Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it! Share with the community and let us know how you stay organized (pics welcome)

If you have tips for organizing out of control stashes we want to hear from you!

ps: I love organizing so love to hear what others have to say!

giphy.gif

pss: I did do a search and couldn't find anything recent close to this topic. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

@misscg I'm digging those wall shelves! I think that's a great idea. But like you said, heat Smiley Sad Living in So Cal I'm afraid things would melt PLUS I'm always worried about earthquakes. I can just see a tremor sending all my makeup flying. 

A picture is worth a thousand words1497734820584-1407138908.jpg

Ohhhh wow!!! Pencil holders?

Acrylic eyeliner holder from Amazon.  It has one row that is wide for larger pencils and liquid eyeliner.

Oh cool! Thx! Would probably like that for the liquids and bigger pencils. Those are just in a normal holder (like pencil holder) at the moment. My regular size pencils are in a cosmo cube Smiley Happy

OMG. I want to live here. @LeLeo

me too @fairlywell! it's so organized!

This is a fabulous set up!   Love it!  ❤️  @LeLeo

This kind of setup is exactly why I want to knock out the dividing wall between my bathroom and the walk-in closet to the guest bedroom.  Smiley Wink  It'd be nice to have a space totally dedicated to my makeup that is NOT in a bathroom (my collection is starting to take over the downstairs bathroom now).

Fellow eyeshadow palettes addicts: any ideas of how to make your palettes more organized/easier to get to but I can't have anything on display. My four year old knows what they are and what they can do....yea it was bad. Right now I have them in the back of my closet in a wooden shoe divider thing. 

My suggestion would be a lockable drawer unit like a filing cabinet. The container store has alot of them. 

@sinfully thanks for the idea though i dont think i can fit in my closet due to my shoe obsession. I thought about emptying a drawer in my dresser. It's heavy solid wood and antique so it's not easy to open

Decisions decisions

@sonnydee

i feel your pain!  I have a very curious, makeup loving, palette ruining toddler too (mine just turned two)Smiley Happy

IMG_8996.JPG

*pre storage containers*

I've been storing them in clear plastic containers with a snap on lid.  Not pretty and display worthy but it keeps them safe (it's not like anyone really comes over to look at my vanity anyways lol).  I buy them from Target for $3-4Smiley Happy

ps: the Chocolate Bar palette I bought to replace the original one (also, pre storage containers) ended up as a semi-successful attempted snack.  

I bought the containers that day lol!!

IMG_9667.JPG

Oh my goodness @TamTam01!!  Just popped in to see your daughter's beautiful pictures!  Heart  What an adorable face....

@ZombieMetroAnt Awww, thank you! She really uses that adorableness to her advantage lol!  She is the most entertaining toddler we've ever had (she's our fourth- and last lol!!)!!

That's so funny. He ruined my chocolate bar too! And I also have a two year old daughter and she's my fourth and last! She knows what they are but hasn't got her hands on any. She only wants swatches if I'm looking at them and is insistent that she get swatches!

That's a good idea about the plastic with a snap I'm not sure how many I would need. It's all my urban decay palettes I have 37 of them. Yea ud is my fav!

@sonnydee. haha!! It must be the chocolate smell that's luring them in!  

My little one LOVES makeup swatches too!!  She'll hold out her hand like, "swatch, please!"

They come in a variety of designs and at first I bought some that had polka dots and what not on them but then I couldn't remember which palettes were in there lol.  So I decided to go back and get the clear ones.  I like that you can stack them and they don't take up much room.

@TamTam01 Your daughter is sooooo cute!!! Smiley Happy With that face I wouldnt be bothered if she ruined any of my palettes, hehe 😊

@trishavt Hahah aww, thank you!

Aww @TamTam01 ! It looks like you have a little makeup addict in the making Smiley Wink

OMG!!  Thank God it wasn't my eyeshadow palettes my four year old got into, but my brand new lipsticks and glosses and proceeded to "put" them on.  Without my husband noticing she had red and pink lipsticks on around her mouth and face.  Luckily coconut oil took it all off without much fuss (or crying).

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos26
  • brea.JPG
  • giphy.gif
  • 000.JPG
  • tat.JPG
  • box.jpg
  • 19046792_10211292595568010_728047040_n.jpg
  • 19073007_10211292613048447_1837740830_o.jpg
  • 19074925_10211292613168450_115879645_o.jpg
  • 19047315_10211292613288453_1853827059_o.jpg