Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Hi Megan,

Thanks for letting us know what you think of the collection now that you've seen it! 

When you say that you can see the gold in the cream blush, does that mean that it is very glittery? or is it a nice shimmer? Do you think it still looks natural?

Can't wait to watch your video review of what you picked up. Please let us know when it is available 🙂

Thanks in advance!

I'll let you know on the video…tomorrow or Friday at the latest.  I'm wearing it all to know what I (really) think.  I was so glad to go into the store to see it in person.  

The blush is beautiful.  A soft pink gold glow…with a sheen not a shimmer.  Since I got the compact I was counseled out of both.  The blush is that natural summer thing…but it does show a gold sheen..so if you can't do gold I'd advise against it.  I almost got it.

The blue in the duo is gorgeous and very vibrant.  It's the cream color that is a little unexpected with an olive tint.

In some ways the promo photos nailed what I saw…a lot of it is sheet, with overlaid shimmery shades that are almost chunky glitter but with formulas smooth enough not to look chunky, if that makes sense.

I absolutely love what I got.

I'm happy you love what you picked up!

I love how you described the blush. I'm yellow toned so I think I'll be able to pull of gold 🙂

You have me even more excited to see your review now!!

I have to wait 2-3 more weeks to get it in Canada 😞 

What a pain to have to wait!  I was lucky to have time to drop by today.  For us yellow under toned types (me too…though my skin isn't a dupe that's my undertone too) the golds of summer are so pretty.

If the collection were cheaper I would have gotten the blush and another lip shade or two.  The price point makes those sheers tougher.

I think you'll love the blush!

I wanted to share an update on the shimmer fragrance.  I wore it for a few hours this morning and was aware of the fragrance but didn't find it overwhelming. If you are sensitive or worried about it conflicting with a regular perfume, might want to pass. Not sure what the official description is, but to me it smells like slightly smoky vanilla with a hint of sunscreen ;). It doesn't feel heavy or sticky and so far, no rash or reaction. The shimmers transferred a little

Spoiler
image.jpg

on my clothes but not bothersome. I did get a glimpse in a rare ray of sunshine and it did have me gleaming like I was a Cullen. A little goes a long way! 😉 I like that it is in a spray but still had to be careful to wash my hands thoroughly after rubbing it in. Really Ree has a good swatch, this is my best attempt. 

Overall, I think it's lovely. Glad I picked this one up. 

I bought it too, I love it so much!

Thank you for reviewing this for us! I wasn't sure before, but it's now staying on my pre-order 🙂

I've been stalking this thread.  I need work to cooperate so I can get to NM on Thursday or Saturday to the Tom Ford counter!  They had the stuff in last weekend but I had no time to stop and play.  

Anyway, not sure if this has been mentioned (I did search) but has anyone tried the new Fleur de Portofino perfume?   I love Mandarino de Amalfi and can't wait to try this one, but not sure if it will be at NM yet!  The ad for it is NSFW. 

upload_6189910414635389045.jpg

"description at Bergdorf Goodman, where the 50 ml bottle is $215... "Private blend Fleur de Portofino is inspired by the cascades of white flowers that spill off the branches of white flowers that spill off the branches of the White Acacia—A beloved shade tree that dots the Mediterranean's gardens and lines it's tranquil avenues. Fleur de Portofino creates a crisp and bright floral accord from this bloom, then surrounds it with effervescent citrus and acacia honey. The fragrance creates an effect of sheer floral possession that is incomparably hypnotic and extremely bold."

I think I will ask for a sample of this when I come and pick up my goodies on Monday. Good grief! Why is it have to be so expensive lol 🙂 I still waiting for the NM gift card event to come back so I can hoard the 100 mL bottle of Jasmine Rouge

Anonymous Insider

Do you mind comparing it to the Mandarino and the Neroli? I have decanters of my 3 favorites TF private blend fragrances and 100mLs of the ones I liked, but not decanter sized liked. If it smells much sweeter than Mandarino, I can see myself passing. I even occasionally layer Mandarino with Costa. 

Maybe sister13 can chime in and answer this. I don't have the Mandarino. I don't wear the Neroli either but I can pick the scent out from the crowd since it is my hubby's signature scent (it is unisex and smell oh so wonderful on him. Spoiled guy ;)) I remembered Mandarino is similar but lighter. I could be wrong though. But will def report back on the new perfume if I got a sample of it 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Well I dropped by Neimans and the SA made me a HUGE sample of the Fleur (ironically also of the costa even though I insisted I already had it in the 100mL). I think it is a gorgeous feminine scent but I am going to pass. There is a strong floral note that I already know is likely to trigger migraines for me. The only other strong floral I have from TF is the Jasmine Rouge that I only wear layered with another TF scent. I find the only florals that don't bother me tend to be non-synthetics and unfortunately TF does use a number of synthetics. 

I picked up a Creed fragrance in the 4oz size instead. I was tempted by the flacon but I'm in the middle of a major move and transferring my TF decanters is giving me enough stress without adding more large bottles to the mix 😄

Lots of ppl love Creed. I haven't yet tried this brand. One day 😉

Anonymous Insider

Without meaning to derail this thread, I originally didn't love Creed. The thing is many of the reps tend to push the Aventus since it is their most popular "unisex" fragrance and is exactly center in terms of how "intense" it is. However for me the scent totally changed and suddenly dropped its top and middle notes and legitimately smelled like.... Male musk. As in a man who has had a heavy workout, but minus the BO. Clearly I wasn't sold as I'm not a fan of smelling like a virile man :D. I think the key to Creed scents is waiting for the entire dry down many hours in. I don't love all of their fragrances but I could see how others would. It is definitely a line that you need to go to a counter for 🙂

I'm pretty sure it's back. I got an email about it today. 

image.jpg

Yes, thx. They sent this email to me today too. Unfortunately, I don't plan on buying their Jewelry lol ... Such a world problem I know 🙂 though I have to admit their Roberto Coin collection is gorgeous but I'm afraid selling both of my kidneys won't get me any where close 😉

I'm not a TF perfume fan overall (ok, I'm thinking of the really perfumy strong scents like the Orchids, I haven't tried all his perfumes yet), but I love the Neroli Portofino and I got a quick sniff of the Amafi which seemed nice too . I'll have to try this one, sounds interesting! 🙂 Yum!

I believe it is already in stock at Neimans. Nordstrom isn't getting it for a couple of weeks. I'm not personally a fan of TF fragrances in general, but I am kind of interested in this one. would love to hear more if you find it!

Great, thanks, I'll update if I get a chance to experience it in real life.

Anonymous Insider

I swear EVERY DAY for the past two weeks, I start it off strong. Then I see this thread and see all the BEAUTIFUL shades, go to Nordies and Saks' sites, add close to $400 worth of TF Soleil products to my cart, and stare at the final value. I leave the tab open, go do something else, come back, look at the value again, almost place an order, and then finally convince myself I don't need it. This is all interspersed with coming back to this thread of course to stare the pretty pictures. 

Go to sleep, rinse, repeat -_-. TWO WEEKS. 

Oh man

BT is a dangerous, dangerous place. I'm struggling to keep my order to just the palette, the peach eyeshadow duo is tempting me.

All I can say is...will you regret not getting anything? haha.

16,845 Replies
testing