Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Welcome to Year 7 of our Pan It! Challenge ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif

ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃 *this is the number one recommendation for everyone, regardless of how long you’ve been panning! Those photos add up and can help you realize progress you might otherwise overlook.
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Pan It! - 2023 Challenge

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Re: Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Thank you @itsfi!

@faeriegirl a very lux pan project for this year - love it!!

 2024–the year of smelling excellent!

First batch I want to finish completely are my deluxe-sample rollerballs, splash vials,and my mini Not A Perfume (Juliette Has A Gun) spray. These are all fairly old—with the exception of Not A Perfume, which I received as a GWP in 2023. I’m ready for more space on my vanity. Fingers crossed this doesn’t take longer than 6 months to accomplish.

Secondly, I have full-size bottles of Magnolia Bliss by Juliette Has A Gun (received in 2022) and Donna Born In Roma Intense by Valentino (received in 2023). If I finish Magnolia Bliss in the second half of this year, I’ll be THRILLED.

Happy panning everyone! I will be rooting for everyone’s projects this year, and I’ll do quarterly check-ins for my fragrances.

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg

Love that you're tackling fragrances @KeriCherryDee !! I'll be curious to see if/how your scent preferences change throughout the year

@lmaster thank you!! 🥰

Good luck!! @KeriCherryDee 

@Samtian  thanks so much! I find perfumes easy/consistent for panning purposes because as long as I pick something every day, I can make big progress in a year 😁

@KeriCherryDee I love that theme!! I'm excited for your progress!!

@itsfi  @CynthieLu  @faeriegirl @haleyvvvv @blackkitty2014 @missjeannie 

Thank you all for your kind words and support! Can’t wait to see progress on your projects! 💖

Ahhh, these fragrance lineups look fantastic @KeriCherryDee‌‌ ❣️ Here's to your year of smelling excellent! I love that theme!

Good luck with all your Pan It! goals @KeriCherryDee!.

You will be smelling lovely as you work your way through your stash. 🍀 You got this!

Good luck @KeriCherryDee

Great set for panning, @KeriCherryDee!! You got this!!

You will accomplish your goal while smelling divine @KeriCherryDee 👌👏

@KeriCherryDee ohhhhh I love that you're focusing on one category!   Excited to see your progress!

My 2024 panning project goals:

Using up all products and once I use up a product completely, I will bring something new in and photograph it

IMG_20240102_103902968.jpg

IMG_20240102_103935227.jpg

Spoiler
I want to use up all three of these body butters/lotions

IMG_20240102_104057701.jpg

IMG_20240102_104106156.jpg

Spoiler
I want to use up these two fragrances

IMG_20240102_104300035.jpg

Spoiler
Same here, I want to use them up!

IMG_20240102_104832556.jpg

Spoiler
I want to use up the coffee and whisky spray and try to pan at least one shade in the lawless palette

IMG_20240102_104835267.jpg

Spoiler
Both the foundations are still wearing good, so I'm going to keep them going in hopes of using them up, same with the huda lip gloss

IMG_20240102_104837829.jpg

Spoiler
I've already hit pan in the makeup by Mario but I want to use it up along with the glossier

What massive Bum Bum Cream @lmaster 😮! Great selection of project items!

Thank you so so much @ElleElleG 

@lmaster Ooh great choices! Can't wait to see the progress. 

Thank you so much @Samtian 😊

@lmaster, lots of fun products to work on. The coffee & whiskey sounds like it'll be very nice.

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos201
  • ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif
  • ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg
  • End of Bones.jpg
  • Start of Robbery 23.jpg
  • CT Dec 23.jpg
  • Liners, mascara, misc
  • Blushes and Bronzers
  • Highlighters
  • Highlighters 2