Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@jesscheems Yes! I really love the quality of these palettes - they seem just like the full sizes. The lightest shade in 2 was a little powdery/chalky, but not any different than my full size Sex Appeal.

I remember you saying you returned the Give in Take palette and I just recently used that one and thought the quality was poor too.  Sadly that one is getting returned, but these palettes are so much better!

@kso1225 I played with mine this morning and have to second your thoughts on the quality on these!

I originally wanted that Give In Take palette too, but was incredibly underwhelmed (it looked so boring :x), then the reviews started coming in and they weren't great 😕

@kso1225 Okay perfect! Thank you. So excited 😃 I had no NARS blushes and really wanted just one (or two or three or four....) and when I saw these palettes I knew they would be the best option especially with the colouring because these palettes should work for many skintones. 

I did return that one and had no intention of returning it but I just wasn't happy with the overall quality/pigmentation. Thank goodness these palettes are better *yayyyyyy*

Thanks for all the swatches @kso1225 - glad to see I was pretty spot on with most of my color matching 😂

@Mochapj I was quite impressed as I did the swatches because I remembered your comment. You're pretty much our resident color encyclopedia 😉 

Lol thanks @kso1225!

would you believe I suck at remembering names and whatnot but for some reason I have a very good color memory 😂 Too bad it has a very limited usefulness!

Thx you @kso1225. Nars is killing me with these 2 palettes and chic thrill DI cheek set. I don't need any yet I want them all

Wow this is a great deal on Audacious lippies if you've wanted these shades: Carmen, Julie, and Dominique for $65 NARS direct; Spiked Audacious set

NARS.JPG

Anonymous Insider

@talinder I went over and it's showing at $65 for me.  Did you apply a code?

$65 for me, too. But the code DARETOLOOK still works for free mascara, eyeliner, and eye makeup remover.

@Anonymous No joke, the price just changed. Must have been an error for a moment. Unless I was blind. But I double checked the price before posting. I will say I had trouble pulling it up at first. The site was being wonky. Will update. Sorry about that.

@talinder you are definitely not blind! It was $45 for a hot minute, but NARS caught it 😛

Thank you @Libellules I was afraid it was pregnancy brain, but i was certain I'd seen $45.

whoa @talinder

WAT??!!

Haha yes. My daughter graduated from college and 3 weeks later I got pregnant. Go figure.

LOL funny how that works out! Congratulations @talinder 😄

Anonymous Insider

@talinder bummer.  That would have been a crazy deal! I hope you managed to snag one before they caught wise 😉

Nah, I didn't like any of the shades. It probably wouldn't have let me check out. I could hardly get on the product page initially.

NARS Unfiltered Palettes

2016-11-30 13.25.21.jpg

Unfiltered 1

20161130_133729-1.jpg

Unfiltered 2

20161130_132655-1.jpg

@kso1225  This totally solidified my need for Unfiltered 2!!!!!

@kso1225 I wish I hadn't seen all these lovely swatches. I didn't want any of these before I saw your photos and now I want them both! 😄

I'm seriously contemplating buying Unfiltered 1 and using these colors as eyeshadows. Any chance you've tried any of these shades as eyeshadows? 

testing