Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@niki172, I'm torn if there is a significant markup in the price and will reduce my order from four to two. I haven't heard comments about outrageous pricing from markets where the tweeds are available, so hoping the price is more moderate than what our kitty friend is hearing.

@TraceyEB I am a total hypocrite because once I saw them, I did pick up the purple one and cuivre. But yes the purple is def less pigmented but I couldn't resist the colours. At least I got 60k shoppers points lol!

@ChristalM it’s not hypocrite. I pre ordered 4 with 2 different SA and was able to fall back to 3. If I have known the drastic price increase will I pick them up? Yes but probably 1 because I don’t believe a little piece of fabric worth $23. I feel cheated. After the stupid LE mascara issue and the Tweed I will put Chanel into my penalty box. 😘 

@ChristalM, it's a good thing I can't see them! Your choices are lovely and you got a $60 towards something else! The loyalty program is why Shoppers has me coming back time and time again. I'd love to have a piece of the collection artwork to look at when I hit pan on these quads, they're too expensive not to use. 😉

@niki172 this is a tricky release I will agree. I didn’t feel like the pigment on them was intensely strong at all tho Cuivre seemed to have the most if you’re into bronze stuff. Brun Rose is quite light. I would say they are similar to their normal shadows in terms of feel and pigment. Also agree with @blackkitty2014 in that the tweed bag doesn’t seem to make up for the increase in price imo.  It’s not that impressive I didn’t think. Cute little tweed piece of fabric just sewn quite fast it appears tho it’s cute if you are dying for it. Lol  I wouldn’t buy one just for that to be truly honest. It pains me to say and I love all things Chanel! 😫  I hate it that these are this much money so I’m just getting Brun Rose even tho it’s probably similar to others but I wear these neutrals daily. I’m debating Cuivre and just not sure. Did you look at other YT folks who have reviewed them? I like Hey It’s Jackeline a lot of times to show colors. 

@Sunnysmomtricky is the perfect description for this release!! I pre-ordered all four but pricing will inform how many I buy. I hope the price isn't excessive.

Exactly @TraceyEB ! It’s not like we’re trying to buy a bag ! 🤣😳😂 Pretty nutty! 

@Sunnysmom, it is! I haven't heard price come up by those who have them, like Tavia of Chic Profile who took orders/is selling them or Angela Van Rose who bought a backup of one shade. $88 makes more sense as a Canadian markup price vs US. Fingers crossed the price is reasonable. 🙂

@TraceyEB Chic Profile is selling Chanel makeup?? Is she a rep?

@niki172, no, she buys products to review on her blog and then sells them afterwards. She also has a personal shopping service and at times has extra (unswatched) products gained - my guess - from buying a small quantity of a hot product or as a the result of orders whose sales fell through.

@niki172  Not a rep, she’s a reseller who buys and then re-sells at a markup for her services.

@Mochapj ahh I thought that might have been what she did. Thank you!

🤦🏻‍♀️ Good grief @TraceyEB , I agree. 

@Sunnysmom I hear you and if these were colors I wore all the time then yeah I'd pick it up as well. The only one that I really don't have is 1 but who knows if I'd even wear the bronze colors. Someone on YouTube did a comparison swatches of other palettes vs the Tweeds and Tom Ford's Honeymoon palette was pretty close. I own that palette already though (somewhere plus I bet it's expired) and I was unaware of the huge mark up for these palettes as well which is baloney. For $88 during a Rouge sale you can practically get a PMG palette with more than just 4 shades.

Makes good sense @niki172 ! Happy that you have a similar palette for sure!  I’m sure it’s still ok and not expired. 😊 As always there are lots of choices for shadows with new/different ones popping up all the time so I’m sure you wouldn’t really miss these if you pass. 🥰 That’s the good news/ lesson for all of us too. 

@Sunnysmom IDK I used that palette about 6 years ago so I'm not 100% if it's okay 😅. I can't find it so it may even be in my suitcase somewhere lol!!!

Lol I hear you @niki172 , I’ve got some oldies I’m sure I’m hanging on to way too long, ugh! It’ll be fun when you find it somewhere right?! I’m still looking for a blush that’s vanished! Grrr.

@niki172 Count me in with the torn. I go back and forth between 1 and 4, just 4, and none. I think $88 is a rip off. JMO.

@Winthrop44 holy cow I didn't know they were going to be $88?!?!???? Just like the new mascara - yeah it's cool but I'm not paying the uptick in price.

@niki172 - It's not just you! 😂  I'm still up in the air.  I don't follow social media, but someone mentioned Angela Van Rose.  I watched her two You Tube videos on the Tweed palettes.  It definitely helped me decide that 1, 2, & 3 are not for me.  Tweed 4 looks nice, but like you, I probably already have the same or similar colors.  I know I'll wear it, but do I really need **another** neutral eye palette? 🤑  

@niki172 @prinsesstarta This is a tough one. I heard $88 USD for quad. I pre-order 4 but thinking I will cancel 2 and only get no1 and no4. For me, it’s a cash grab and shame on Chanel for doing that. They basically sell us a piece of rag for $23. Oh and ladies don’t get the LE mascara. I got it and it’s not any good.

1 Reply
testing