Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

I'm so glad you are staying positive & had already stocked up on a lot @lmaster!  My new norm has been disinfecting the entire house every morning.  I have been able to work from home (feel extremely blessed) and have been able to limit my excursions. We live in an area with a lot of confirmed cases so went on shelter-in-place orders on 3/17.  It's only been 9 days, but it feels like weeks.  For the first time since this all started, we had a day where the number of cases stayed steady so that has me hopeful that staying home is helping.  Hugs and love to you and your family!

That's great you can work from home!! @mrsmouse Illinois is still climbing with numbers, but... Still the closest case is 45 minutes away 🙏

I'm so glad that there aren't any cases right near you @lmaster!  California is still climbing with numbers, and I suspect now that a testing station has been opened in my city we will see a bit of an increase since some may have been infected but are only now finding out.  That being said, seeing that for once, overnight, the numbers stayed steady has me hopeful.  Hugs to you and your family!

Hugs to you and your family!! @mrsmouse positive vibes and well health wishes 🧡

Thanks @lmaster❤️

@lmaster  I have to say my house hasn’t been so clean!!! We had plane tickets to go see my family this week but they shut the airports down in his town and my husband isn’t allowed to go more then 200 km away from home. But I’m staying positive! I’m glad your keeping positive with your state on lock down!! 

@ather oh I'm so sorry you guys have to miss seeing your family, but please stay positive! Know that there is a reason for everything and have faith sweet lady!!

@lmaster  For sure. We are lucky we got our money back. And we are going to have lots of family time here!

@lmaster  Our state has started their version of shelter-in-place as well (though it's essentially what's already been going on since last week, I guess they're just closing the down the remaining salons and random businesses still open?!). Glad you're well stocked, I think just the IDEA that you could be missing something is stressful to people, the hoarding around here is a little intense...

@MissPuff I understand why people are hoarding,,I just wish they would realize it's not a permanent way of life now... We will get through this soon! 🤗❣️

Good to hear you have all that you need @lmaster I used to only use sanitizer when I left the house. Of course now, I have a bottle sitting on my kitchen counter just in case. With everyone being home these days, having hand soap/bar soap would be a good equivalent if you're concerned about running low on sanitizer.

Stay safe💖

Thank you!! @Guessgal the kids are getting stir crazy, the weather has been too cold to even go out to play, but were all still doing good! Hope you stay well 😘

@lmaster  Ha, a friend and I were just saying “gosh, maybe we’ll have to travel waaaay outside ‘Chicagoland’ just to find more toilet paper!” 🤣 Now that IL’s finally on official stay-at-home lockdown, I suppose we’d need to justify our travel as essential. 😄 I’m glad your area’s well stocked and things are going well with your family! 

@WinglessOne girl if you need toilet paper,,,let me know!!

@lmaster  Now I can brag to my neighbors that I have my own tp supplier. 🤣 And hooray for happy chickens! I do wish I had an egg-layer or 2 right about now. Sounds like you’re well stocked, with a good way to restock items when needed! 

I think lots of us in my building will start the barter system soon. We have an online bulletin board and I’m surprised no one’s offered up items for trade yet. 😄

@WinglessOne I got you sweet lady!! Just let me know 😉

@WinglessOne you will laugh though, our neighbor/husband's friend lives about a mile away, we traded 6dz eggs for 32 rolls of toilet paper 😆 I have 20 happy chickens right now laying about a dozen+ eggs a day 🙌 

@lmaster  Omg I loved that you traded eggs for toilet paper!! That’s so awesome. 

@ather oh girl, we gotta do what we gotta do

@lmaster That's amazing! I picked up two flats of eggs (2.5 dozen each) from the restaurants in our area that were closing down and needed to get rid of stock, but FRESH eggs would have been even cooler! 

@MissPuff nothing better than fresh eggs!! And I love my babies 🐔🐥 so they are very well taken care of 😊

3,512 Replies
testing