Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

http://youtu.be/-qvN_Gi1kNE

My fiancé found this mini docu from a famous body modification woman - she goes to Korea to explore K-Beauty (not Sephora's version 😂). I really liked this! I can relate to how everyone stares at her for her tattoos.

(can you not embed videos from mobile? Am I missing something?)

Anonymous Insider

That "stare" (not just tattoo, it's just among many other things that bring stares...) is what I dislike most about Korea... 😛

Vice news does a hilarious (and sad) series of videos about Fashion Week in various parts of the world (Brazil, Korea,Tel Aviv, I'm forgetting the rest).  It shows the ideal standards of beauty locally, and for the pageant (not always the same).  On youtube and on their site.  Not exactly the same, but worth watching!

Thanks for the suggestion - I have really enjoyed watching some of the new Vice channel, so I will definitely check that out!

What's wrong with the website? I doesn't let me open due to high traffic volume. What are people buying it this hour 😉

Preface: My husband is the farthest thing from fashion-conscious. He has many wonderful qualities, but bless his heart, appearance-related things are not among them.

So this afternoon as I was telling him about how I snagged one of the last UD Revolution lipsticks, when he remarked "You have a lot of Urban Decay stuff, don't you?" I was so proud. Baffled. And SO PROUD, haha.

Has anyone else noticed that you can now heart AND un-heart posts, or is my phone just being glitchy with BT?

It is so confusing 😡 I love to give hearts and now it is like I am giving and then taking back and then giving again and so on 🙄

Me too! I keep forgetting I already hearted something and I end up unhearting it 

I hope they change this back!

I dont' like it because I feel like I haven't liked a post and I go to heart it and it's unhearted and i'm like what why so i heart again then moments later i forget and heart again and it unhearts. AND OMG.

I'm good with the ability to unheart, but for the love of lipstick, PLEASE, Sephora, give us back the check marks!

I thought the lack of check marks was just some random issue on my end.  I couldn't understand why the heart count kept going up and down as I was attempting to like something.  Wow am I dense!  It never occurred to me that this was a (purposeful) new feature.  

Also, I hate this new feature.  It's confusing.  We were already able to revoke our hearts anyway.

i agree. this is weird. why take away a helpful function ?!

Same!  I hate this new feature and hope it is not a permanent upgrade!  There is no way I can remember which posts I have hearted and I don't want to inadvertently take away hearts.  😞

Funny youbsay this as i clicked and it unhearted. Gdi. I hate this.

Thank goodness this isn't just my imagination. It's driving me nuts! Hope they change it back.

yes its def new! there is a plus heart sign after you heart it..guess maybe thats why BT has been bit slow lately..i guess they are working on improvements! 

The plus heart sign after hearting something doesn't show up for me using BT on my phone. It actually looks like nothing happened at all, and this is how I discovered that I can now take my hearts back. 😄

oh weird I am on my phone too (android/explorer) .. but I did find it to be bit slow hearting..maybe still in testing phase..

edit: ok I went to heart some comments and Im finding that after I heart a comment I cant tell if have or have not unless I click on it again and it take 1 away.. does it make sense? 

I just noticed this too and notcreative just mentioned she noticed this also over on her deals thread

Yup, that's what I'm experiencing as well. I miss the gray heart with a check mark. I'm going to waste so much time un-hearting and re-hearting when I can't remember...

testing