Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Some of it was weird to me to be honest like the aliens in London episode, but I really enjoyed the zombie one but as we know from my TWD obsession I like that stuff 😉

I'm going to take TKLJ's advice and move on to S2 and see if it gets me more interested 🙂

The all time best episode is Blink (I believe it was season 3) - just wait!

Give Doctor Who a chance, njattana. The writing is just brilliant. As the actor who plays the Doctor changes, the entire flavor of the show changes as well. I think the producers were trying to find the show's footing with Eccleston as the Doctor, and they hit their stride with David Tennant. Look out for the weeping angels and don't blink 😉

Yes, S1 can take a bit to get started, but there are some real gems there. I'd say S2–4 are the glory days of Nu Who (caveat: I haven't watched the last few new seasons). If you're a viewer like me who sometimes knows something is "important" or a beloved show for whatever reason, but I can't really get into it, sometimes I'll read the wiki entry for the episode or season. Yeah, spoilers, but sometimes I need those spoilers to get me through a confusing plotline or bad episode.

I do this too! Especially with shows that may be based on books/comics (i.e Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead).

Did you watch Ten and Donna? I think she's my favourite companion

Tbuss, I love Donna! She's hilarious! Have you seen Catherine Tate's sketch show? If not, do it!

I didn't know she had a sketch show! That's awesome that's for the rec!

Ok we need a thread in the off topic lounge to discuss all the Whovian goodness and things like The Doctor and the Tardis and talk about the awesome Doctor Who stuff we saw in Hot Topic!!!

yes we do!!!!

it is there! Dolce made one 🙂

could you please post the linkie to this? much appreciated! 🙂

Dolce, thanks for making this thread. Whovians, click link below for debriefing:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Doctor-Who-Spoilers-sweetie/m-p/2276954/highlight/true#M11...

thank you for this link!!! Heart

Totally!  Saturday was awesome.

Spoiler
But.  Remember when Clara entered Eleven's time stream to save him and became the impossible girl?  Won't she show up soon to save Twelve?

Spoiler
who knows for sure if she will show up. i hope so, bu at the same time i don't want to feel disappointed if it doesn't happen.

recall that in an earlier episode she and danny pink supposedly had kids to spawn the danny pink-looking great great granndson or something like that. but then danny die. (still upset about this one.) i assume this was not a fixed point in time and therefore didn't have to happen - clara and danny having children together.

*sigh*

I think so!

Yes - i remember that 🙂 I get confused with timelines…but I think she should be saving 12 soon. I hate when they do the To be continued episodes - I want to know now!!

seriously, right?! i can't wait for the final 2 episodes along with the xmas special (i read an exciting spoiler about this one).

and good point about saving 12.

one thing i already want to start a dialogue about is...

Spoiler

why did they have to make clare exit via a death?? all the other companions (donna, martha, rose, amy) all lived out their "normal" lives.

Do we know for certain...

Spoiler
...that she is really gone for good?  It just felt abrupt, like there should be more to her story.

For those who are also TWD fans, it's like I'm waiting to find out she "slid under the dumpster" or something. 

Maybe I'm just in denial as she is the first Companion I really felt gave Rose a run for her money as my favorite (although the "Ponds" were adorable!)  😞
testing