Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Right now I'm eating some cucumbers from the garden before fixing a chicken Cesar wrap.  I love stuff fresh from the garden!

I've been on a kick making cucumber salads, like the ones in sushi bars!

Thinly sliced cucumbers topped with some sweetened rice vinegar, crab meat, and sesame seeds!

My Aunt made some sort of cucumber salad for my papaw's surprise birthday cookout last weekend.  I don't think it was like the one you described.  I didn't get to try it because I wanted room for one of the desserts lol.

Kimchi fried rice for lunch/dinner. (Stir fry onion/garlic/scallion in olive oil/butter, add kimchi, then add soy sauce and rice) Yuuuuummmmm, finished with chocolate ice cream with fudge/brownie swirl.

I love kimchi! Smiley Happy

My bf and cousins love kim chi, but I'm not a fan of anything pickled >.< I always tell them that at least leaves more for them!

I have a confession, partially to keep myself honest.

Tonight's appetizer? One of those mini Haagen-Daas ice creams- the 3oz ones that you can find for around $1.25 at the local store.

I have major medical problems with the heat and needed to get my core temperature to start getting back to normal.... I've been drinking water by the liter.  Desperate times...

Oooooo, those tiny ice creams are darn cute! I remember getting a Ben & Jerry's one that had a tiny spoon included!

Best of luck battling this heat! We don't want you getting too hot!

I keep bottles upon bottles of water in my car just in case.

I was pushing the water all week by the liter- usually 3+ a day. 

Mmm... tonight's dinner was a bit different and nice.

All of these fit on a salad plate, for serving size reference:

• Grilled mango-lime marinated shrimp
  • Grilled asparagus
  • Tiny scoop of mac and cheese

Plus, half a cup of lobster bisque.

It just felt like summer!

Yum! Sounds good starletta8! I'm a sucker for anything that involves mango and lime. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine

My beverage had mango in it as well, but we don't discuss such things here at BT! Smiley Wink

Aaahh, there were some talk of ramen yesterday so I ate ramen today. Also made Chocolate Run cake with gooey chocolate center, the lazy version. It turned out quite well, 3in of rich fluffy chocolate cake. Yes I ate straight from the pan, it's legit cuz I live alone anyways, less dishes to wash. =P

2013-08-30 21.51.40.jpg

Recipe:
- Chocolate cake mix (the one with pudding)
- 3 eggs (default)
- 1/2 cup of oil (default)
- 1 1/4 cup of water (default)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 oil
- 1 tsp expresso powder or grounded coffee
- 1/4 cup of burbon, rum or brandy.

Mix all of the above together. Pour half (or a bit more) the batter into the pan, lay some bittersweet chocolate bar on top (I used 60%), pour in remaining half.

Bake according to box directions (preheat, then 350F for 30-40min).

Mix 1/4c each of rum, water and sugar, and 2tbsp butter. Microwave to combine. When the cake is done, poke with toothpick and pour this on top. Dig in.

Whipped cream/frosting unneccessary unless you really like them. Even the syrup's just an enhancement. Nothing complicated, actual work prob took 10min.

*instead of chocolate bar in the center, you can also do other things like pureed strawberries or rasberries.

*you can also flip it and dust some cocoa powder on top for presentation if frosting's not your thing.

That looks AMAZING!!!!  I'm going to have to try that one.

Oooo, good idea with different fillings and dusting it with cocoa powder! I bet you can get fancy with a lace doily and dust powdered sugar into a fancy design!

i've had apple butter cooking away in my crock pot for the past few hours... my house smells divine! it won't be done until around 9 pm, then i'll can it Smiley Happy next i'm going to try my hand at peach butter! and tonight for dinner i'm making a lasagne Smiley Happy 

i seriously love the fall. i come alive as soon as the weather starts to change Smiley Happy i seriously think i suffer from sad in the summer haha. i HATE the sun! as soon as fall rolls around i'm like a completely different person Smiley Happy 

APPLE BUTTER!!!! GAHHHHHHH!!!!!

I can haz???

You'll have to share recipes!!!

i found the recipe online... i'll pm you the link Smiley Very Happy it turned out so dang good! i added a bit more of the chinese 5 spice than it called for, but i also had to cut the recipe in half because my crock pot can't hold 8lbs of apples all at once haha. it turned out so dang good! 

Egad. After being sick all of last week & hardly eating anything, I'm almost well. Now I'm nomming everything in sight like I have a tapeworm or something.

Just this morning I've had a cup of Beefaroni, a Maruchan instant lunch, 1/4 box of Triscuits (fire roasted tomato & olive oil flavor), a cup of steamed wild rice, a glass of iced coffee...now I'm about to go out for lunch. lol

Triscuits!!! I love taking a bit of pasta sauce and cheese, topping them and baking them in the over or toaster oven for a bit! They're like little pizza-Triscuit treats! Especially with the flavor you have!

Oh that sounds fab. Om nom nom nom...don't give me any ideas! lol