Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Haha, I like how you have a "small" cinnamon roll balanced with a "mega" sized coffee! Smiley Very Happy

editing this because i have no fight left in me right now. sorry. no offense intended. 

I'm not going to shun you, but I can't help but notice that it was my sandwich that made you speak out.  So, I'm going to say something.

Respectfully, I'd ask if you've read the whole thread.  Just a few posts down, there's a discussion about grilling techniques, vegetables, etc.  I agree that respecting your body is important.  Many of us do (for the most part), but IMO it's ok to indulge every now and then.

Also- I respect that you may disagree with my comfort food, but I stand behind it.  I usually consider sparkling water an indulgence.  If you're able to eat only 100% healthy food 24/7/365, good job and I admire the willpower.  For me, it's all about enjoying life. 95% healthy, 5% fun.

And enjoying food every now and then is respecting your body.

I made absolutely mouth-watering burgers today.

For lunch: veggie burger wrapped in lettuce, with a slice of tomato (being good)

For dinner: beef burger (Whole Foods had them on special yesterday, 1/4 lb burgers $1.00 each!), with American cheese, grilled bacon, and on a toasted potato bun. With it- some cherries.

Bacon cheeseburger is way over the indulgence line even for me- but it was just so good.  I'll be good and eat nothing but salad for a few days, maybe a bit of baked chicken. Still, so good to indulge!

Mmmm, potato bun!!!!!!

I'm just looking forward to finally finishing my sandwich from lunch.

It's been that day.

Awww, I hope that sandwich was EXTRA good, days like that are tough when just looking forward to finishing your lunch is a mighty win!

cliff bar white choc. Macadamia nut

colombia blend Caribou coffee with fat free skim milk

cold press with heavy cream

lee ann chin orange chicken with lo mein

mendota springs sparkling water

(I had a lot of sugar today &  Sodium Smiley Sad)

I looooove what chocolate macadamia nut anything! Smiley Tongue It's a huge weakness of mine!

Today, I drank 2.5 liters of water. It's hot.

Lunch: greek-style lamb over salad

Dinner: recipe from yesterday at Trader Joe's!

• Veggie Pizza burger, topped with tomato basil sauce and a bit of fresh mozzarella
  • slice of strawberry rhubarb pie

Lamb, deeeelish!

When I bought potato chips at the store yesterday (major stress food for me), I got back a coupon for "Wholesome Goodness Granola Bar".  LOL I think someone's trying to tell me something......

LOL! I think it's funny when grocery stores give coupons like that after receipt print outs, you can buy all the junk food in the world and then out pops a soy milk or protein bar coupon!

After reading a bit all I can think is 'YUM' and now I'm hungry!!! To be honest though, my diet in general is HORRIBLE... I dream of the day when I'll have the time to take better care of myself Smiley Happy This is probably why I need (and religiously follow) such a great skincare routine hehehe Smiley Happy  

Feel free to even share the not so healthy stuff, we're not here to judge and besides, sometimes the junk food stuff is what makes us drool and have our mouths watering the most! Haha!

We post recipes and whatnot here too, and don't be afraid to ask for one if someone posts up a yummy meal and you want more info! Smiley Very Happy

Today I had a late brunch, and I'm smelling the roasted chicken legs that will be a late dinner.

Mmm, I had chicken last night too!

swfupload_904881845859640645.jpgA little late but hey, it's  still July, right? Smiley Wink

Ooo are those almond slivers on there too?

OK, I have to share today's dinner because it was out of my wheelhouse (I am comfortable with cooking most critters that had legs), but also because it was delish.

• Grilled Koho Salmon with Chimichurri sauce
  • 2 Grilled Scallops, topped with Garlic and Herb Butter
  • small scoop of twice-baked macaroni and cheese
  • Sparkling water

I LOOOOVE salmon and scallops! Heck, I just love seafood, PERIOD! 

Did you make your own garlic herb butter?

1 Reply