Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

For those interested in the Sonia (Sweet Makeup Temptations) Brush set, the brushes are now available individually on Beautylish.

Thx you @makeitup305.  I love the looks of some brushes but not all of them. Go check 'em out now Smiley Wink

@blackkitty2014 I really like the shape of the Face 2. That one’s on my wishlist!

@makeitup305, i want face 2 and the 2 fan brushes for sure.  

Brush experts, I have a question for you. 

I just got my my very first Saikoho brush (the Chikuhodo Takumi T-4) and with it being white, I’m not sure how to get the color off without using my Cinema Secrets brush cleaner, which I assume I should not use on my brush daily even though that’s how I clean my synthetic brushes after every use. 

Do your blush brushes stay slightly stained with colour before you give them their monthly cleaning? 

I also have the Chikuhodo Makie MK-12 but since those bristles are dark, the powder left in the bristles don’t bother me as much. 

@k617 I keep a microfibre towel on my vanity and when I am done with my makeup, I will wipe the bristles on the towel to remove excess colour.

I would not recommend washing any natural hair brushes daily because it will break down the fibres of the hair. Your Takumi are goat which is more hardy, but they should still be handled with care.

Thanks @Mochapj! I knew you’d be the one to answer since you have such a beautiful collection Smiley Wink

my brush cleaner is waterless but I doubt the alcohol content is much better haha 

I can’t seem to get all of it off, so I assume that as time goes by my brush will just get more and more pigment stuck to it until I can finally clean it!

@k617 Yeah, the alcohol can dry out the hair cuticle which can lead to breakage of the individual hairs over time. 

Some people go so far as to condition their brush hairs as well but I’m not quite that far yet 😉

There will probably be mild amounts of colour hanging on between washes but it should come out easily when you wash. I’ve found colour seems to stick to the bristles more if I have dewy or damp skin, i assume due to the oils mixing with the preduct.

hope that helps!

Helps tons, thanks! @Mochapj

Sneak peek of the new Goss brush set from a Beautylish email. Coming next week.

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 2.47.01 PM.png

More goat?  I almost wish he'd do a synthetic for liquids and creams.  Something cheaper that I'll wash with abandon.

RE: Love for Brushes

New Goss brush coming soon

Spoiler
test

test

Sonia from Sweet Makeup Temptations has designed her own brush line which will be available through Beautylish

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 2.41.11 PM.png

I actually like the set. I just don’t have the budget at the moment Smiley Wink I put myself on no buy for now. If Wayne Goss holiday brush won’t sell out by Jan or so, i’d Pick up one Smiley Wink 

Wayne Goss Holiday Brush LIVE on Beautylish

Wayne Goss Holiday Brush LIVE on Beautylish

Re: Wayne Goss Holiday Brush LIVE on Beautylish

Has anyone tried this brush yet? The splayed shape is interesting, but is bugging the hell out of my inner OCD. I just want to smooth it down...I'm wondering how similar in function it would be to the WG 14? 

@MissPuff  I have it. It's too soft. I honestly don't like it. I couldn't pick up color/product on anything I tried it on. I've resorted to using it as my completely powdered broken meteorites brush. It works great for that. Highlighters and blushes was a no go. Unless it is something completely loose powdered I can't get it to work.

Thanks @Samtian! Guess it's a pass. I actually preferred the previous brown haired face brushes compared to the current white ones because I felt like they had a bit more structure. The white versions splay out more than I'd like. I still love them, but I'd love an option to pick up the old ones as well.

826 Replies