Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Thanks @eshoe! Tomorrow means one more week to go. I'm thinking at least some weight will be limited, probably a lot of weight once it happens. One day at a time.

@eshoe  Aww that’s so fun!!! I love how you both are matching!!

Whatever it takes to pass the time, @ather! We made homemade dog treats today, so I would have something to put in my pup’s toy to give her something to do, too.

Cool idea for pup treats @eshoe ! Mine would love that. They keep looking at me like why are you still here, can’t we ever get a nap? Been rainy in SoCal and it’s extra tough to be stuck inside with few pup walks. 
I keep saying this too shall pass but boy it’s trying. Probably a good thing to just live in the moment like our pets do. 

@Sunnysmom I have a Velcro pup that tracks my every move and follows me from room to room. She is not good on leash and has no sense of recall but is content to nap all day so I guess I’m lucky in that regard. 

Hoping in another month we will see some positive changes. I received the Chantecaille powder today, the compact is pretty, the powder different than I expected but haven’t swatched it yet. Plan to try it tomorrow:)

I know what you mean @eshoe . Ours won’t sit down until we do it seems. Then they relax. Must be so weird for them also. 
will be good to hear your thoughts on powder! Compact def so pretty just wish I’d liked it enough. Hoping you do tho! 

@eshoe  Aww that’s so cute! I bet your pup is enjoying the extra time at home!!

I wish @ather! We are home most of the time, and she is SO cranky. Love on her terms. Unless there is food involved then she is all snuggly and resting her head on our arm/leg🙄

@eshoe That sounds like a wonderful time! Anything to make a few hours go by 🙂 I'm still working but with a reduced schedule and I'm finding that it's hard to keep track of what day of the week it is! 

Ha yeah it was fun and now I’ve been washing my hair twice a day to get it back to normal @MissPuff . Violet and teal somehow made my hair almost black and it’s not the best look for my skin tone. I just want it all to quietly go away, but that’s not how life is, right😉

Gotta check up on the parents tomorrow, haven’t talked in a few days. Hope they’ve all decided to lay low for awhile.

@eshoe what a fun thing to do with your daughter! I'm sure she's super happy !

She was for a day, @Kim888 and now it’s all about washing it out😂

How are you!!?! Hugs to you💗🥰

@eshoe I'm okay! The news is scary, so I'm just trying to keep busy inside ! 

That’s so good to hear @Kim888, it will be such a relief when all of this passes.

That's awesome, @eshoe!  Gold Star Mom Award for being creative AND spending some quality mother-daughter time :).  But hey, no purple hair pics?!

We took some in-the-prices pics @CookieGirl1, did hers first and then mine was a piece-meal only because I gave my word, so no pics for that process. I sat outside with my mirror and attempted to do the same ombré on my own hair, it was time consuming but gave me something to do for the day! 

I will have to get a photo of us, just for fun. 

How are you doing in the midst of all of this?

It SOUNDS like fun, @eshoe.  If I wasn't still working I'd probably be very tempted to try something similar, just for the Hey of it!  I'm doing OK; just feeling a little stifled, I guess, and it makes me realize that there are certain things and activities that I won't take for granted when this whole thing is over.

That’s a really fun way to spend this time @eshoe  My daughter some times gets an urge for adventurous hair colour but hair like mine is very dark so semi permanent dyes won’t  show on us and no one is gonna get them bleached first. 

Ha yes our hair is medium brown so we aren’t getting crazy here @fatimamummy! Although the pics online made it seem like it was going to be a lot more, I’m happy it turned out the way it did. No bleaching here, at least not while in my home 😉

Great mom @eshoe ❣

Great mom @eshoe

@ather, I'm an hour into my shift and so far the people I...

@ather, I'm an hour into my shift and so far the people I have taken calls from has been really understanding on the extra questions we are having to ask! So glad maybe they are starting to understand.
testing