Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Oh brother, I heard some intel that there are new shades to be added to 31 Le Rouge lips. Good idea tho I guess?! 🥹 Truly a wonderful formula. Also waiting to hear when the new additional shades of quad shadows will drop. Anybody else hear? I don’t think it’s too long? 

@Sunnysmom I still haven't purchased one and new shades won't make me do it either. I guess my boycott hasn't worked as intended if they're adding to the line though. 🤣🤣🤣

😆 @Winthrop44 it’s just the most slippery slope! They are really a beautiful formula tho. Keep thinking. ☺️ I did hear the new quads were coming for fall. So that could be… July… June! 🤣 Think the lips are coming before that. 

@Sunnysmom Thanks for the intel. Looking forward to seeing what the new quads are all about.

0, 5, 6 on my neutral-warm wrinkly arm. I really have to stop taking swatch pictures so close!

IMG_0123.jpeg

These shades are absolutely stunning @Winthrop44❤️

Beautiful swatch and lovely shades @Winthrop44 

The colors look wonderful on you, @Winthrop44 ! 😍  BTW, I look at the swatch and your skin tone.  The only thing that irritates me is swatches over tattoos.

Yay these looks so gorgeous on you @Winthrop44 .which one is your favorite 

@blackkitty2014 Thank you! I have to try them on again in better light but of these three, on my pigmented lips, I like 5 the best so far. I was surprised. 2 and 7 are still my overall favorites though. I’m not the biggest fan of rosewoods on myself even though I love them on others. Always searching for one that doesn’t drag my face down.

Edit: Finally got a nice, normal light day here and while I still love the color I feel like 5 looks too cool toned on me overall. 😢 Liking 0 and 6 though, which is kind of a miracle for me for a rosewood.

2 is so pretty on you. 7 is pretty great. I tried 7 on today. It’s basically our lip colors but still fun @Winthrop44 . I’m afraid I will hoard most of these by end of the month. Sigh 😔 

@blackkitty2014 My lips are pretty pigmented and have cool brown in them, so it’s tricky.

Oh wow these look gorgeous on you @Winthrop44 ! No you don’t. Mine look same plus the angle when taking the pics doesn’t help. That’s my story… 🤗😘. So how does 0 compare to 2? 2 that much more orangey? 

@Sunnysmom  Thanks. Some, but the main difference to me is that 2 has more pink in it than 0 does (besides the red in both). The way 0 was described to me by Live Chat was "soft coral with raspberry undertones", so both warm and cool, and I can see that in it. 2 is called orange red on the pull down list of shades but strawberry red on the collection splash page. So I guess the bottom line is...it's complicated!  This is 0 on the right and 2 on the left. Hope it helps a little.

IMG_0128.jpeg

Thank you @Winthrop44 very helpful, you’re so correct!  0:00 is a unique complex mix of shades I think! It’s a very clever flattering color imo. I can safely say I have no other reds quite like it. The word “Siena” being orangey red doesn’t quite describe this one either. To me it would look like 2:00! 🤦🏻‍♀️lol. Perfect time of the day in any event. It also reminds me somewhat of the new Merit Vermillion “warm red” (same as their LE Aperitif) that I swatched yesterday. It has a tiny bit of pinky in it too tho probably more orangey. 2:00 so pretty!  I love the pinky slant to it on you! How I’d like it to be on me but I’m just not sure. Venturing out into unknown territories for this one over here. 🤣 Such important work we are all doing. Love it. 🤓( Also, I should take such time on other truly important decisions in life! 🙄😆) Thank you again for great swatches to help us! 🤗😘

@Winthrop44, super interesting discussion comparing 0:00 and 2:00. I saw one person consider Lisa E's Palazzo as a close shade for 0:00 however Palazzo is more of a red-orange than a soft coral with raspberry undertones. Thank you for swatching these lovely shades.

@TraceyEB I’ll have to check out Palazzo. I’ve never seen it irl and I’m not too familiar with swatches of it either. Is that a Lucent?

@Winthrop44, it is a Lucent and is described as a deep neutral red. That's what it looks like on my hand but on my mauve-y lips, it looks more red with an orange undertone. So, likely a dupe (though a different finish) if the shade on my hand is the same shade on the lips.

PXL_20240311_012633631~2.jpg

@TraceyEB  Thanks. I can definitely see that similarity!

Oh that’s a good comparison too @TraceyEB ! 

6,167 Replies
testing