cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

A little snack, courtesy of Trader Joe's

4.2024 TJ’s Kimbap 2.jpeg

Photo credit: traderjoes(dot)comPhoto credit: traderjoes(dot)com

Trader Joe's Kimbap ($3.99) have a cult following and is nearly impossible to find. If you can find them, there's a limit (at least here in SF) of 2 per person, to allow everyone an opportunity to buy. One of the best items I've had from Trader Joe's.

Cross-posted to The Trader Joe’s Thread 

@itsfi This looks very tasty. Next time I am able to go to a Trader Joes, I will try to get this.  Can you eat right out of the package? Does it require any heating?

@Mellmars1185, the one from Trader Joe's has to be heated in the microwave. When I pick up kimbap from the Korean market, I can just pop 'em in my mouth straight from the tray. There are usually usually dipping sauces for kimbap (or a package of soy sauce with the ones from the Korean markets), but they also taste delicious without.

Okay, now, it's stop by the Korean market and pick up Korean tofu stew on my way home today. My goodness, it seems that more than just by beauty shopping list gets longer thanks to the lovelies here on BIC! 😉 @blackkitty2014 

Well I try to distract you from the beauty sale @itsfi 😘

lol, you're doing a magnificent job @blackkitty2014! A++ 😘 

I have a small list with products I give myself permission to purchase when I'm on a no-buy if the item releases or comes back in stock during a no-buy period. I will be re-working that list this weekend; it's, errrr, gotten a tad longer than it's supposed to be. 😅 

btw, if you make hot pot or go out to Korean food, post pics, blackkitty2014! 

I need to get this @itsfi . Come to think of it, I haven’t had Korean food for so long. Need to find good some hotpot or Korean bbq locally 😘 but hotpot should be easy, I need to make some 

Yum, Korean bbq!! 😍 Ohhh, it's been raining all morning here @blackkitty2014, and it's supposed to rain for most of today, so hot pot or sundubu-jigae sound perfect! And, I could go for Korean BBQ any time! Hmmm, you're making me rethink today's schedule - may have to pick up some soft tofu stew on my way home after running errands today. 🤔

Disneyland Bengal BBQ IYKYK

IMG_3650.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 @I need to bookmark this. We might take our son to Disneyland sometime this year. 😘

@blackkitty2014 @We order it from the mobile app since the stand by line can be long. It lets us choose what time we want to eat at. 

@SportyGirly125 Looks delightful and colourful. I love pasta salads.

@Mellmars1185 @It’s so good. It’s my husbands favorite spot to eat at when we go there. The kiddos love it too. 

Tiny bit off topic..buuuut it is food 🍳 🥚 😅

Does any else balance eggs? My mom taught us kids this a long time ago and now and then we do it for fun.

Today I showed it to my niece and she was able to balance hers eventually too.

1000016264.jpg

1000016266.jpg

@CynthieLu Neat! I have not tried this before. I will definitely try. I actually had a hard boiled egg 🥚 today with my salad!

Eggs are pretty solid protein 🍳 @Mellmars1185 I like them in my salads too.  🙂

It's fun, balancing the first time is tricky but it's a fun game as long as you don't drop the egg. 

@CynthieLu Do you have any tips or tricks on how to balance an egg?

Lol is it silly that I do? 😂 @Mellmars1185 

But since you asked 😉 Pick a even level surface, no where that people are going to bump into you. And go slow and be patient. 

Once you do it once, it gets alot easier. 

@CynthieLu No, not silly at all! More like a fun game ☺️

Spinach salad with carrots, feta, avacodo  cucumber and bacon. I seasoned with salt and pepper and dressed with a bit of olive oil and balsamic. This was actually very filling. 🥗

20240406_130221.jpg

Sometimes we use goat cheese instead of feta @Mellmars1185 . We do this so every often as I always serve some kind of green with dinner in my household. My 8 yr old started eating adult salad version with us too 🥰

10,864 Replies
testing