Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

I am drawn to bold blushes...more so than the regular shades. Does the white gold part show up on you? We are pretty similar in skin tone, so i reference you for a lot of the stuff that I buy :). Do you think I should skip it or buy it? I can't make up my mind!

Yes, we are!

The white gold does show up well, but I would recommend you swatch if you don't like high shimmer.  I really like it!

I think i'm going to buy it.      Its so gorgeous, i.. just...cant say no....

And shimmer... I love it!  Practically bathe myself in highlight every day.  😛  Thanks P!

Hello NARS-ophiles, I have been hemming and hawing about whether or not to buy the contour blush duo (Paloma for me).  I keep putting it in my basket and taking it out, repeat repeat repeat.  Does anyone have any opinions on it?  Is it a good product?  I want something that I can blend pretty naturally, because I'm not into a very strongly contoured look.  I realize it's in the One Shocking Moment palette, which I wasn't planning on buying (there is no way I need that much Laguna in my life...EVER), but perhaps now that that palette has come out there are more of you who have experience with the duo.  Any opinions, even lukewarm ones, are helpful!

I was on the fence about the One Shocking Moment palette and decided to buy it during the VIB Rouge sale, and I'm SO glad I did..It's seriously beautiful and the value is insane. Very high quality pigments. I love the contour, laguna, and dolce vita blush. I didn't think I would like the bright pink blush shades but you can easily mix multiple colors to get the color you want. Buy it! 🙂

Hi Lolli,

I have the Paloma duo and use it occasionally.  For the price, if you end up deciding to get it, I'd suggest just getting the OSM palette, since you're only paying a bit more and then you get a bunch of blushes too.

Paloma works well for my skintone (3Y07) but to be honest I don't use it to contour, really.  I bought it because I thought the contour color was similar to Douceur (it sort of is) and the highlight portion is just a nice bonus.

What is your skintone like?

Thanks for the input, Mocha!  I'm lighter than you (I've been told both 1Y04 and 1Y06, which are on the light-medium spectrum), but through my online research it seems that if I have a light hand that's the one I'd use.  I swatched Olympia in-store and it's definitely too light in the highlight.

Very good point about the OSM palette.  I am a blush fiend, but during drier times of the year I have difficulty with powder blushes on my dry skin, so that's why I'm having some trouble taking the plunge.  However, I've also just moved to a more humid climate, so it's becoming less of an issue now.

YWP has posted on her recent pic that she heard the nars crystal light reflecting pressed is being discontinued. I checked sephora and its not online, nars is not available and nordies seems to have it. i got curious so i emailed nars to find out, has anyone heard about this? I myself use the loose so i hope they keep it, i love it and just bought another one recently.

That is absolutely gorgeous!

I now have Despair palette, Stud, and No Shame on hold for me at my local Norides.  I am traveling on business and won't be able to go to the store up until Thusrday or Friday.

I want No Shame lips!

Scratch that.  I distributing my purchase.  Nordies will have my TF money.

Sephora won't be carrying the Despair palette. (At least not online? The fact that they write "on our website" might mean it will be in stores, but it's an odd turn of phrase.) Anyway, I just ordered one from Beauty dot com with a 20% off code, and it's already shipped. And Nordstrom is also carrying it, and the 10x points event is coming up at the end of the month.

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 12.53.35 PM.png

Are you going to be purchasing the One Shocking Moment palette as well (if you already haven't)? Do you think the Despair palette would be better for olive complexions (because the OSM palette leans a bit light from swatches I have seen)...

Jess I didn't purchase osm because the 2 exclusive shades don't show up on my olive skin (and I own the other colors separately)

despair does show up on me

aw **bleep**

Maybe they said "on our website" because that's how the person asked the question?? That's my guess. I'm thinking they probably won't have it at all. 

That's what I think. (I also think the CS agent needs to work on their colloquial English to avoid miscommunication.) 😉

I went into my local Sephora today and the Steven Klein display only had the items we see online. I left hopeful that the other stuff would appear whenever it comes online but if it's not coming online and it's not already in stores....

When is the Nordie's 10x points event? I don't see the dates for it on the website.

Edit: Nvm. I found it!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks TK! Just got it from beauty dot com!

Maaan. They were supposed to carry it. Lame.

testing