Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I saw a clip of a GMA interview with Perez Hilton claiming she did that, so I Googled it and saw it with my own eyes. I did not think he was serious at first. I did not see the Colombian President post it. 

No one can ever take those 4 minutes from her. Now, I am feeling badly for her again. That clip was hard to watch, and I watched nothing else or know neither girl. Thus, I had no stake in who should win. 

I watch Family Feud almost every day, but I had no clue Steve Harvey had a talk show. My tv defaults to NBC. Family Feud is on when my son flips the tv on after homework. How did I miss the talk show?

So, I Googled the website and did an inquiry on how to watch the show.

Screen Shot 2015-12-22 at 10.50.55 PM.png

I had to do another Google search to see what the hell KVMY is. It is the Vegas channel (do not ask me what number that is). I cannot think of a single time in my channel flipping where I scrolled by that channel and stopped. Poor Steve. I had no idea you were out there.

I answered above after I went to Colombia's IG.  I guess that is how she is handling the worst 4 minutes of her life! Lol!!! 

Yea, he does. It is kinda like a Dr. Phil show. I think Steve sees himself as a relationship expert! Lol!!! I think he has a book on relationships.

I am not into the afternoon talk show, but watch the Feud almost daily. 

Do you watch Miss Universe or  because it was in your city?

That other story is even crazier. Someone died! 

I wanted to go to Vegas this week, but my hubs chose somewhere else. booooooooo.

I have never purposely watched a single pageant, excluding Toddlers and Tiaras and one my nephew was in when he was around 2. That said, I have been in the room as others were watching. I remember once I was visiting my MIL and she was watching.

I did not even know there was a pageant happening in my city, which shows how aware I am! I heard about the accident first. It freaked me out, because a BT friend was staying very close to where it happened. Thankfully, she was having dinner inside during the accident. She even got stuck in the hotel for a while after dinner, because the police scene closed off her exit/entrance.

While reading about the accident, I read it happened near the pageant. What pageant? I am assuming other cities git the pageant news first. Our city was only covering the accident. Later, I heard about what Steve did after I read about the accident. Then, I watched the clip 3-4 times. That is the only part of the show I've watched.

I hate when my husband chooses the vacations. He keeps us away from Disney.  

I am in need of a daytime moisturizer for winter with SPF 25 or higher. In the summer I use Caudalie or REN tinted moisturizer but those would be way too dark for me right now.

I use PTR Rose Stem Cell Oil daily which has just a tad of sun protection in it and works well enough for me most days when I spend very little time outside and in natural light. But with my increased use of peeling/exfoliating acids and occasional longer durations out-of-doors, I want some stronger sun protection. Any suggestions?

A little bit about me and my skin: My skin runs dry and oily in patches and I'm sensitive to dimethicone and argan and soybean oils. I prefer chemical sunscreen but try to stay away from high concentrations of oxybenzone. I don't do well with heavy thick creams and usually moisturize primarily with serums and light oils. Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet is my idea of the perfect cream moisturizer... Wish there was an SPF variant of it. 😉

Edit: I found Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster and will probably try that first. I'm still open to additional suggestions. Thanks!

I think you'd really like etude house precious minerals cushion compacts.  I suggest the lightest one light beige 02, it'll match your skin and give you a natural glow.  They have spf 50 which I love!   Best of all they cost around $20. 

so i've had a full weekend of xmas partying / mom's bday partying. let me just say....i look wrecked today, because i am. BUT, the boy held an xmas party last night, and i was super pleased with my (admittedly dramatic) holiday makeup look. i did dark blackish-grey eyes (NARS agile noir + belissima duo + dual intensity shadow in dione) and a true red lip (stila beso).

so i was wondering, any of you guys have a go-to holiday festive makeup look ? anything you're doing differently this year ? i usually go with a foil-like silver eye but ended up here instead.

i know this photo is really dark -- but it LIKE IT so i want to post it. plus....all other pics have people in them. you still get the idea of the look, i think ?

self.tiff

So pretty.

I avoid red lips...maintenance...and tend to like playing with black liner and silvers.  No reason why.  I just like the look for holidays.  Nude peach matte lips and like cheeks.  

I enjoyed looking at all your photos. You look beautiful.

Holiday makeup is the only time I do anything excessively sparkly / shimmery. I like a good champagne glittery lid and/or silver sparkles around the eyes. A festive red lip is nice, but also a daunting task when there will be food and drinks to be had. I might opt for 'Beso' as well this year to keep it in place, or I might go the toned-down neutral plum/blush route and play things safe.

You look very mysterious and full of secrets, especially with that facial expression.  

For my classic festive look I generally stick with a black wing nude lids and red lips with a touch of light pink blush.  Nothing too special cause I'm normally glitzed out in something sparkley.   we'll see how I'm feeling though cause I've been having a rough go with the 'morning sickness"(<it's all lies!  It lasts all day!) 

Everything about this is very film noir!

I saw a YT video  where they put highlighter on before applying a matte blush on top so I tried it and am amazed how pretty it looks!  I think it provides a softer highlighting effect.  I normally go for a strong highlight but for work I think this works much better.  I'm surprised that I never tried it before.

Once you try it let me know how it goes!

I've done this before with my super shimmery highlighters - I love the way it turns out. It is a very good look for work

So I went Christmas shopping at Sephora the other day (dangerous!!!) and was delighted to see that my store (well, one of two I frequent) carried the ENTIRE Too Cool for School line! I spent about 30 minutes just at that station swatching everything haha.

Ouhhhhh, you have to get the pumpkin sleeping mask!!! I wonder if the Robson street one carries the whole line....

Looking for some black suede over the knee boots. Any ideas where I should look?

I just dropped a ton of money at revolve clothing.   They have some beautiful Raye otk suede boots! image.jpg

Ted and Muffy (used to be Duo Boots)

Try the website for Thirteen Vintage (just add a dot com). I got a pair of burgundy ones there around Halloween. The owner is pretty persnickety about what he buys in, so even if they're on the inexpensive side, they should be pretty good quality.

Thanks I'll check it out! 

check out the Steve Madden Odina - they are very similar to the Stuart Weitzman's that I love so dearly 🙂

16,183 Replies
testing