IMG_1682.png

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

4F91465B-4B63-46C1-AA21-F99352CFAC5B.jpeg

3A727407-664E-4773-952A-20A72A561EAF.jpeg

31210749-DE8C-410C-8D9D-F691705D3196.jpeg

Tags:

Its so boring.... plus what is the formula really like after they changed it.... its not going to be the same formula as their old palettes since its gone vegan....

I saw the short video ad on their website and it really looks like it’s got a lot of shimmer/glitter/duo chrome shades and just a couple matte which is is exciting because I love their shadows that are extra pigmented and shimmery. I want it now! Lol

@SportyGirly125 @JazaChaiI was going to ask if anybody was excited about this palette. I saw this image on another message board and didn’t see any follow up images so I’m not sure what it actually looks like on skin. But more interesting is the lack of action on this thread.  it makes me think people have lost interest in this brand. 

@itscarin I'm interested in it. But I haven't seen much besides this promo haha. 

@itscarin  Could be the brand's lost interest, or that people who support the brand just aren't interested in this particular palette. Kinda like Pat McGrath's latest Mothership which is more polarizing than I expected: some folks love the palette while others see it as just another rose-themed palette (I'm in the latter camp), and it doesn't help that some of us expected more pops of color. Doesn't mean any of us are less interested in the PMG brand (though I'm sure some folks have indeed lost interest); we're just underwhelmed by the latest palette. Maybe the same is true for Urban Decay and this newest Naked palette. 

I've never been a big fan of UD's palettes (I don't like many of their eyeshadow formulas), so none of the Nakeds—including this one—wow me. But I'm a longtime fan of their lipsticks, so I'm bummed to see the old Vice bullet shade range pared down so much in the new lipstick line. I've always thought their eyeliners were okay: nice color range but average performance. I've never used their complexion products. And I gave up on their mascaras about 1 or 2 releases ago: they all hurt my eyes and/or are ridiculously flaky/smudgy. 

For years, I've said Urban Decay has lost their edge. That's probably due to their parent company. But I can't help remembering that small new makeup brand I randomly found one day in an Urban Outfitters store sometime in the 1990s, with fun lipstick shades and a true "urban decay" theme. I miss the quirky gritty brand that stood out from others... UD hasn't been that brand in a loooong time. So I guess you could say I lost interest in the brand overall many years ago, and I've hung on just to the lipsticks. 

@WinglessOne It is a shame that they eliminated so many shades.  That's one of the things I liked about that lipstick line.  I saw a couple that caught my eye, which I'm assuming are new (Local and Love Talk were the names - I think) but that was it.  I always prefer to see larger selections, not fewer choices.

@itscarin I feel like I've lost interest in the brand.  Their Naked palettes were iconic, but I haven't been drawn to any of their others.  I own three of their Vice lipsticks, but two I got on sale - otherwise I wouldn't have pursued them.  Then they re-designed that line, only I felt like it was just more of the same but with a vegan twist.  I also miss seeing an array of their eyeliners in store.  There's so much choice online, but so little shelf space in the brick and mortar.

@greeneyedgirl107  @itscarin  @SportyGirly125  I've never been drawn to this brand, other than a few lip products from about 15 years ago.  However, I really like their new Stay Naked Foundation and the matching powder foundation.  Light, but effective.

@itscarin It's a pass for me.  They haven't come out with anything exciting as of late.  The last thing I liked from them was the Urban Decay Naked Wild West Eyeshadow Palette 

I can't wait for this palette!😊

Reissued lips! 

2FE77A1E-5EEB-4D38-AC2F-20A090BEEFD7.jpeg

@JazaChai Pretty packaging!

9973889F-144D-4BE4-99CE-992CE36C7962.png

💛💛💛💛💛

DE9EACE0-BF7A-4466-A023-14143DE5F54F.png

1B26AE8C-269A-4CC9-8C7A-BF87CD32CBD2.jpeg

73ADC787-1DAD-4ECE-A647-345206167104.jpeg

DF6EECB4-D2A1-4BF8-87DE-E50309313752.jpeg

C8DA1AE1-3A24-4023-802B-E7747B5F0313.jpeg

And now the last of the mainstream alt brands has fallen 😞 First KVD went vanilla, and now UD is pretty much officially just like all the other coachella-hipster-beachie brands... I can't remember the last time I got excited about their releases. Even the retro mini palettes were halfassed.

2,658 Replies
testing