Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

hey @lipstick4soul ! i'm planning on starting the May 
Favorites thread either later today or tomorrow !!

Viseart Cashmere... Le sigh... What a gorg combo of colors, yet what a disappointment, what a let down, what horror! Holy fallout! And blowout! No deepening your crease, or doing outer v with these... Doing any kind of, well, anything except one blur of a color on your lids. You breathe on them, and those colors are all gone... Blown to oblivion... You can try adding more color, uh huh, try to build that crease/outer v. But don't you dare touching it with a blending brush! It'll be all gone as soon as you look at them with intention of blending! Blendable is not what these are... What do you call something that gets obliterated by breathing on it?

Oh no... really?? That's SO sad. I love viseart palettes, and I'm sad they changed the formula!

@kbmatthews it's only the small ones that have a different foemula.

i got the newest FS one and it is still the same good formula 

That's good at least. But too bad about the small ones. They're cute!

Ooh that makes me sad 😞 I had my heart set on Minx. 

yeah. @lyravega i had my eyes on the cashmere one too...after everyone's reviews and @Mochapj 's insight into the formula change, i held back. i thought maybe i'd still get it because the colors are perfect and maybe that would override the formula problems, but your input has sealed the deal for me that i won't be. thanks for sharing your experience with it, even though it's a womp womp.

Sad, so sad. The whole situation is sad. The colors are perfect. But, the quality is non existent. I've tried better drugstore eye shadows, I kid you not. Those shimmery ones have such terrible fallout, and two of them are just so terribly chunky and  glittery, ugh. I couldn't get rid of that glitter ( that ended up all over my face ) for life! I looked like a disco ball for the rest of the day. Awesome. 

They're also very sheer. They disappear into nothingness after a while. They're just such a disaster all around... I'd never expect something like this from Viseart... I don't get it. I'm so bummed.

I never saw Mocha's insight on these, or anyone else's for that matter... But, even if I did, I'd probably get them anyway, thinking the same way you did @jemly . But, yeah... You better stay away. It'll break your heart.

Wow, huh. I guess I will knock Cashmere off my list then 😞

I will just say, I already have Minx, and I really like it. It is easy to over-blend them, which is a minus, but there's no sheerness or fading. The metallic shades are all quite pigmented and definitely stayed all day for me. Also no noticeable glitter, and therefore no glittery fallout (though the shades were a bit powdery in the pan).

I'm sad so many people are disappointed with theirs! Mine have been perfectly lovely - they crease a bit, which is different for me compared to the large pans. But mine are nicely pigmented and I don't have fall out - but clearly that sort of quality is unacceptable, particularly from a well-esteemed brand!

Dust! 😄

in all seriousness though, I agree with you.  I did not find the quality of these minis in any way similar to the FS palettes.

i did ping Viseart when they came out, and they are a completely different formula than the large palettes 😞

I know there are many Birkenstock fans here. Has anyone tried their new rubber shoes? How is the ankle and heel support? I am thinking to get them for wearing at home. The regular ones are  worn off so fast When I wear them on wet feet after shower or Wadu ☹️ 

image.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

I had a pair of greens ones in the early 2000s, I found them fairly durable. I may have ended up ditching them since they were green rather than them wearing out too. I have a heavy heel strike too, and loved them.

@Anonymous by greens ones you mean the green coloured Birkenstock or the sandals from Walgreens that lysbainch mentioned below.

Anonymous Insider

@fatimamummy They were Birkis. 🙂 The ones I had are no where in Google image though being 15 years ago.

@Anonymous Ok 🙂 I am thinking to go to the Bay or Softmoc tomorrow to get them.

I actually tried a pair of those on today. I personally find the original Birks much more comfortable. If you were just wearing them around the house they'd probably be fine, especially if you give them a chance to break in a bit. If you're looking for something rubber for around the house, I know they are super ugly, but Crocs are more comfortable in my opinion. 

Thank you @alexasteph My main concern is to have proper arch and heel support to maintain balance and keep my feet from hurting (medical issues here) Sounds like I better go to a store and try them and crocs on instead of ordering online.

If you're in the US then go to Walgreens or Walmart and try the Okabashi line. They sell this brand in medical supply magazines too for foot issues. They have a nice arch and footbed. I wear mine outside all of the time.

Well, now I look and you are in Canada. I still like that line though. Sorry!

Anyone else having this problem with Sephora website. It is working fine on my Android phone and iPad app but if try to open the mobile site on iPad, it doesn't load and after the headers, page remains blank. I still prefer to use their mobile site instead of App mostly out of habit so it's annoying. Though if I click on a product link posted on BT it opens the product page but when it try to navigate it goes blank 😏

When I try to use either the app OR the desktop version on my android phone I cannot remove items from my basket. I can add as many as I want - but if I try to remove anything it crashes.

Nice try Sephora 😛 Nice try.

6,152 Replies
testing