Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

I'm glad to hear about the illusion d'ombre! I've been eyeing (no pun intended) the 2 new colors and 1 re-release 🙂

I have the re-release from before...and love it.  

I have been eyeing this collection!  Seems so wearable! I really appreciate the input!

Meganlisa - I totally forgot to tell you I wound up not keeping the blush from the fall line. It looked too much like a bronzer on my porcelain skin plus because of the sparkles (like makeupmad stated) I felt like a young teenage girl playing with makeup and I didn't like it. The other main reason I didn't keep it is I purchased the bronzer from the summer line (like the one pictured in the originating post) so I felt like I didn't need what is essentially another bronzer (trying to reign in what I buy). I love the red lippie (termeraire) in rouge coco shine enough to go back and purchase a second tube since its LE though! It truly is a color that I don't have anything else in my stash that I could duplicate. It's going to come in handy around the holidays and date night - so pretty!

That helps!  I'm really eyeing this collection....I just ordered the Nars ltd matte red....but the shine might work...I haven't decided yet.  I feel like this collection and the new smaller Nars one are very wearable.  Appreciate the follow up.  I skipped the bronzer (but did some Guerlain so I don't need anything in that family either).

Choices...

part of fall 2015, to be released at the same time as the entrelac LE paletteChanel-Les-Automnales-Fall-2015-Collection-6.jpgChanel-Les-Automnales-Fall-2015-Collection-11.jpg

Must have Chataigne and Vert Obscur! Thanks for posting these! 🙂 

Oooohh pretty! Thanks for posting! Do you have a picture of the palette?

Can someone help me figure out if the Chanel Mediterranee would be more of an illuminating powder or bronzer if I'm an light-medium to medium?

Anny if it helps I wear the lightest shade in MJ genius gel. I purchased this bronzer and by no way does it show up as orange - which is hard for me to find so I was excited to get this. I originally tried using this as a contour (didn't work) it does give me a beautiful sun kissed look (with a light hand) without looking garish. The formula is fantastic BTW. Going off if you're medium/light skin tone I would say it would be more of a bronzer. I highly recommend this product, but I don't think it would work on deeper skin tones. Just my opinion - nordies does have a good return policy if all else fails!

I'll give my two cents on it.  I am medium skin tone and it did not work for me at all.  When I applied it to my cheeks (I didn't wear any other blush since I wanted to see how it would look alone) it made me look like I was wearing 2 different shades of foundation.  It was so yellowy orange on me.  So it went back.  I suggest you go to the store without blush or highlighter on and have an SA apply it on you.  Then you can see if you like it or not.  

Hi Anny--this works as a light bronzer for me but I can probably wear it lightly all over. I love that the shimmer is very subtle and you can't see it in sunlight. It's a beautiful glow. I love it and bought it!

I went to the Nordstrom event this weekend and had my make up done at the Chanel counter. He used it as a bronzer on me and then put on some blush as well. I'm wearing 2 of the cream eyeshadow sticks and the orange lipstick from the summer collection.

(sorry for bad pics, they weren't taken to be shared since I was tired but I thought it would be helpful)

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1292.JPGIMG_1293.JPG

I don't think they are bad pictures of you. You look lovely but stop enabling me lol. I'm trying to recover from Tom Ford summer collection. 🙂

lol I think you need this one blackkitty. Go try it in the store. 

I also bought 2 of the cream eyeshadow sticks :Laurier Rose  (wearing it in the pics above) and Azulejo. Both are soo beautiful! I read that someone used the blue powder from TF Midnight sea on top of Azulejo and that it was gorgeous so I had to buy it to see for my self. lol

_Chanel_Summer2015Stylos_Swatch.jpg

Thanks for posting all your pics- you look gorgeous! I got Companade. Going to unbox and use it today. They used it on my at the Chanel event last week. 

I bought the Laurier Rose - its soooo gorgeous! Also I think you look very pretty in your pics 🙂

I love the Orchidee eyeliner and laurier rose eyeshadow. The eyeshadow stayed on abt 12 hrs no creasing on my oily eyelids 😄

Darn it Kate. You and Greenchilli are killing me 😉 They are beautiful aren't they. I'm trying to skip the Chanel bronzer with the hope that Guerlain will release the Asia exclusive highlighter 😞 

But they are two different things! You can have both! The Chanel will work as a bronzer for you and the Poudre de Soie will be a perfect highlighter to compliment it. I have been asking all the Guerlain reps I see about the highlighter and no one knows anything about it here 😞

If it is released in North America, I'm picking one up too!

Blackkitty, the Chanel illuminator is worth trying out.  I highly recommend testing it at the counter.  I quite like it because it has no shimmer and is just a glow.  I think it would flatter medium skin tones a lot!

Annypoo,I think the Chanel Mediterranee would be a natural bronzer on you (subtle).  Not to be confused with a contouring powder...but for a sunkissed glow.

8 Replies
testing