Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Exactly. More for less... or more for the same, I suppose it is. I'm probably in the minority given what it takes to intrigue me enough to make an order for a GWP/promo. Those giant grab bags don't intrigue me at all. Just seems like a lot of stuff I won't want/use and just adds to the visual clutter.

I love a GWP when it is not crap.  But, yep, something about Lancôme just bothers me.

Every week they are giving away that boring mascara-blush-eye make-up remover trio.  Why?

i agree with this but there are countries where tax isn't charged, take china for example and many countries in Asia, it's just cool you get a card that you can use worldwide 

Agreed. I wonder what it takes to qualify for that level. Do you have to be a Chinese citizen? Or if you were close to the spend threshold, could you make your final purchase there and get one? 

i'm pretty sure you have to be specifically enrolled in the Chinese Sephora reward program and then spend the $2000 usd equivalent to get the points then you would get the benefits. not sure about the chinese citizen parts because certainly there are foreigners that live in China. All in all the Chinese pay a premium for all the products due to the duties that are imposed when they enter the country. So I guess instead of sales tax you pay duty tax you just don't know when you're purchasing the item (since the item's price is higher when you convert the currency)

I think I opened an international retail can of worms that offers no real life application to my life. Lol. 

That's still a pretty interesting find though. Hope that maybe there could be future changes in the other BI programs around the world maybe?

Lisa Eldridge is in New York right now and I really wish I could see her! I absolutely love her YT videos and the techniques she uses to create amazing looks. But I live in Chicago and it's kind of a hike to get to Times Square.

Posted on Sephoras IG - her answering questions on BT 😄

image.jpg

I saw that she was going to be at the Times Square Sephora too - so jealous! I love her! She's so inspiring and makes everything look so easy. It's obviously not, and when I determinedly tromp off to create miracles, inspired by watching her youtubes, I'm quickly (and brutally) reminded why she's one of the best makeup artists in the world, and I am not.

wasn't there a thread created by a mod that she is doing a Q&A on BT? or am I just imagining things!

I love Lisa Eldridge - one of the very few people I consistently watch.  A shame I will miss it.

I read somewhere - I think the down box on YouTube on one of Lisa's videos - that she will be here on BT this Friday from 3-4pm EST for a Q&A! I hope that is right! Now, just have to think of my question!

I think you're right, but I honestly can't recall why.

I think she's the new makeup creative director for Lancome so maybe she's doing some brand representation

Found the thread - Lisa Eldridge will definitely be here on Friday! It does sound like there will be some focus on Lancôme:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Beauty-Q-amp-A-with-Lisa-Eldridge/m-p/2026790#M...

Looking forward to this!!

That is why this name sounds familiar.  I cannot put a face with it, because I've never seen her picture (before I saw your thread one).  I've seen this name tied to my love, Lancome.  Lancome is how I know who Michelle Phan is.  I never watched Michelle on Youtube, but I saw a lot of her videos on the Lancome site.   I wonder if Lisa has any there.  I may watch them before tomorrow to see if I want to ask her any questions.  I love Lancome, so I want to know what plans are in the works.

Lisa definitely has a bunch of videos shot in conjunction with Lancome. Here's a few that were released by Lancome (as opposed to the videos she releases on her own channel). 

Ugh - I don't know why BTs YouTube links don't work anymore... but here's a few:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK24yBilxwE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtm7kwHZ2po

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BrdaHoPSJI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K79Tag9kVLM

I am watching your first video and am already excited. I bought this palette a couple months ago and have yet to use it.  Hopefully, she gives me some inspiration.  So far, I like that she is not the over the top, hyper chica I find browsing and immediately exit the video.  30 seconds into the video, and she's classy.

I love that she's using the Lancome #17 (my favorite brush ever) to fill in her crease.  I use it to blend, but I may try it for crease work.

I admit, I don't inspire easy, but she is THE. BEST. So calming and keeps things simple and yes, super classy! Everything is really wearable and she has a ton of knowledge about the history of beauty and makeup (just released a book). The Lancome videos might be taken with a grain of salt, just because she's affiliated, but the stuff on her channel, I totally trust. 

I love Lancome, so I only like her more because she gets it!

16,183 Replies
testing