Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

Spring 2011's hottest color: Honeysuckle

I've seen numerous articles in which it is forcast that Pantone's Honeysuckle is going to be "the" color for Spring. In "Tips and Trends" I asked for suggestions on specific products in this shade, but response has been minimal (though valuable).  It's a lot of work searching the internet for specific recommendations, so I'd really appeciate it if someone at Sephora would compile a comprehensive list of all Sephora products in this color family.  As fashions change, such a list could be changed--a seasonal "hot list".

Yes, I know there was a short article about this trend in Sephora's blog.  Sephora, do you know how hard it is to find your blog?  I ended up finding it by accident through Google, and even just now had to Google "sephora blog honeysuckle" to find it!  Plus, the recommendations, while helpful, were nowhere near comprehensive--only four listed.

The easier it is for customers to find what they are looking for, the greater the number of units sold.

And for those readers who are now inspired, specific make-up recommendations have included:

Tarte's Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in Natural Beauty

Bobbi Brown palette in Pretty Powerful

Nars' lip gloss in Easy Lover

Hourglass' Femme Rouge Velvet Creme lipstick in Fever 

Tarte's Natural Cheek Stain in True Love

Makeup for Ever's Matte Eye Shadow in Dark Raspberry

Smashbox's blush rush in Radiance

YSL rouge volupte lipstick in 10

NARS nail polish in Schiapp

Dior Addict 773 Fatal Siren

Nars LipGloss Ophelia

Dior addict ultra gloss glow in pink silk

MUFE Tres Vichy collection

Last two: where are they, Sephora? I'm sort of expecting y'all to carry these colors as you do the brand.

All best--Maggy

Re: Spring 2011's hottest color: Honeysuckle

Hi maggy. Unfortunately we don't have a comprehensive list of all products available in Honeysuckle, but I agree it would be nice! Thanks for taking the time to list all of the helpful recommendations. Smiley Happy I haven't found information on the Dior addict ultra gloss glow in pink silk you asked about, but the MUFE Tres Vichy collection is now available on Sephora.com.

Good point about the blog. For others having trouble finding it, you can read or link to it directly from the Beauty Talk landing page: http://www.sephora.com/beautyadvice/ (bottom right). Hope that helps!

XO,
Olivia

I think it would be a great idea if Sephora could add searching by color to their search engine.  For instance, I'd like to be able to type in the words "orange blush" and have the search pick up all the brands that have an orange-shaded blush.  I guess it would be pretty hard to do with all the different products and colors, but it would be a very helpful feature if it could be added somehow.

Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Hi tenngal. That's an excellent idea! Although we don't have that option available you are able to type in a color in our search bar and anything "Orange" related will populate.  We suggest trying that out while we forward your suggestion to the appropriate contact within our organization.

Awesome idea.  I would certainly use it all time!Smiley Wink

Random question -- I love Pantone swatches (has anyone seen the adorable mugs?), but I'm so confused as to why this color is called honeysuckle. Most types of honeysuckle are a pale, pale yellow -- so how Pantone got bright pink from that, I'm not sure. Am I missing something? An obscure type of honeysuckle, maybe?

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors