Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Thanks for the re-post @Asche - it's in the Fall 2016 spoiler in my header post 😉

@Mochapj Haha, sorry! I got over excited.

No worries!  This is the place for NARS excitement 😄

Also, will re-post this in case you hadn't seen it.  To add these 5, they are taking 5 of the existing shades away 😞

I have them listed further below, but they are

Michiyo, Marlene, Geraldine, Leslie and Jeanne.

Do you guys have issues with picking up powder from the dual intensity blush palette?

I feel like none of my brushes are doing a very good job of it...natural or synthetic. Even my trusted Sephora pro contour brush which picks up powder beautifully, I have to swipe multiple times for it to get anything on the bristles. And then it applies fairly sheer on my cheek. I have never used anything from the DI formula so I don't know if it's just me, or if I got a dud (unlikely...)?

@k617 the real technique brushes work really well with this formula..I use the denser buffing brush that came in the face kit and works really well both wet and dry. 

It works best with the brush designed for the DI blushes, the wet to dry blush brush from Nars. I would get that brush! It's dense and synthetic, really nice!

@mochapj @mrsbaine @heartsmyface @malday @Gwenhwyfar Tried both my scratchy Bobbi Brown mini face blender brush and soft but dense Sephora mini multitasker #45.5 and both work well but the multitasker wins! It LOADS on the pigment like crazy. Thanks for your help!

@k617 I don't with that palette; but I have in the past with some of the DI blush singles

do you have any goat hair brushes? They need something more scratchy when they're too firm. Nars also makes a DI specific brush for them and I have it and it works, but best to see if you have something already

@Mochapj Tried to look on Sephora and can't find the specific DI brush.. which one is it? Is it just the regular Nars Blush Brush available only online?

ETA: Whoops, is it the wet/dry brush?

@k617 Yup, it's the wet/dry brush.

It's got a very small, compact bristle round head that is sized for the DI single pans (so quite narrow - maybe about the diameter of a quarter?)

I've not bothered to try them wet, but supposedly it works for both.

@Mochapj Ohhh I have a scratchy brush! My promo Bobbi Brown mini face blender 🙂 I will try that one!

Sounds like I really have been using brushes that are much too soft to pick them up. Glad I have you guys to turn to before returning this beauty!

This was one of the reasons I wasn't the hugest fan of them; they felt a little harder for me to work with... until I found that a damp beauty blender does the trick. I use that now and it applies and blends out really well. 

@mrsbaine Ooh, I'm gonna try this trick. Thanks for the tip!

Cool, thanks for the tip @mrsbaine! If my scratchy brush fails I will try that before going out to buy the brush.

I really like this palette and think the colours are gorgeous...I want it to work out!

Oh boo, that's a drag.  The DI blushes are normally a little harder pressed in the pan but normally give nice payoff.  I wonder if this is a case of needing to break the blushes in.  Are you maybe up for removing the top layer with a piece of scotch tape to see if things are softer below the surface? 

@heartsmyface @k617 I feel like I had to deal with this (getting past the first layer) with my Steven Klein DI blush. I am expecting to have to do the same with the blush palette, because I assumed it to just be a feature of the formula. I always use a fluffy brush, so the bristles don't break into the powder very quickly.

@heartsmyface I wonder if that's really it? I feel like the top layer has a bit of a shiny surface that I need to break into first.

I'm only on my second day of this palette so that very well could be it!

I don't really have a problem but I do swipe a few times and the brush I use is by no means fluffy. It applies a little intensely to my cheeks actually. This is what I use:

Thanks @malday, maybe I'm just too used to powdery blushes that have lots of kick up!

Or maybe I need a denser brush to apply these. My pro contour brush is fluffy and pretty soft. I do have a mini multitasker (45.5? Something like that?) that I initially bought for highlighting but was loading on too much pigment because it has short and dense bristles. Perhaps I'll try using that one to pick up the powder and my regular blush brush to blend it out.

Sorry if these have been posted already but...the new Audacious lipsticks for Fall 2016!!!upload_8377062456471543820.jpg

Gorgeous!!! Bye money.throwing-money-away.gif

Hi, @Asche,  I was drawn in here by this gif!  It's fabulous!   So appropriate! 🙂

testing