Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I have no selfie skills either @blackkitty2014! My webcam camera seems to be my bff when it comes to photos. 😄

You know when you shouldn't do something but you do it anyway? Yeah. I do not like most dry shampoos but I absolutely love the Living Proof PHD so when I got the sample of the Living Proof Dry Volume I thought it would be safe. Well this morning as I was rushing out the door I sprayed this in my hair and it is just awful!! I knew I should have just stuck to the one I love but I thought, hey, it's the same brand. It will probably be fine. Nope. Hair looks worse than before I put it in lol. 

I watched a newer film yesterday called "The Love Witch" and I cannot stop thinking about the MAKEUP and styling! It is a throw-back type of film and full of 60s-esque imagery. Glamour was a huge part of the storyline ❤️

MV5BYTdkYmZlZDItZGExNC00MzBlLWI2ZDktNGY4MWNlMzVjODI4L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgzNTYzOA@@._V1_.jpg

the-love-witch.jpg

lwitch8.jpg

witch.jpgthelovewitch_bornunicorn-3.png

Wowwwwww!

Ok now I NEED to watch this movie!

I feel like that last pic could double as a Charlotte Tilbury ad.  This movie looks stunning!  I'll have to check it out.

I've been debating about microblading my brows for a while, and I think I'm ready to take the plunge. I'm so frustrated with my brows all the time and can't take i anymore. -__- But the idea of putting something (somewhat) permanent on my face seriously terrifies me. Anyway, I finally booked a consultation for Saturday morning.

upload_2199884097166079597.gif

@Asche I've been thinking about getting my mom to do microblading! She doesn't really have eyebrows so she always has to fill them in and she tried some other kind of natural dye or something before and it didn't work out. 😞 I hope the consultation goes well! 

(I have the opposite problem as my mom and am consistently seeing my eyebrow lady on a 3ish week basis. She's all caught up with my life by now. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

Thanks @MariekeBT! Brows often seem to be one extreme or the other, haha. 😄 I've seen such fantastic results from microblading for people with sparse brows. It's definitely a great option.

Looks like I hit an unexpected tiny jack pot of Farmacy masks. I was used to love when they came with the excessive serum. Then after repackaging, there was hardly any extra serum in the packet. 

Just opened my recently purchased box tonight and either they started adding extra serum again or I got an old box but I am happy in both cases 😁

IMG_6593.JPG

woohoo! That's awesome. My first sheet mask was from tatcha, my mom gave it to me. And since that was my first impression I thought ALL sheet masks had that much serum left over in the pouch like the tatcha ones. My perception was so wrong haha. 

@fatimamummy I'm so glad you said something - I thought maybe I was imagining things. I *knew* they used to have more serum in them than they do now! (Unless you have new ones and they're changing back to putting extra in!)

@JenniferOhJenny I bought this box during the 15% off so I hope it is new and they are putting back extra serum again. Let's hope for it atleast 😉

I told my boyfriend to help me with my makeup spending and guilt trip me about it. Then the Kylie BOGO happened. He doesn't know about it. 😄

uhhh can we just acknowledge cate blanchett in thor ? i saw the trailer yesterday and i fell over ! 

cate.jpg

She's gorgeous, although it seems the Marvel makeup artists are running out of looks ... 😄 😄 😄 

wintersoldier

WOW

@jemly I was so excited when I saw her in the trailers before Guardians of the Galaxy 2! She is perfection! 

I watched a documentary about minimalism on Netflix. Now I don't even want to use my ebates that I got in the form of a Sephora gift card. 

@txcatx Which documentary?

Hearing about the Konmari Method and Kimberly Clark's anti-hauls et al got me thinking and to reel in the spending a lot.

I still buy stuff don't get me wrong, but I try to use up what I bought first. 

Hey, maybe you can save that GC for the next sale! 

Minimalism: A Documentary About The Important Things. It was interesting, and they talked to many popular minimalism bloggers about tiny houses, capsule wardrobes, and much more, @Karmatic.

I'll probably end up using the gift card on, like, shampoo!

6,152 Replies
testing