Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Hahaha, oh men!!

Seriously Smiley Very Happy

That is adorable!!! 💗💗💗

@Libellules   Hahaha he's a funny one! Smiley Very Happy  So pretty. It's not even in Canada yet. Smiley Sad How did you like it? Worth it?

@veronika23 It's really nice! I tend to prefer iridescent to holographic, but I still like this. The interior looked really nice and like it was very good quality. 

I think it was samtian that mentioned in the fragrance challenge thread that she has all of her samples organized in a train case. I think that that's an excellent idea - and I certainly have enough to fill a good portion! For now, though. I don't know if in the long term I will have enough to justify the $$$ on this one. And I say that because I tend to prefer to see what I own. Otherwise I don't tend to reach for it (but it's simply impossible for me to be able to see everything I own. There's just too much lol)

Do you have a use for it?

@LibellulesI think I prefer iridescent to holo as well.  Really depends lol. Thanks for your thoughts!  Do I have a use for it??? Yes and no lol. I mean I'm always out of room and re-organizing and it be nice to have another to store items I want to keep but don't reach for.  I have an old school MAC one and a regular black one that needs to be fixed.  Just real obsessed with the holo, iridescent, opal, oil slick, etc right now Smiley Very Happy

Ooooh an oil slick train case! I'd hate if I bought this one and then they came out with an oil slick one @veronika23 Smiley Very Happy

@Libellules  hahaha yeah I think I would hate that too Smiley Very Happy

so i'm super stoked sephora is now carrying RMS beauty ! has anyone tried the master mixer ? it confuses me but it's still tempting me because i'm so pale i think i could even use it as a light blush / eyeshadow (just by itself). but not sure if it could work this way. would love some insight ! 

Have you seen this tutorial? That model is pretty pale. She used it as a luminous blush and eyeshadow.

As a side note, I would kill for that model's lips. Or the whole face. The whole face would be nice...

oh @ShannonAlexis YES I HAVE. but i totally forgot about it !!! very helpful, thank you !

@jemly I have the master mixer.

it is same texture as the LL, if you are familiar with that.  It is potted, but a thinner texture than say a lip balm or cream blush.

On me, it is a bronzey gold shade that I can use for highlight, but on you it would be a rosegoldish blush I think.

Sorry for jumping in the middle . @Mochapj How you like Living Luminizer, does it work well for our complexion? It looks so light in the picture but then the description says it is translucent.

@fatimamummy I can use the LL for about half the year, when I'm pale.  

Once I start to show any sort of color, it looks kind of whitish and strange on me, but for winter it is nice.  I find it gives a similar effect to the balm from the pat McGrath highlighter stick.

Thanks @Mochapj , In that case may be for summer, I should consider getting master mixer instead.

@fatimamummy I can swatch both for you later if you'd like Smiley Wink

I would love it 😍

@Mochapj  Thankyou for swatches. Do you think LL resembles with Illamasqua gleam in Aurora.

image.jpeg

@fatimamummy from your picture of Aurora, it looks like it is a bit pink-tinged; is that correct?

The LL is a straight up white.  In your swatch Aurora looks sort of like white gold?

Comparing your swatch to mine, they look similar, but I think Aurora may have a bit more color to it.  On my skin (unless I am tanned) LL just looks like a clear sheen.

Yes @Mochapj Aurora definitely has a slight gold shift when applied. I figure it is more like cream version of KVD Thunderstruck though both look entirely different in pans. Thin swatch on the right is Thunderstruck and bigger swatch on left is Aurora.

image.jpeg

7 Replies