Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it!  Confess your beauty sins!!!

Organization tips and pics welcomed!

giphy.gif

Anonymous Insider

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

I thought I was the only one with pieces of paper with products I would like to buy and try. Once, I put them all in a notebook which I never carry. Now, slowly slowly I'm transferring to my notes in my phone.

@Tarabotti I use an app on my phone for all my lists.  It's called Wunderlist and I create a list for different stores and since I always have my phone with me, I'll always have my lists, even my grocery list.

@AMK721 I'm on the same boat! Wishing I could be home playing with my new Morphe palettes but instead I'm on my way to work 🙃 *virtual hug*

LOL ! thank god I'm not the only one who loves organizing my samples👍🏻 It's my favorite " me time". 

@katkapivarci what is your favorite way to organize them?  Do you have a particular box or drawer?  I desperately need a good system.

@AMK721 This is how I have my samples organized for now- I'm using the sephora play bags to separate eye creams/serums/cleansers and the sephora favorite box contains all the moisturizers. In the box I have foils - also organized by moisturizers/ eye creams etc. And all of this I have in one of my nightstand drawers. 

IMG_0083.JPG

@katkapivarci I'm one of you!  I have at least 2 Sterilite containers (one of them is even a double-decker) that are absolutely crammed with samples.  And I love going through them, organizing them, admiring them...and putting them back.  And not using them.  Because once I use them, THEY'RE GONE!!!!!

That's awesome @katkapivarci so well organized.

My vanity is ridiculous, haha. It's got four drawers on each side, all full. Organized, but full. Plus I have two Muji 5-drawer organizers on top, all overflowing. Plus stuff sitting on top of those. Plus 3 Muji cups full of brushes. Plus a three section organizer, all full. Plus two 25 lipstick organizers which are, you guessed it, full. And my vanity is always a mess. When I get the chance I'll have to find the picture my boyfriend took of me organizing my lipsticks.

I have a confession... I'm becoming a little bit of a lip junkie.  I just looked inside my makeup bag and I have not 1, not 2, not 3 but 5 lip products.  I think I have lost my mind. 

1. lip balm
  2. lip stick
  3. lip gloss
  4. (2) lip liners (I forgot I already had one in my purse)

This thread is really helping me cope with the fact that my bathroom cabinets are full with Sephora Favorites boxes.  My countertops are covered by palettes.  At least here I've found I'm not the only one with this "problem". 😱

Confession: As of last week, my Alex 9 Drawers overflowed.

Both of them. And the side 5-drawer (which is products I need to play with when I pull my makeup for the week- new ones, a selection of nail polish, skincare stash/backup (mostly DS), backup makeup products, and one drawer for just masks. Sheet masks live somewhere else.)

I think I'm going to get another 5-Drawer this weekend.

Ha, time to expand and stack those drawers to the ceiling!  

Don't worry @starletta8  you aren't alone. I'm running out of room as well 😄

I'm thinking of moving my everyday makeup to the theoretical new 5-Drawer... that will give me 2 more drawers back- and I can use a second drawer for Project Pan items... and keep my new products in there, too.... that's a third small drawer back. Hm. Looks like I just talked myself into an Ikea run on a holiday weekend.

(With a bad back. And not able to eat much right now. This could be a mistake.)

@starletta8  sounds like a good plan! 🙂

I hope you feel better soon!  You can always go next weekend and hope you feel better by then 😉

@veronika23 I've had several products I hold dear get discontinued or changed recently, so I have been buying multiples of everything I think I can't live without.  I stay organized by stacking them like a display at a store in my powder room closet.  I have shampoo, eyeliner and flat iron spray so far.  I would totally hoard mascara or lipsticks, but I've found that they dry out.  

@greeneyedgirl107ohhh that sounds pretty actually!  I can just imagine it now.  I love organization and displays... yeah I'm a weirdo 😄

What are some of the products that got discontinued?

@veronika23 Eyeliner: Sephora Contour Matte Gel in Espresso Your Love (discontinued)

Dry shampoo: Alterna Caviar (product and delivery system changed; the company says the product is the same but the ingredients say otherwise)

Mascara: NYX Doll Eye Volume (brush changed; formula seems different)

Blush: Bare Minerals in Tease (discontinued; IDK how recently, but found this out when I went to re-purchase)

Lip liner: Sephora Queen Quartz (discontinued; IDK when, but found this out when I went to re-purchase)

And I'm running out of my last tube of Sephora Lip Attitude - Star in Mauve Scandal.  

Thanks for the support!

@greeneyedgirl107  awww man! That's a lot of stuff! Sorry 😞  Whatever you do make sure you keep a bit of these products so you can find a dupe later. I regretted so much that I back 2 MAC stuff.  I wish I had kept all my stuff throughout the years... so if you really love them make sure you keep enough product to test for possible future dupes. Trust me on this 😉

So I have a confession... I've been on a mask kick lately and even though I do NOT need anymore I just bought one last week and looking to possibly purchase another... OMG I really don't need anymore at the moment. Help! 😄 😄 😄

3 Replies
testing