Alice purple.jpg

UD (dot) com Exclusive shades that I own and can swatch for people:

Spoiler
Revolution lipstick: Gash, Protest, Matte Carnal
Revolution gloss: Gash, Shadowheart
Blush: Satisfy
Other: Gash nail polish

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

I am not surprised about the neutral eyeshadows. Gwen is known for a bold lip with dark eyeliner and a very neutral eye. She rarely wears wild eyeshadow colors, at least for press events. I think doing a lipstick collaboration makes a lot of sense for her, I don't see why she chose to do an eyeshadow palette as well. 

I am not even mad about this palette, the packaging is nice, the colors are for the most part, neutral shades, which makes it more wearable for me to wear to work.. I have plenty of neutral palettes, but I am also enjoying the pops of color in this. I will have to wait to see how much it will be sold for and swatches to be convinced. 😛

The lipstick packaging is perfect! I really like the ex-girlfriend shade! 

Is it funny that I'm singing the song as I read "Ex-girlfriend"? I am liking that shade too, just hoping it isn't too sheer.

I feel if you have KVD shade + light and ABH World Traveler you are covered lol. I compared them a few hours ago. image.jpg

I love Gwen Stefani though.  I don't love Kat Von D.  (I've got no feelings on her.)  Yes, Gwen Stefani is a bit ignorant and racist and that's not cool, but she kinda killed it in the late 90s early 2000s.  She is commercial-friendly riot grrrl.  I admire her because she can get on stage, run around and sing, and then drop and do pushups, and go back to singing.  That girl is fit.  F-I-T.  There are things I don't like about her but the things I do like outweigh the bad.

hmmm, now that you mention it, these do look eerily similar. It'll be interesting to see if people with the ABH palette actually purchase this and if/how the swatches compare.

I have both the KVD and ABH. I will be purchasing it if the quality is nice simply because I love Gwen. I know it seems dumb to repeat, but I don't mind having some repeat shades through different palettes. I like to grab one without having to open every palette I have. I enjoy the ABH palettes (and others) because they are smaller versions of the full sized shadow I would never hit pan on and they are portable with a decent brush. This palette would be less portable, but well rounded in my opinion. Truth be told, I am a collector. I really don't need an excuse lol! I will try to remember to swatch side by sides and post them here for you when it comes out. 

I am sad that only one of the lipsticks are mattes. Those colors scream for a matte formula. 

I cant lie I was super bummed to see this. Its so everyday & it looks just like the ABH World Traveler Palette (just going off photos). I just feel its too neutral. I love my KVD Shade + Light palette, but idk its different. I expected more.

I have to say, I love the lipstick packaging

Is it just me or does these colors seem too tame for a UD/Gwen team up. Where's the bold-in-your-face drama?

I mean, for the most part Gwen has been all about a neutral eye and bold lips/blush/what-have-you, even in her bolder Return of Saturn days. Since this is supposed to be a palette of some of her favorite shades it makes sense to me.

(There should really be a hot pink somewhere in there though)

Totally agree! I'm almost glad though, I need to start passing on SOMETHING this season..

That lipstick packaging tho...

Yes, they're so boring! Thanks for saving me a bunch of money, UD & Gwen!

Yes - thank you! I wanted something awesome and exotic - might as well buy the MJ holiday palette for $99

My thoughts exactly.  I'm not excited for this one at all 😞

Ooooh I much prefer the lipsticks with the neat packaging!

I know the packaging looks amazing! And that Eyeshadow palette!!!! 

UD X GWEN

Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 6.46.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 5.49.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 10.36.14 AM.png

1 Reply
testing