Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Yeah, it's getting really hard (for me) to justify these purchases @makeitup305 .  And TYSM.

R/T Rephr, so far, I'm presently surprised.  Haven't used the foundation one too many times, but the concealer is my jam.

New Prototypes at Rephr.

1000002235.png

1000002236.png

1000002237.png

@danielledanielle, do you think you’ll pick these up?

@itsfi , I already have...One simply can't observe new brushes

1000002238.gif

@danielledanielle  I was tempted until I saw they were synthetic bristles. Have you tried rephr's synthetic line? Is it worth it?

No idea @Harobedb , but I'll keep you in mind. Rephr brushes in my experience are okay.  They aren't as soft as I like them to be and they don't spread/splay like if expect.  But, the price point is great, therefore I don't feel guilty if I'm rough with them.  However, there's some standouts- face brushes, specifically numbers 18, 25? and 30.

Going back to the synthetic brushes: I have an affinity for dense Kabuki like brushes, so I'm amped for the concealer and foundation prototypes.  The eye brush, I can take it or leave it.  I have the natural hair version of that eye brush, so I can compare and contrast it.

@danielledanielle  Thanks...I'd love to hear your thoughts on these brushes (and thanks for the mini-reviews!)

I have these, they're good..

Screenshot 2024-02-26 11.37.42 AM.png

These brushes look so soft and not tough on skin. What is your experience with them like? They look amazing 🤩 @swiftiesloth 

Sonia G mini booster vs traditions T4 if anyone was curious like me. Both have round ferrules but T4 is a little bit bigger. I think they can be used interchangeably.

IMG_0463.jpeg

I bought a makeup brush cleaner a while ago, I just place water and soap into the cleaner and I put the brush in it. After, my brushes are spotless!

More?!? 💸💸💸

1000001847.png

More Sonia G on the way

1000001122.png

Screenshot 2024-01-18 164514.pngTraditions T1

More than just a pencil brush or smudger brush, Sonia G. Traditions T1 is a problem solver. Irregular strokes? Unpredictable flicks? Skipping on the skin? Don’t know her. This smudger brush was designed keeping these challenges in mind to be as effective and reliable as it gets. From adding definition along the lashline to effortless placement, blending, smudging, and diffusing—it’ll get the job done so quickly and effortlessly.

Traditions T2

Sonia G. Traditions T2 is a builder brush that lays down product effortlessly and builds intensity gradually. With a thick body that still has a sense of airiness in the bristles, it applies product softly with smooth, predictable movement. The unique brush can help facilitate the application of darker shadows. Plus, the tip is perfect to smoke a shadow on the lash line or trace and diffuse outer v application.

Traditions T3

Aim with confidence thanks to Sonia G. Traditions T3. This multipurpose crease/blender/laydown brush is designed with an oval shape with a strong tip for strategic placement. Plus, there’s no need to use too much pressure, because the bristles are so incredibly effective. “I love this shape and this density. This brush can save a lot of time trying to fix or even out the placement.” –Sonia G.

Traditions T4

Sonia G. Traditions T4 is a medium-sized crease/blending brush. Designed with a flat surface at the top and airy but substantially dense bristles for evenly diffused intensity. The strong surface offers control, as the bristles retain their shape and move with discipline. “It’s a wonderful brush for transition shades. The transition application will be very even and smooth.” –Sonia G.

Traditions T5

Sonia G. Traditions T5 is a flat crease brush with a pinched ferrule. With a rounded shape at the top and a fluffy but disciplined body, you’ll reach for this brush over and over again. Since it’s tapered sideways, the bristles retain their shape and can work on different eye shapes. Use the sides to lay down product, or the tip to work in the crease area. “If you would like to try just one brush from this series, the T5 has so much potential to be an everyday essential.” –Sonia G.

Traditions T6

Sonia G. Traditions T6 is a big eye shadow brush for all-over placement or blending. It’s quite large, thick, and dense. The arched ferrule opens the bristles, allowing the brush to flow very smoothly, adapting easily to the structure of the eye area. Use it to layer a base shadow, blend, tone down, or fix an application. Bonus: it doubles as a concealer brush.  “It’s very handy to have a ‘fixer’ type of brush beside me. When I’m done playing and testing, I can easily fix the intensity.” –Sonia G.

I think I can safely leave T6 alone, it seems so close to Sunset Crane Arched Worker at least, but T3, t4 and T5 look sooo good 💸💸💸

Beautylist Presents The Lunar Year Brush - Year of the Dragon

Haul LNY.jpg

Haul 1 - Brush Front.jpg

Haul 1 - Brush Back.jpg

Utterly adorable! I can hardly wait for mine to arrive!

I'm excited for you to get your brush @Harobedb! It's now become a tradition that I pick up the LNY brushes. 😀

Wow @itsfi  you received it so fast! It looks just as cute as the web pics 😍

@SurprisedLemur, this year's design is super cute; I'm happy with this purchase. I am petsitting / housesitting for some friends and I decided to have it shipped to their place (which is in the same city as a Beautylish distribution site) since I'm not getting home in time to get my packages. They have a doorperson and that is proving to be super convenient. As is this speedy delivery!! 😁 

The year of the dragon brush is now live on beautylish 😁 @Salliestar @Harobedb @haleyvvvv @WinglessOne 

@SurprisedLemur   I’m surprised Beautylish didn’t text people early about pre-ordering. (Or I dunno, maybe they did and I didn’t make the cut for pre-order status this time.) But yeah, I ordered my happy dragon brush. And when I saw they had all the previous LNY brushes up for individual sale, I finally caved and bought the pig brush (my Chinese astrological sign), after resisting all this time. Gee, my “buy fewer brushes this year” resolution is going so well! 😅 

1,985 Replies
testing