Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Re: What's on your plate?

I made bacon and mushroom hamburger casserole with cheddar cheese last night! My bf cooked up some scallops which we drizzled with melted butter cooked with garlic and parsley....sooooooo yummy! Summed it up with some iced lemon apple pomegranate tea from Teavanna (added some honey) and a Skinny Cow vanilla ice cream sandwich!

Not sure about dinner tonight, might make some beer battered chicken and grill up some asparagus!

My bf made dinner last night and for the first time ever I had homemade meatloaf!!! It was so yummy! It was very flavorful, not dry, and rather than top it with ketchup he used seasoned, diced tomatoes which added more flavor! Yummm! I had two big pieces. We also picked up some instant brown rice with quinoa and garlic (first time trying quinoa, yum!) and some Asian veggies.

Split a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich with him too. Smiley Happy

Had a huge craving for alfredo last night, it's been ages since I've had actual pasta (outside of the egg noodles used in skillet casseroles or the shirataki noodles used in stir-fry, which are yam based).

My b/f and I have been on a work out kick so we've been avoiding pasta just for the sake of pasta but last night was so super sweet and went out to get alfredo sauce so I could add it to linguine with mushrooms and broccoli. Baked some salmon up too!

Ooooh What was your drink I love Mango>

new obsession - peach greek yogurt!!!!

I had a gluten free corn-dog and fruit for dinner, yum.

Right now I'm having Progresso's Chicken & Wild Rice soup plus some multigrain chips with hummus! Smiley Happy

@BeautyJunkie325: That pot roast is amazing in its ability to defy gravity and stick to the ceiling. I wish my roasts did that. lol Smiley Wink

Let's see...just got back from lunch hour. I had a Polish hot dog and a cup of Sierra Mist. And a co-worker just brought me madeleine brownies...oh my. Moral of the story: get health advice from a dietician, not a musician. Smiley Tongue

@midnightangel - I'm always trying new ideas to make my cooking more exciting.  I was channeling a little Lionel Richie that day....dancing on the ceiling.

@BeautyJunkie325: lol awesome. Smiley Very Happy