Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: @ather, I'm an hour into my shift and so far the people I...

@Luvstravel  That’s so good to hear!!! 

Thanks @fatimamummy I wish everyone was as kind as you! E...

Thanks @fatimamummy I wish everyone was as kind as you! Even before thus happened, I started pulling the saying out "Help me help you"

@CookieGirl1, I love my job and appreciate the thanks, I'...

@CookieGirl1, I love my job and appreciate the thanks, I'm not exhausted yet, but figure after awhile we will all get worn down. I hope everyone keeps their spirits up during this, and I know that will be tough to accomplish ❣

@eshoe, Thanks. I love my job, even after 24 years. This...

@eshoe, Thanks. I love my job, even after 24 years. This is a serious time we are going through and most people calling completely understand why we are asking these questions and we tell them right away that the units have already been dispatched but we need to ask some additional questions for our personnel's safety. But you know we have those few that aren't so very nice, I'll leave it at that. Thank's for letting me rant. Going to bed after a 12 hour shift and will try to mentally prepare myself for my last two shifts 🙂

@eshoe I had to come home from work today and de stress a...

@eshoe I had to come home from work today and de stress and I wasn't even answering 911 calls today, just dispatching. I'll take calls tomorrow and am not looking forward to it. We have several questions we have to ask everyone, no matter what they need when they need someone to respond. The other day the firemen (who also are EMT'S in our city) walked into a house for a female having medical problems, do you think she could have told our personnel that her husband had the regular flu before every member came inside the house! So asking these questions doesn't delay our dispatches, since I talk and type to the caller while another person dispatches, but some callers get so upset and we just try to tell them it's for our personnel's safety. So here's a pic of our questions. Ok, I think I'm finished ranting, sorry if I went on.....

Re: @eshoe I had to come home from work today and de stress a...

@Luvstravel  Aww I’m sorry people are getting frustrated. Hopefully today when you are answering calls people will be very patient with you!

@Luvstravel Thanks for the work that you're doing.  I'm sure that you're exhausted by now :(.

@Luvstravel  Your job is so important and you are serving people at this hard time. I wish more people can understand it and be nice. 

@Luvstravel oh wow how frustrating. The challenge of getting others on board and answering questions just so you can help your team get a job done safely...

I’ve only toured a dispatch center and although there were no emergencies while I was there, the responsibility of taking those calls seemed overwhelming. Thank you for what you are doing ❤️

Re: Great mom @eshoe ❣

@Luvstravel I think you just do what you can to pass the time and make it seem like this was totally planned and that it's the best thing in the world for them. I haven't colored my hair in so long, but it's good for me as well. Hope you're doing ok. ❤️

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

That's a great story, @eshoe.  Your daughter will remember this forever! 💙

Thanks @curlychiquita, I don't feel as comfortable with this color as I did a few years ago, but my husband said I look 10 years younger, so I'll take it.  

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Checking in from the lower mainland of British Columbia. My work has shut down and I was just able to apply for EI today. I am home and trying my best to voluntarily self isolate. It is bittersweet as I was supposed to be leaving tonight for my road trip to visit my Grandma in the interior. She has lung cancer and I wanted to make some memories with her before she got any more sick. Now I cannot risk possibly carrying the virus to her. I just pray we flatten the curve, if it spreads to her she will more than likely die and I am coming to terms with the possibility of not seeing her again. I am scared.

Oh @ChescaCat, I am so very sorry that your grandma has cancer and that you cannot go see her!  That's absolutely heartbreaking!  Is there any possibility of being able to video chat with her?  Sending you lots of love and tons of hugs during this difficult time!  I really hope there is a way for you to connect with her from a distance and I pray that she does not get this!

@ChescaCat  Aww I’m so sorry you had to cancel spending time with your Grandma. Hopefully everyone can stay in and we can flatten the curve. I’m in Canada as well and I heard we are getting less cases so hopefully it stays this way! 

@ChescaCat Sending you a virtual hug! Is there anyway for you to video/face time? Hoping that we're all doing out part so that we can all come out of this and see our vulnerable loved ones again!

Thank you for all the kind words, it is nice knowing I am...

Thank you for all the kind words, it is nice knowing I am not the only one in this position. I can still talk to her on the phone, I was just so excited to see her.

I’m so sorry @ChescaCat . You are a great grand daughter as you are prioritizing her health over your desire to meet her. Hope she stays safe and you get to visit her when things get back to normal.

I'm sorry to hear that, @ChescaCat. ❤  Hopefully you will get to see her.  We were hoping to visit my father-in-law for Easter because his heart is deteriorating and he's too weak for open heart surgery.  I hope we can still go.

@ChescaCat hugs to you, especially for looking out for your Grandma like you are 🙂

I am so sorry @ChescaCat ❤️❤️❤️

testing