Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@dioradict Helps!  Saves me money.  Thanks!!!

Hey everyone, please forward me to an up-to-date Chanel thread if there is one (unless this is it then just ignore me lol).

Has anyone grabbed the Chanel rouge vie lipstick? Or the eros eyeliner? What are you reviews on them? I plan on picking them both up!  Also, any website you recommend for me to grab them from? I'm all for the best ebates and also GWP's if there are any!

@sabrinas Vie on.  With the blush and the darker Illusion D'Ombre

Hope it helps!

Yayy thank you! Very helpful! I think I'm going to wait until the Barneys love yourself event in September so that I can grab this lipstick and some of the other perm items.  I'll grab the LE's now to be safe 😛 

I tried it on last weekend at Nordstrom.  I should have taken a photos.  Sorry.  I adore it.  More orange on me than it looks online but so lovely.  Slightly bright, medium in tone.  Looks very fresh, pretty and sexy.

I'm super tempted and might get it myself.

@meganlisa - did Vie turn orange on you or are you taking about Eros? I would be very surprised if Vie turned out to look orange. Also @sabrinas Temptalia recently did a review of the majority of the lipsticks (it's still on the first page of her website). There were some of us that did swatches on the thread about LE items. You may have to go back a couple of pages, but they're there. Hope this helps 🙂

@niki172 @sabrinas Oh my gosh, I don't know where my head is!  I have Vie.  I have just been thinking about Feu, which is what I tried on Saturday and is orange. 

Here is the thread with a number of BTers wearing Vie.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/Which-limited-edition-products-and-collections-are-must-hav...

I am just about to upload the Vie video and will post it here after it's up.  It's gorgeous on me.  A pink based red, slightly cool toned.  I don't agree that it's plum based, at least not on me.  But it does deserve Temptalia's A+ review.

Thanks Niki for getting my head straight.  I was totally confusing my shades yesterday.

@meganlisa - oh good! That really had me worried - talk about bad quality control lol!

@niki172 On my end!  I'm slowly losing it...red-orange, red-pink...whatever....

@meganlisa Lol! Oh no! Dont worry about it hah I think we all have so much makeup that we forget a few things every now and then 😛 Thank you! I think I'll be grabbing it today.  This collection really is so so beautiful.

@sabrinas Agreed.  This shade, that shade, I can't even find all of my shades...

Vie looked lovely on everyone on the limited thread.  The only issue is that it's slightly different (more burgundy) on the Chanel site.  It's a little lighter, more pink rose red (on me).

I love this collection.  Hope you love it!  I'd love to hear what you think!

@sabrinas I purchased Rouge Vie and I love it! It is a beautiful shade of red and the texture if so smooth. Highly recommend! Neiman has both items, and they sometimes do 8% cash back on Ebates. They usually also have a monthly beauty GWP, but I don't think they have released it yet.

Hi @sabrinas this is it! The place for Chanel talk 🙂 Nordstrom has a gift with $50 purchase up right now, I would get it there. I haven't tried either. But I'm going into my local Nordstrom for a national artist event in 2 weeks. I'll test out and report back...I know @meganlisa did a Chanel haul recently and maybe she got some of those? And I'm pretty sure she did a video too..

Thanks @AnneMCC! I checked her youtube and she didn't get that lipstick unfortunately 😞 It's okay though, Temptalias review looks promising enough!

I had a major moment with the new fall Chanel collection last weekend.  Outside of the sunkiss ribbons blush (I think it was a spring release?) I haven't been drawn in by any of the LE Chanel collections lately but this one really got me.  I came home with the eyeshadow quad (candeur et experience), the illusion d'ombre in rouge brule, the eyeliner in eros, the blush in rouge profond, the nail gloss in rouge radical and the rouge allure lipstick in rouge ingenue.  Wow.  It definitely says fall to me so I haven't worn anything yet but here's a shot of the look the mua did on me. . . . (all from the collection except the lip -- I'd had lunch and it had worn off by the time I took the pic).

ETA: grr, does anyone know why this pic keeps coming through upside down?  I've tried rotating it in my editor and then re-inserting but it just keeps coming through this way. 

IMG_0346.jpg

I'm intrigued, and can't wait to check them out. 

image.jpeg

Cant wait to test run these 😄

(User has opted out of the BeautyTalk community.)

@purly They look like they're the same size and shape as the new Smashbox ones, which I think are .13 oz.  So, yes, smaller than Anastasia or KVD, but still "full size".

Looks very interesting. Thanks for posting.

The Les Beiges foundation is available on Chanel's site.

testing