Alice purple.jpg

UD (dot) com Exclusive shades that I own and can swatch for people:

Spoiler
Revolution lipstick: Gash, Protest, Matte Carnal
Revolution gloss: Gash, Shadowheart
Blush: Satisfy
Other: Gash nail polish

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

Here's a fun question: what order did you buy your naked palettes in? 

Personally, I went Naked 3, Smoky, Naked 2, Naked Ultimate Basics, and then Naked Heat. I still don't have the OG Naked palette 

I bought Naked2 Basics and never bothered with the full size palettes. Too many colours would go unused, and they're repetitive. Naked2 Basics is my base palette, and then I have a few random palettes like the Alice Looking Glass, Shadow Box, and Smoked (not to be confused with Naked Smoky, Smoked is a black-based UD palette with a couple nudes, the traditional Blackout, and the rest jeweltones). Then I have a bunch of duochrome singles and a couple of matte singles (grey and peach, so I have a variation from the brown mattes in the Basics). If they made a palette entirely of duochromes, I would totally buy it, because that's my jam.

I bought naked 1 first then naked 3, which fell apart. Th...

I bought naked 1 first then naked 3, which fell apart. Then earlier this year I bought all three from the UD website for like $113.

I got NAke, Naked 2, Naked HEAT. I LOOOOOOVE HEAT!!!! NOw they need to make a Naked COOL. All mermaidy jewel tones, silvers, etc. Although I guess that would not be NAKED. Unless you're a mermaid. 

Okay so the birthday gift choices on UD direct is pretty sucky. I have like a few options. What do you all think of the moondust shadow in Stellar?

I thought they were doing a full sized Sin highlighter as the birthday gift? 

I havent tried Stellar, but I got Extragalactic a while back and it applies beautifully with a wet brush.

@purly In Canada? We would never get such a thing 😄 I wish!!!!

Hmmm still thinking about it. The other choice I have is the regular shadow in Busted and then a black glittery shade (moondust I think) that I didn't care for.

I popped in to the Sephora in downtown Boston today, which is a stand alone store and has some natural light. So I took photos of the Heat line by itself, and the palette swatched next to ABH Modern Renaissance. My skin tone is light with slight yellow undertones.

Quick(ish) Thoughts:

Spoiler

I didn't expect to, but I fell in love with the UD palette, especially the shimmer shades. It may be because I don't really have these shades in my collection, but I thought they were beautiful. The mattes were ok - I think I was only really disappointed by En Fuego (Ashes seemed to be better for me than other reviews I've seen). I didn't apply any to my eyes, so maybe the fallout would be maddening with the shimmers, but I'm interested regardless. Considering that UD Smoky has gone on half off sale a few times since it came out, I'm willing to wait on this, but I do think I will add it to my collection.

With the ABH, maybe it's because I feel like it's been super hyped, but I was less impressed. I think the mattes are slightly better than UD, and the color range a bit greater, but I wasn't wowed particularly by any shade. And I wasn't blow away by the shimmers. I don't know if it was because I was so surprised by how much I like the Heat palette (swatched first). I'm going to go back and just swatch the ABH to see how I feel, but I didn't think I should totally have it. I also don't know if ABH would go on sale like UD, so maybe that factors in to me not definitely wanting it.

Swatch photos:

Spoiler

From my wrist to my elbow: Urban Decay Palette (on left/top in duo pics): Ounce, Chaser, Sauced, Low Blow, Lumbre, He Devil, Dirty (Talk), Scorch, Cayenne, En Fuego, Ashes, Ember. 

The lipsticks on the left from wrist to elbow are Fuel, Scorched, Heat and the liners on the right are Torch and Alkaline.

Modern Renaissance: Tempera, Raw Sienna, Golden Ochre, Burnt Orange, Vermeer, Primavera, Buon Fresco, Red Ochre, Antique Bronze, Venetian Red, Love Letter, Warm Taupe, Cyprus Umber, Realgar.

UD Heat in sunlight:
heat sun.jpg
ud heat lipstick sun.jpg

UD Heat store light:
heat no sun.jpg

Heat vs ABH in sunlight (sorry for weird angle that caused some shades to wash out, people were not in to letting me find my light for a good picture!)
heat vs abh sun.jpg

Heat vs ABH in store light:
heat vs abh no sun.jpg
heat vs abh no sun2.jpg

Ugh, I love that store in Boston! Miss it so much. 

Beautiful swatches!!!!   I love both of these palettes very much, but agree they are very different.  @snoflakefaerie

WOW these swatches ❤️ *drools*

That might be the best natural lighting I've ever seen in a Sephora!  Great comparison swatches!  Every set of pics I see eats away at my self control.  

I know, right?

Thank you for the swatches, every time someone posts swatches I like it more and more.

So looks like this is coming this fall!

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 8.37.30 PM.png

Color me intrigued!   I love the mermaidy packaging and the model's (that's not Wende, is it?) lashes are goals! 💗  Thanks for sharing!  @veronika23

@Tamara76   I have no idea 😄

@JazaChai What UD Vice Lipsticks do you recommend for a wearable mauve?

New mascara coming soon!

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 9.28.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-04 at 9.28.44 AM.png

FullSizeRender.jpgIn case anyone was wondering how Alkaline looks compared to Chanel Eros...

Thanks for the swatches!   I am super in love with Alkaline!   ❤️   @SydBristow

testing