having to re-rinse some at the end. 

@makeitup305, I've been known to re-rinse at the end as well, or wash a little more (I'm looking at you dense foundation brushes)!

@TraceyEB I’ll be drying them and then hear the crackling of the soap on the brush and let out a groan. 

@makeitup305, hahahaha, been there! 😂

Wow! Great job @makeitup305 ! I always feel so much better after I get all of mine clean.

@faeriegirl it feels really satisfying after having them pile up for so long!

Wow, great job, @makeitup305!

Thanks @curlychiquita !

You have such an amazing assortment and variety of brushes 💕 @makeitup305 

@peculiarzmakeup thank you!

@makeitup305 Woah….😮 that’s a lot of brushes to clean. 

@SportyGirly125 that's pretty much my full collection lol I kept putting the dirty ones aside to clean and then never had time. Eventually I just ran out of brushes 😅

1,989 Replies
testing