Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

You aren't the only one, I do this a lot, Kalex!

Since I work night shift, I frankly eat what I want, when I want. Otherwise it confuses my brain too much. As long as the majority of it is healthy, I'm ok with it!

What a great idea for a thread! I'm a huge foodie and tea-lover too. I rotate between Tazo Passion Tea, Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger, and Teavana Sevenberry Sangria. Yesterday, I made a batch of mini bran muffins because my family is trying to be healthier and was really surprised by how delicious they are. The recipe was really easy even though it was a little hard to find ingrediants like unprocessed wheat bran and raw cane sugar in my local grocery store. That's what I've been snacking on. Let me know if you want me to post the recipe! 

Ooo, I have the Wild Berry Zinger from Celestial Seasonings!

If you get the chance, flax and also chia seeds are great additions to healthy cooking!

Recently I like to snack on honey glazed ham lol

Thin slices or cut pieces/chunks? I'm a sucker for honey glazed anything!

I got the recipe to make Doritos Taco bake and I really hope it turns out well  I'm gonna make it for supper one night next week. Wish me luck!

You had me at "Doritos"! Smiley Tongue

That sounds super yummy!!!! Let us know how it goes and if it's share-worthy, I'd love for the recipe to be posted here!

I saw a photo online of someone that put pieces of Cool Ranch Doritos in a pepper grinder to create their own super crunched up seasoning for taco dishes!

@lylysa- I've got the recipe for the Doritos Taco Bake so I'll go ahead and post it for you:

Ingredients:

1 lb Ground Beef

Crispy Flat Tostada shells (approximately 12 of them, enough to layer.

1 Taco Seasoning Packet

Chopped Green Chiles (optional)

11 oz Bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos- Says to use 3/4 of the bag but everyone will use different amounts.

About 3 cups or so of shredded cheddar cheese

Lettuce, Tomato and Sour Cream to garnish

9x13 baking dish

Directions:

Cook beef  with the Chiles and Taco Seasoning.

Place a layer of the Crispy Shells in the bottom of  baking dish and top  it with a layer of beef and top that layer with some cheese,  Continue layering until you've reached your desired height and your out of layering ingredients.

Top the whole thing with a nice layer of Doritos, cover and bake at 350 for approximately 25 minutes, remove the cover and continue baking for another 10 minutes until the chips are crisp and slightly golden. Let it cool a bit , use lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream as garnish. Serve it up and dig inSmiley Happy

Oooo, thank you thank you!!! Smiley Very Happy

@starletta8- I love fresh strawberries this time of year they are so gooood.

Yes!  And these were so ripe that they had to be eaten today.  The best kind.

I haven't really contributed to this post but I've been on a recent health kick the last week while I figured out what was causing stomachahes! (lactose intolerance and gluten anyone?)

SO I thought I'd share my dinner I just ate! Smiley Happy

Turkey burgers

homemade guacamole on a corn tortilla

sauteed zucchini in garlic and butter

SMARTWATER

Once I started paying attention to my food intake.. I really realized how many chemicals and processed things are in our foods we buy Smiley Sad I just hate that it can be really pricey to eat TRUE fresh foods! San Francisco is full of them at our farmers markets around the city but the prices are not easy to deal with sometimes!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I've found that proper food storage will help preserve quite a bit and really stretch the food and money you spend on it. 

Also, steering clear of the middle aisles in grocery stores helps a lot, all the fresh food is always on the sides (veggies/fruits). 

Breakfast:

small cinnamon roll (oops, this is my bad food for the day)

mega-sized coffee with soy milk

Lunch:

4oz grilled skirt steak

small side salad

Dinner:

2 lemon pepper chicken drumsticks (baked)

Grilled asparagus with olive oil

fruit salad

Haha, I like how you have a "small" cinnamon roll balanced with a "mega" sized coffee! Smiley Very Happy

editing this because i have no fight left in me right now. sorry. no offense intended. 

I'm not going to shun you, but I can't help but notice that it was my sandwich that made you speak out.  So, I'm going to say something.

Respectfully, I'd ask if you've read the whole thread.  Just a few posts down, there's a discussion about grilling techniques, vegetables, etc.  I agree that respecting your body is important.  Many of us do (for the most part), but IMO it's ok to indulge every now and then.

Also- I respect that you may disagree with my comfort food, but I stand behind it.  I usually consider sparkling water an indulgence.  If you're able to eat only 100% healthy food 24/7/365, good job and I admire the willpower.  For me, it's all about enjoying life. 95% healthy, 5% fun.

And enjoying food every now and then is respecting your body.

Highlighted

I made absolutely mouth-watering burgers today.

For lunch: veggie burger wrapped in lettuce, with a slice of tomato (being good)

For dinner: beef burger (Whole Foods had them on special yesterday, 1/4 lb burgers $1.00 each!), with American cheese, grilled bacon, and on a toasted potato bun. With it- some cherries.

Bacon cheeseburger is way over the indulgence line even for me- but it was just so good.  I'll be good and eat nothing but salad for a few days, maybe a bit of baked chicken. Still, so good to indulge!

Mmmm, potato bun!!!!!!

I'm just looking forward to finally finishing my sandwich from lunch.

It's been that day.

Awww, I hope that sandwich was EXTRA good, days like that are tough when just looking forward to finishing your lunch is a mighty win!

cliff bar white choc. Macadamia nut

colombia blend Caribou coffee with fat free skim milk

cold press with heavy cream

lee ann chin orange chicken with lo mein

mendota springs sparkling water

(I had a lot of sugar today &  Sodium Smiley Sad)

I looooove what chocolate macadamia nut anything! Smiley Tongue It's a huge weakness of mine!

Today, I drank 2.5 liters of water. It's hot.

Lunch: greek-style lamb over salad

Dinner: recipe from yesterday at Trader Joe's!

• Veggie Pizza burger, topped with tomato basil sauce and a bit of fresh mozzarella
  • slice of strawberry rhubarb pie

Lamb, deeeelish!

1 Reply