Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Summer Resolutions

It's halfway through summer (technically), at least in the Northern Hemisphere.  NE U.S. is in a heat wave, so it's extra summery right now.  What are some things you want to do for the remainder of your summer?  I always try to do a few summery things like grab an ice cream cone at a park or at the beach, have a beach day, find the "song of the summer," see a few movies, binge something fun on TV/streaming, come up with a summer look or two.  Was curious about the rest of BIC, what are your summer rituals, songs, resolutions and/or bucket list items?

Summer To Dos:

Working out: trying to keep a consistent regime for the whole summer

Song: nothing has caught my ear, yet

Movie: ehhhh, 🤷🏽‍♀️

Sephoria: I need to know!!!!

Trip: probably not this year, but maybe some beach days 🤔

Summer Look: going to bronze up, for sure .  Just posted a new challenge

Cheek Challenge Summer 2024: Choose Your Own Adventure

And there's:
Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023 Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge 

Ice Cream: There's  a Carvel is still opened nearby, so I will definitely made good on this ✔️✔️✔️

Courtesy GIPHY & FlydeweissCourtesy GIPHY & Flydeweiss

Re: Summer Resolutions

No worries, @Mellmars1185! 💕

@danielledanielle Great thread idea!  I have some similar goals as you!  I am off work this week so I am hoping to check ✔️ some things off my list soon.

• Barbie Movie
  • Beach Day (s) ✔️
  • Baseball Game (s) ✔️
  • Make dishes with items from my garden ✔️
  • Sephoria
  • Read hopefully 2 more books by the end of summer
  • Participate in more challenges in the BIC
  • Shop my stash more
  • Live in the present

I will report back as I complete some of my goals to keep myself accountable.

The last two are good all year round, but Sephoria is also going to make your stash bigger 😂 @Mellmars1185 

@danielledanielle There is always room for more  😁😂

@danielledanielle The sound track isn’t half-bad! There’s definitely a few bangers on there. I really enjoy Lizzo’s vocals on Pink. It sounds like she took vocal lessons and put it a ton of vocal work because she sounds really soulful on it. And the mention of Midge right at the end gets me every time! 🤣 Ryan Gosling’s I’m Just Ken was on repeat for a while just to relive that scene. 😂

I’ve been wanting to participate at least once in the Cheek Challenge Summer 2023: Collabs with Makeup Challenge of the Week 

Hopefully in the coming weeks as I’m off for a bit and should have plenty of time between taking my kids out for some summer time fun.

I also want to sort through my wardrobe and makeup collections, get them into better storage and declutter.

I bought a cheap sewing machine to hem pants and fix a few other issues with clothes that I want to keep, so I need to refresh my memory on how to use one.

And I need to get a decent hike in before September.

Half bad?  It's no bad!  It's been on repeat for me since it came out 🤣😂

This is a nice, ambitious list, and looking forward to your cheeky looks @JoSometimes !

@danielledanielle I'm in the Southwest and it's been brutal. 30+ days of >110 and the lows are in the 90s. I'm slowly dying over here. My goal is to make it through August and hopefully into some cooler weather 😰💦

Ugghhhh, so sorry, stay cool @makeitup305 .  The heat waves are all over, but 100+ is terrifying.  Hydration is the upmost to-do 🥵

@danielledanielle 110 is pretty common over here in the summer which was expected. What has been bad is the many days of 113-117 in a row with no respite. I've lived here almost 6 years and this has been the worst by far. No rain just yet, either. It seems to be tapering off a little bit but we'll see. My bf and I have started adding Liquid IV to our water on the daily and it honestly really helps. They should sponsor me at this point, I'm telling everyone to buy it lol

@danielledanielle yay for Carvel!  That reminds me that I need some vanilla custard from Rita's!!!

Oh yes, definitely need to have a summer ice as well @greeneyedgirl107 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 94 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos2
  • Courtesy GIPHY & Flydeweiss
  • Screenshot_20230807-192419_Chrome.jpg
testing