Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Welcome to Year 7 of our Pan It! Challenge ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif

ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃 *this is the number one recommendation for everyone, regardless of how long you’ve been panning! Those photos add up and can help you realize progress you might otherwise overlook.
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Pan It! - 2023 Challenge

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Re: Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Right @CookieGirl1?! I may have overshot my goals this year for panning these eyeshadows - I'm sure only one of those shimmery shades has a chance at being finished by year end, but it's been good to work through them and this palette. What a journey! 

@itsfi  great progress! Slow and steady wins the race, as they say!

Yes indeed @caitbird, that’s what I’m hoping for. Most of the profits I picked for my project pan this year have been working out really well. There’s a couple that are proving a little more challenging to work through. I’ll decide in a couple of months whether I will swap them out or keep going, but in the meantime, just putting my head down and chipping away at things. 

You are doing great! @itsfi 

@lmaster, thank you. Just little by little. 

Great progress @itsfi!

@faeriegirl, thank you. Just chipping away. 

@itsfi Awesome progress! I like your technique of applying the depotted shadows with the Mac Fix. That is such a smart idea.

Thank you @Mellmars1185! I'm lucked out when it came to coming up with and it's been super helpful - both in terms of using up more product but also making it more efficient - the shadows are all set once applied. 👍

A little bit of an update-

Pan it-   9/327    Goal   80
Use it- 98/516    Goal 386

@Samtian  wow, great job!

You're really putting your stash to use @Samtian! Good for you ❣️ That's impressive. And, is that 9 panned items?! Woah! 

IMG_0489.jpeg

Purchased Tower 28 Beauty Sculptino™ Soft Matte Cream Contour + Bronzer Hammer on Aug 13, 2023 according to my order history. This is its current state today. I love how it does doubly duty to contour and add warmth back into my face. This will definitely get repurchased once this one is all done. 

Awesome job @JoSometimes ! One of us is trying to finish the product while the other is adding to her loves list 😂

@JoSometimes  great job making so much progress!

Thank you so much @caitbird! I’m getting there! 😄

Great job @JoSometimes !

Thank you @faeriegirl! Each day the dot in the middle gets bigger and bigger.

@JoSometimes, that is some wonderful progress! Great to find a multi-tasking product.

I can see more of the pan now @itsfi. It’s just a matter of time before it’s all done. 

Ohhh fabulous job @JoSometimes 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos196
  • ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif
  • ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg
  • End of Bones.jpg
  • Start of Robbery 23.jpg
  • CT Dec 23.jpg
  • Liners, mascara, misc
  • Blushes and Bronzers