Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Summer Resolutions

It's halfway through summer (technically), at least in the Northern Hemisphere.  NE U.S. is in a heat wave, so it's extra summery right now.  What are some things you want to do for the remainder of your summer?  I always try to do a few summery things like grab an ice cream cone at a park or at the beach, have a beach day, find the "song of the summer," see a few movies, binge something fun on TV/streaming, come up with a summer look or two.  Was curious about the rest of BIC, what are your summer rituals, songs, resolutions and/or bucket list items?

Summer To Dos:

Working out: trying to keep a consistent regime for the whole summer

Song: nothing has caught my ear, yet

Movie: ehhhh, ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ

Sephoria: I need to know!!!!

Trip: probably not this year, but maybe some beach days ๐Ÿค”

Summer Look: going to bronze up, for sure .  Just posted a new challenge

Cheek Challenge Summer 2024: Choose Your Own Adventure

And there's:
Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023 Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge 

Ice Cream: There's  a Carvel is still opened nearby, so I will definitely made good on this โœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธ

Courtesy GIPHY & FlydeweissCourtesy GIPHY & Flydeweiss

Re: Summer Resolutions

@danielledanielle 

My end of summer resolution is hiking to Hanging Lake and a beach  trip in September.

Oooh, just looked at a pic.  I'm not much of a outdoorsman, but that should be a beautiful hike @CorgiMommy 

@danielledanielle  it is a true Colorado treasure

I hope you get to check off a few more of your summer to do's @danielledanielle ๐ŸŒž 

Going for ice cream is classic summer, what flavor would you get? I went to a place that had fun flavors I had never heard of before like "Dough nut Grow up" and "Camp Fire Delight" ๐Ÿฆ ( but I still went for my fav Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ๐Ÿ™‚)

@CynthieLu , I've been enjoying their salted caramel cold brew ๐Ÿ˜‹

I like "Dough Nut Grow up" name, that's clever.

Ooh that sounds yummy! @danielledanielle ๐Ÿ™‚

Screenshot_20230807-192419_Chrome.jpgI'm loving your resolutions, @danielledanielle! Summer resolution for Sephoria virtual registration confirmed ๐Ÿฅณ 

@missaa8 , Sephoria Euphoria ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

@danielledanielle agreed! I hope the in-person attendees show online viewers their "swag bags" ๐Ÿ’– 

@missaa8 Woohoo! Let the countdown begin ๐Ÿ’–

I missed out on the other option for online. Have you seen any of the treats for the paid virtual ticket holders, @Mellmars1185?

@missaa8 Sorry, no I have not. I don't think they are available for Canadians.

No worries, @Mellmars1185! ๐Ÿ’•

@danielledanielle Great thread idea!  I have some similar goals as you!  I am off work this week so I am hoping to check โœ”๏ธ some things off my list soon.

• Barbie Movie
  • Beach Day (s) โœ”๏ธ
  • Baseball Game (s) โœ”๏ธ
  • Make dishes with items from my garden โœ”๏ธ
  • Sephoria
  • Read hopefully 2 more books by the end of summer
  • Participate in more challenges in the BIC
  • Shop my stash more
  • Live in the present

I will report back as I complete some of my goals to keep myself accountable.

The last two are good all year round, but Sephoria is also going to make your stash bigger ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Mellmars1185 

@danielledanielle There is always room for more  ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

@danielledanielle The sound track isnโ€™t half-bad! Thereโ€™s definitely a few bangers on there. I really enjoy Lizzoโ€™s vocals on Pink. It sounds like she took vocal lessons and put it a ton of vocal work because she sounds really soulful on it. And the mention of Midge right at the end gets me every time! ๐Ÿคฃ Ryan Goslingโ€™s Iโ€™m Just Ken was on repeat for a while just to relive that scene. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™ve been wanting to participate at least once in the Cheek Challenge Summer 2023: Collabs with Makeup Challenge of the Week 

Hopefully in the coming weeks as Iโ€™m off for a bit and should have plenty of time between taking my kids out for some summer time fun.

I also want to sort through my wardrobe and makeup collections, get them into better storage and declutter.

I bought a cheap sewing machine to hem pants and fix a few other issues with clothes that I want to keep, so I need to refresh my memory on how to use one.

And I need to get a decent hike in before September.

Half bad?  It's no bad!  It's been on repeat for me since it came out ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

This is a nice, ambitious list, and looking forward to your cheeky looks @JoSometimes !

@danielledanielle I'm in the Southwest and it's been brutal. 30+ days of >110 and the lows are in the 90s. I'm slowly dying over here. My goal is to make it through August and hopefully into some cooler weather ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ’ฆ

Ugghhhh, so sorry, stay cool @makeitup305 .  The heat waves are all over, but 100+ is terrifying.  Hydration is the upmost to-do ๐Ÿฅต

@danielledanielle 110 is pretty common over here in the summer which was expected. What has been bad is the many days of 113-117 in a row with no respite. I've lived here almost 6 years and this has been the worst by far. No rain just yet, either. It seems to be tapering off a little bit but we'll see. My bf and I have started adding Liquid IV to our water on the daily and it honestly really helps. They should sponsor me at this point, I'm telling everyone to buy it lol

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 180 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos2
  • Courtesy GIPHY & Flydeweiss
  • Screenshot_20230807-192419_Chrome.jpg
testing