Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Remember how ecstatic I was that my very stressful month and lack of time for any skincare routine hasn't caused my skin to flare up? This morning I felt one of those under the skin bumps right on my chin, it's too underneath to put anything on so now I'm just waiting....

Oh boo:( 

I've been waiting for my skin to go back to 'normal' since July, but I started thinking to myself how long does something have to occur before that is considered the norm?

is there any product you started in july that you've continued using through now ? i know it seems like an obvious question, but.....

The only thing I started using in that timeframe that I have semi-regularly used is Luna.  I thought it might have been Luna, but I took breaks from using it for about a month in August, just to see if that was it, and nothing changed.  

The best I can figure is I switched up my BC about 6 months ago, and perhaps that is starting to affect my skin...

Mocha - you and me both.  I am so annoyed at the moment that my chin bump is coming back from the undead.  It is the honeybadger of face monsters.

GC, I hate to jinx myself but I think I may be heading out of it, finally.

I've been applying warm compresses several times a day, took nearly a week off wearing any makeup at all, and I don't think I've seen anything new, just reducing the size of the existing at this point.  

image.jpg

Was just looking at all the palettes on my wish list, and I found that these two looks so similar.

Has anyone compare these two palettes? The stila one is much cheaper... maybe I should pass on the viseart one. Any suggestion?

2.PNG1.PNG

I haven't been impressed with those Stila palettes when I search them in store. They just seem dry and thin to me - love the Viseart though. 

Agreed. While Stila Mind is very similar to the Visart palette, the quality falls short. It is worth saving/waiting for the Visart one. 

thanks!

Agree x 3.

I sent for the $4 Onomie  3 concealer samples plus 1 highlighter sample, from Onomie.com.  I first striped them on my cheek and was very surprised to see that compared to my light, not pale, skin the 3 lightest shades of concealer looked dark orange.  I thought that perhaps if I tried a very small amount under my eyes of the lightest shade, I might get a better result.  The color was better in small amounts, but unfortunately the concealer was very cakey and accentuated wrinkles that I didn't even know that I had!  On blemishes, the concealer looked orange, cakey, and accentuated wrinkles, in short, a dry cakey mess. A big disappointment!  So, in the spirit of fair play, I tried the Onomie highlighter on the bones surrounding my eyes.  The "illuminating eye treatment" (highlighter) had little sparkles in it, so that was a "no" for me.  My usual concealer is Lancome Effacerness waterproof undereye concealer in 210 Light Buff. 

I am trying to wait to buy the Guerlain holiday Rouge G until Nordstrom gets it but I just won a 10% off code from the shake up game.  To buy or not to buy?

I don't know, but I just want to be compkainy and say every time I shake up I keep getting the darn UD pencil.  Blah! 

A very nice BTer sent me a code for my meteorites - I took it as a sign 😉

Also, mr rebates.com was 7% for sephora and I think you get a signup bonus if you aren't already a member. 

Have I mentioned, I'm good at rationalizing and enabling? LOL

I would say go for it 🙂 Sephora shipping is much faster anyway and I'd love to see it on you :

😉

Thanks MK.  I probably will end up ordering it. 😉

I had a steroid shot on a sore bump on my chin a few days ago.  It nicely subsided. 

Or so I thought.  It is now coming back again.  WTF?!!

I am so mad. 

Ugh, oh no! I've been battling a whole crop on my chin, it's horrible.

16,183 Replies
testing