Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Thanks greenchilli! Trying to decide by tonight if I should order from Saks 😛

I just bought the Chanel Mediterranee LE Illuminator during Nordies 3X period.  My SA (that works at NARS) highly recommended it.  Today is the second day that I have used it.  I really like it.

Picture outdoors - not very sunny.

20150512_105012.jpg

Swatch on my arm.  I have swatched it right in the center of the picture (heavy swatch). 

20150512_104936.jpg

On me (medium/deep), it just gives a bit of luminosity.  This has no shimmer, it has a glow.  I used it all over my face.  I think on deeper skin tones, it could also work well on the high points of the face - swatching is recommended.  On light tones it would make a good bronzer that looks natural.

If you swatch it heavily, some pinkness shows through (certainly not orange or yellow).  So I would describe this powder as bronze and not golden. 

It is incredibly subtle on me.  I see an "effect" - like healthy skin, but I doubt anybody would ask what highlighter I was wearing. 

Saks has Les Beiges 2015 up on the site and it's 16% off Ebates from Saks + if you have a Saks card you should have an email promo code : ) woo hoo, time to shop!

Today I tested out this purple beauty the Stylo Eyeshadow stick from the Summer collection…and I learned that Les Beiges Summer has 'left the factory and shipped' so it could be in stores very soon!Unknown-2.jpeg

My illuminator came in from Neiman's this afternoon!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

IMG_7935.JPG

Any more updates about this? I'm very curious. I'll test it out when I go in for the event in 2 weeks…I have a lot of bronzers and highlighters…but I can't really make up my mind if this is a bronzer or illuminator-wait it's a bronze-luminator! ha!

Gorgeous! Looks quite orange though, is it?

I think it's just bad lighting...It's dark and raining outside, so I couldn't get good natural light in the photo.  It's actually a really nice bronze/gold color. 

It's a little darker than I usually use in an illuminator, but I'll probably use it as a bronzer for now - It will probably be more illuminating with a tan this summer.

My local Nordstrom had it and I was able to swatch it in store. It is not as orange as it appears in the picture, but I found it to not be very pigmented. Which is not necessarily a bad thing when it comes to highlighters. I will be interested to hear Tamara76's thoughts too.

This, I also swatched it last night and I couldn't even see it on my skin. So I didn't pick it up!

You are correct - It does not seem super pigmented, but I actually prefer that in a highlighter - it's subtle.

Beautiful! Let us know when you use it what your thoughts are on it...

Off topic Chanel question here, for those of you who have Illusion d'ombre cream/powder shadows-what do you do with that cute little brush that comes with it? I don't really care for it for that product, I like a bigger softer brush. I tried it for a while to apply some of my shades as liner but wasn't crazy about that. Now I may try it as a lip brush for my purse. It's too cute to not use, ya know?

I have never attempted to use the brush. Sounds like that's common.

I don't use them either...

I haven't used those brushes for anything actually.  They're just sitting in a drawer.

Well I guess I'm not alone!

Yup, definitely not 🙂

The flower shaped illuminating powder is up at Nordstrom.  I just happened to check at 11:30 pm PST and of course I quickly bought it 😉

IMG_8901.jpg

It's in my cart but I have no idea what to do with it if I submit my order. How will this look on us darker toned ladies? I'm also weird about bronzers.

So glad you posted this! I was at Nordstrom last night and my Chanel manager let me and my daughter 'play' with the whole summer collection and she unboxed it and set up the display…talking serious kid in a candy shop moment! It's so beautiful guzelkiz your are going to love it. It's a good size too. Not quite as small as that flower blush from the spring it seemed. The eyeshadow sticks are gorgeous too!

testing