Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

That really sucks...especially through text! Doesn't exactly scream professionalism. I hope you find something else quickly. Smiley Happy

Thanks! I hope to find something soon too @Asche 

When I got the text, I just thought "is this how a break-up over text message feels like"? I had a good laugh over it.

Unfortunately, that sounds about right for retail. :\ When I worked a seasonal job, I don't remember how much notice they gave, but it was pretty sudden. At least it was an in-person talk, though! A text is pretty messed up.

I guess on the bright side, now I know what to expect from seasonal temp job @LolliLove

I hope you can find new job soon. 

Thanks @kavavisa

Aww I'm sorry to hear that, @lisainprogress. What am awful way for them to tell you. Your hard work and effort deserves much more than that! Yes to the spoiler, I agree!

Awww - I am so sorry to hear this @lisainprogress. Smiley Sad

What a bummer about the way they communicated, too! I hope this means that something even more amazing is coming your way, girl!

(I'm hearting this out of support, not because it is good news).

Thank you for your kind words and support @Tamara76

There was always a lack of communicate at work, many of us kind of hated that.

Aw @lisainprogress, so sorry to hear that!  Even if it was expected, it still sucks; they could've at least thanked you for your service.  You were too good for them anyway!  I'm sure you're bound to land something 10x better soon Heart

I wish they had been courteous about it, which is the only reason why I'm irritated. Also the fact that I had to text first to figure out if I was working or not. Had I not done that, who knows when I would had been told.

Thank you for your kind words @ZombieMetroAnt Now that I'm free (for now) I can stalk the board again and get to writing that sitcom based on my work Smiley Wink

I would totally watch that @lisainprogress

161H1463H9.gif

(I hearted this for the spoiler, not for the way you were let go!)

I asked for the discount a good handful of times, but always too lazy/tired to adventure to NM after work (it's probably a good hour away). I wished they would just give me a one-time use or temporary code to use online, it would save me the trouble.

Also, I realized while putting together beauty orders that I need a good SA because some of them would give samples out like nothing! Especially the La Mer or Jo Malone stuff. 

And can anyone confirm this, but apparently NM price matches?? There was a Tom Ford lip and boy lipstick purchase for only $21

I dragged my fiancé to Sephora yesterday because I wanted to get a better look at the new iridescent train case in "Frosted Light." (Just a quick pic for those who don't have a Sephora near them. You can even glimpse one of the makeup bags on the bottom right):

IMG_2098.JPG

Without missing a beat, my fiancé said: I'll get you a tackle box. It's kind of the same thing. It'll have fish on it.

Definitely not the same O.O

Ahahah I love that your fiance read your mind

😂 but fishes aren't shiney!!!   

Seriously though, no tackle box could ever compare.  

LOL! Tell him that I keep my single eyeshadow and blushes in a tool chest with little drawers meant for storing nails and other small items. Smiley Very Happy

LOL @TKLJ I honestly think that's a great idea! I'm sure the tacklebox isn't a terrible idea, functionally speaking. But honestly. Fish vs. holo/iridescent?!

Compromise on iridescent fish. Smiley Wink @Libellules

fish

So wise, @TKLJ! Smiley Very Happy

That's actually a really pretty fish lol

6,023 Replies