Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@TraceyEB - Thanks for sharing about Sofie Sees Beauty.  I don't follow any beauty YTers, IGers, etc.  This helped me make up my mind (1) actually seeing how small each pan in the palette is for the price and (2) all the dupes available.  (I was looking at '#4.)  Think I'll spend the $ on a new Gucci blush! 😂

@Titian06, I'm glad it helped. I selectively follow a few YT, IGers and her account has caught my eye on a few occasions. The Gucci blush sounds chic! Do let me know how you find it. I love Gucci watches but know nothing about their foray into cosmetics!

@niki172, I'm torn if there is a significant markup in the price and will reduce my order from four to two. I haven't heard comments about outrageous pricing from markets where the tweeds are available, so hoping the price is more moderate than what our kitty friend is hearing.

@TraceyEB I am a total hypocrite because once I saw them, I did pick up the purple one and cuivre. But yes the purple is def less pigmented but I couldn't resist the colours. At least I got 60k shoppers points lol!

@ChristalM it’s not hypocrite. I pre ordered 4 with 2 different SA and was able to fall back to 3. If I have known the drastic price increase will I pick them up? Yes but probably 1 because I don’t believe a little piece of fabric worth $23. I feel cheated. After the stupid LE mascara issue and the Tweed I will put Chanel into my penalty box. 😘 

@ChristalM, it's a good thing I can't see them! Your choices are lovely and you got a $60 towards something else! The loyalty program is why Shoppers has me coming back time and time again. I'd love to have a piece of the collection artwork to look at when I hit pan on these quads, they're too expensive not to use. 😉

@niki172 this is a tricky release I will agree. I didn’t feel like the pigment on them was intensely strong at all tho Cuivre seemed to have the most if you’re into bronze stuff. Brun Rose is quite light. I would say they are similar to their normal shadows in terms of feel and pigment. Also agree with @blackkitty2014 in that the tweed bag doesn’t seem to make up for the increase in price imo.  It’s not that impressive I didn’t think. Cute little tweed piece of fabric just sewn quite fast it appears tho it’s cute if you are dying for it. Lol  I wouldn’t buy one just for that to be truly honest. It pains me to say and I love all things Chanel! 😫  I hate it that these are this much money so I’m just getting Brun Rose even tho it’s probably similar to others but I wear these neutrals daily. I’m debating Cuivre and just not sure. Did you look at other YT folks who have reviewed them? I like Hey It’s Jackeline a lot of times to show colors. 

@Sunnysmomtricky is the perfect description for this release!! I pre-ordered all four but pricing will inform how many I buy. I hope the price isn't excessive.

Exactly @TraceyEB ! It’s not like we’re trying to buy a bag ! 🤣😳😂 Pretty nutty! 

@Sunnysmom, it is! I haven't heard price come up by those who have them, like Tavia of Chic Profile who took orders/is selling them or Angela Van Rose who bought a backup of one shade. $88 makes more sense as a Canadian markup price vs US. Fingers crossed the price is reasonable. 🙂

@TraceyEB Chic Profile is selling Chanel makeup?? Is she a rep?

@niki172, no, she buys products to review on her blog and then sells them afterwards. She also has a personal shopping service and at times has extra (unswatched) products gained - my guess - from buying a small quantity of a hot product or as a the result of orders whose sales fell through.

@niki172  Not a rep, she’s a reseller who buys and then re-sells at a markup for her services.

@Mochapj ahh I thought that might have been what she did. Thank you!

🤦🏻‍♀️ Good grief @TraceyEB , I agree. 

@Sunnysmom I hear you and if these were colors I wore all the time then yeah I'd pick it up as well. The only one that I really don't have is 1 but who knows if I'd even wear the bronze colors. Someone on YouTube did a comparison swatches of other palettes vs the Tweeds and Tom Ford's Honeymoon palette was pretty close. I own that palette already though (somewhere plus I bet it's expired) and I was unaware of the huge mark up for these palettes as well which is baloney. For $88 during a Rouge sale you can practically get a PMG palette with more than just 4 shades.

Makes good sense @niki172 ! Happy that you have a similar palette for sure!  I’m sure it’s still ok and not expired. 😊 As always there are lots of choices for shadows with new/different ones popping up all the time so I’m sure you wouldn’t really miss these if you pass. 🥰 That’s the good news/ lesson for all of us too. 

@Sunnysmom IDK I used that palette about 6 years ago so I'm not 100% if it's okay 😅. I can't find it so it may even be in my suitcase somewhere lol!!!

Lol I hear you @niki172 , I’ve got some oldies I’m sure I’m hanging on to way too long, ugh! It’ll be fun when you find it somewhere right?! I’m still looking for a blush that’s vanished! Grrr.

@niki172 Count me in with the torn. I go back and forth between 1 and 4, just 4, and none. I think $88 is a rip off. JMO.

@Winthrop44 holy cow I didn't know they were going to be $88?!?!???? Just like the new mascara - yeah it's cool but I'm not paying the uptick in price.

testing