Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

That does help. I've been trying to focus on that, actually: that most people do this, and that it's routine, and I just have to breathe.

Hugs, GPL! Sending positive vibes your way! 🙂

Thank you, PDX.

Hugs, GPL. I have had this done many times on lots of different areas of the body  and would be happy to PM more about what to expect. Let me know.

Oh gosh, that would be incredible. PMing you now.

Oh no - good thoughts your way! Hugs to you!

Thank you, Zpsid91.

Oh honey it will be ok!  We're all here for you!

Thank you, michelle. It helps to have a supportive community like this.

OMG.  Hugs girl.  You'll be on my mind!

Thanks, Mocha.

Does anybody else feel like at times it's hard to differentiate between what looks "bad" on you and what you're just not used to??? For example, this happens to me with deep red lipsticks. I can't tell if the color is just bad with my skin, hair, eyes etc. or if I'm just not used to seeing myself in deep red lipstick. 😕

I felt that way about filling in my eyebrows. It also didn't help that my mom would tell me I looked weird for the first year I did it (I only used a light powder, and just lightly filled in spots, so nothing crazy). 

Now I love how my eyebrows look when they're filled.

Exactly! Eyebrows can change the way the entire face looks (in my opinion), so that definitely takes some getting used to. 

My constant struggle with eyeshadow. I've gone 26 years almost never wearing any, and as soon as I put some on, no matter how light, I feel like it's overkill!

I completely agree! I was in that boat for awhile too. but i bet when you look at other ladies wearing eyeshadow, you probably don't think anything of it, or you think it looks great! it's definitely just that you'er not used to seeing yourself in it. you'd be beautiful with or without eyeshadow! 

I was in the same boat, so I started watching more eyeshadow tutorials on youtube... since then, I got more interested in all the different types of brushes, and different types of shadows. now I'm pretty good at it and I'm totally used to seeing myself in it! 

Beth, my best-friend had this problem too but I gently forced her to start wearing some! I took her to Inglot and she made a 5-pan freedom palette of pink-toned light neutrals. She applies with a blending brush for a light wash of color. She also has the Naked 3, and really likes that one. I think it's all about finding colors that work for you, and your application method e.g. brushes that give you a light wash.

Neutrals are my jam. I do pretty well with lighter beiges, but as soon as I start touching anything slightly deeper I scare myself. My technique definitely needs work. My brush game is making progress, but still on the learning curve! I almost never think dark shadow looks bad on anyone else, so I'm sure it's just because I'm so unaccustomed to seeing myself wearing it. I need to play around more. 😉

You should post pictures in the Lipstick Playground thread and get input. If the color you're wearing isn't great for you, I guarantee you'll get some encouraging alternate suggestions!

This happens to me with a lot of nudes and orange-reds 😞

I feel this way a lot about nude lipsticks. I have yet to find a full coverage one I really love.

16,183 Replies
testing