Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it!  Confess your beauty sins!!!

Organization tips and pics welcomed!

giphy.gif

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Ha, these boxes are fantastic! I have a gajillion, except I made sure to get them all different but in the same color categories so I can easily tell them apart. They're so, so helpful! @wheeeee

I also love when everything matches. Sadly sometimes I just can't make that happen and it drives me nuts! 😄

I'm a makeup hoarder my new years resolution was to buy less and shop my stash....re-rouged already on my account and my daughter's account. 

BUT I don't buy drug store makeup. Haven't in years i know I'm probably missing out and I've literally stood in the middle of ULTA staring at the cheaper palettes but I was strong. I have SO much and SPEND so much I had to draw the line somewhere. 

I also give samples and multiples away to my niece, sister in laws if I'm never gonna try it (Too dark/light foundation I'm medium so I keep close to that only)

And I reorganized and keep inventory of my samples in acrylic drawers I bought on Amazon. I needed A lot but it makes using samples so much easier. And i can check to see what i have in my inventory. Cut back A lot of senseless buying for promos. Sorry for so long.

@sonnydeeyay! I've cut back too on buying for promos... just sucks when there are no good promos and there is something you wanna buy 😄

Yes, I need, so desperately need help organizing the Alex drawer that everyone raves about...

tat.JPG

@unfungirl just got one too.  What is the best way to fill these suckers in?  

There are some awesome containers at Daiso that @pixiedust2 mentioned and that's helped a lot but....

Spoiler
I have like 100 lipsticks and should probably organize these somehow...this is what the drawer looked like Day 1 (it's full now and I still have 5 boxes of lipsticks to go through 
0.JPG
000.JPG

I'd love to see what other gals have done with their drawers.  I'm completely overwhelmed by this project and could use all the help.

@ZombieMetroAnt I made a grid organizer out of poster board and foam board. Kind of cheap looking but I could completely customize the sizes of each row and such. 

OMG - This is a beautiful start!  I can't wait to see the finished product!   @ZombieMetroAnt

@ZombieMetroAnt if you want to go cheap (like super cheap) You can make them out of poster board. This isn't my fav option because you can't clean them. If you want a plastic option look on eBay for something called "DIY Grid Drawer Divider" it should run you about 5 bucks for 6 pieces and you can customize it to a lot of different sizes (even single lipsticks) 

Same concept can be found at Container store called "Slotted Interlocking Drawer Organizers" 

If you're looking for something maybe a bit fancier with a pricier cost, a company called sonnycosmetics makes organizers specifically for Alex drawers. There are some on Etsy as well! 

If you wanted to be super classy about it and spend a lot, there is a company called "organizemydrawer" where you can make a total custom acrylic insert. 

xo!

@themusefactory, my lady in shiny armor!  So many options & great ideas...thank you!

Spoiler
I hope to come back one day and declare...
Related image

@ZombieMetroAnt I'm always happy to enable you! ❤️ 

May I ask what Alex you use? I really want one but everything I go to their website, it seems they have a couple different ones and I get confused!

There are inserts for the Alex from Sonny cosmetics that I'd like to get, once I get the right Alex! They often have promo codes on their ig or fb page.

@vchotia Heart

Spoiler
It's the tall one from Ikea - they have it misclassified under Office Furninture. LOL!

brea.JPG

Oh, please post your ideas!  Mine is full already, but not as organized as I'd like.  I don't want to buy a second one because I imagine if items were stored more efficiently, there would be more room.  Can't wait to see how yours turns out! 

Thanks for the tip on Sonny Cosmetic inserts - will definitely check that out. 

@ZombieMetroAntNo wonder I couldn't find it, lol! Thanks so much!! I'll post pics once I can get everything set up 🙂

That's a good start @ZombieMetroAnt!  I LOVE organizing so I'll try and find some old pics to share. I buy containers to go in my drawers and organize by color. Sometimes by brand and then color but depends. 😄

@ZombieMetroAnt I love the things from Daiso I've seen! 

I definitely don't need any help filling it up because I have a ton of crap 😂😂😂

But some sort of sorting and organizing system would be very helpful for little things like lipstick!

I agree Unfungirl!  

@RoseCharlie did you end up getting this too?  Cat LOL

Hi @ZombieMetroAnt @veronika23 : ) I still have my impractical cubes ATM but this is definitely a project I desperately need and - my drawers are overflowing with zippolock bags of products! I like to make little beauty boxes for friends and family so I do end up giving quite a bit of stuff away but now I am at the point where I no longer know what i have really and I seriously to spend some time planning out how I'm going to do this - thank you for remind me actually because I sometimes have the attention span of a goldfish "ooooh something shiny, want pretty pretty" that's me! lol.  Ha - Everything in my bathroom and vanity is packed to the gills with product and instead of working on an organizing solution I'm still looking to buy more - issues I tell ya issues - how is the sorting project going @ZombieMetroAnt?

12 Replies
testing