Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Great idea thanks  @Ispend2much6 ! 

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Some more photos of the ‘Iconic’ 12C644DBA7-2176-4159-AD04-D40391C867BC.png

7DC08C9F-30B8-416B-A5DB-8E3F2E1E9B2F.png

CEA25BB1-2553-4381-A969-062AA4A2C9C9.png

from Fortune Girl and the arm and lip swatches I posted below, 2918, 2919, 2920 and 2962 are listed as satins and the other 8 are listed as mattes. Would be nice if they listed them by their names instead of the item SKU 🤣

RE: Let's Talk About NARS!

Nars is coming out with an audacious fragrance. No details on notes yet

Swatches of the Nordstrom Satin Lip Pencil Set

Re: RE: Let's Talk About NARS!

They all look great @Mochapj ! I love the range of shades. 

Swatches of the 12 ‘iconic’ original shades from the 25th anniversary release

Ugg @Mochapj I can barely remember a 2 digit name much less 4! 😖 Hope these get names! And why do they look so good. Something must be different to my eyeballs anyway. If not they are just super pretty on her!! And if not will save me some $ for some other must have fall/ holiday stuff!!

@Sunnysmom Don’t worry, in North America they will have names.

I’m not sure what the reasoning is, but I’ve noticed in Japan/China etc, they never refer to the products by NARS’ given names, they always just use the 4 digit product code that’s on the top of the box (under the name) Maybe NARS doesn’t print region specific packaging so the numbering is the only universal identifier 🤷🏽‍♀️

Makes a lot of sense @Mochapj.  And I sometimes contend that when buying from Shu Uemura etc I can get confused about which numbers I have so I often buy a duplicate! It may or may not have happened. 😳🙄🤣

Sh*t. 😂 Very red/pink/berry heavy and right up my alley. Narrowing it down to one or two is gonna be tough! 💸

Ditto my friend @RGbrown ditto!! Ugg! 

@RGbrown  FYI, some (if not all) of these original 12 shades are available right now in NARS’s regular lipstick line. 🙂 So you can probably swatch them in person at a Sephora. 

I recognize Funny Face in one of the swatch photos; that one’s definitely available now. I know because I’ve debated repurchasing it (my last one is now empty)—and now I might wait for this new anniversary version, even if it’s just for the special packaging. 

@WinglessOne 

I thiiiink I read/understood that these 12 are going to be done in the Audacious formula for the anniversary packaging, so I'm curious to check them out then (if that's true...I could be wrong!)

@RGbrown  Last news I saw about them showed them in a special red version of the original NARS lipstick formula casing, and there will be both creams and mattes—just as there are today. If someone’s heard these will be redone as Audacious creams, please tell me more! Because that’d make me buy more than one of these shades. 

@WinglessOne 

I'm eagerly awaiting confirmation either way myself...all I'm working off of right now is this comment by @Mochapj below!

Screenshot_20190717-153631.png

@WinglessOne I read in a few Asian blogs that the 12 shades in the red tube are called 'Iconic Audacious' which leads me to believe they're being re-done as Audacious formula.

But you are correct that Funny Face is in there; supposedly the 12 are the first 12 lipsticks NARS released when the line debuted at Barneys 25 years ago.

@Mochapj  Yeah, those swatches definitely look like the original 12 shades (“original” = first shades NARS ever launched—which were initially the only NARS makeup that existed). I see Jungle Red, Transeurope Express, Scarlett’s Empress, Casablanca... I think they’re all there. 🙂 

Now I wonder what NARS themselves have said lately about this collection on Instagram or Twitter. I need to investigate! I’d LOVE to have an Audacious cream version of Funny Face and a few other of these original 12 shades, so now I hope it’s true! 

@WinglessOne  AFAIK I don't think NARS themselves has said anything about this launch as yet. 

Most of the news that's been spreading on IG has been via the press/blogger events that have been happening in Taiwan and elsewhere in Asia during the past 2 weeks. One aggregator account picks it up and then all the other makeup 'news' accounts repost until it ends up on Trendmood LOL 😉

Last night I saw a video from Vogue Taiwan that showed a blogger walking down the line of the 60 shades (black old school packaging) that are another part of the 25th anniversary release - I recognized a lot of old lipsticks like Falballa, VIP Red, Schiap, Mayflower... I have a few old D/C ones I'm hoping will make a return 🙂

Swatches of the Nordstrom anniversary sets

In addition to the red packaged lipsticks for their 25th anniversary (which are the 12 original lipsticks) Nars is also releasing 60 lipsticks in matte, satin and shimmer finishes, as well as some new eyeliners. Coming September

We think new formulas @Mochapj ? Hope so. 

2 Replies
testing