Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it!  Confess your beauty sins!!!

Organization tips and pics welcomed!

giphy.gif

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Ohhhhhh - This is super satisfying to look at - I love it!   @trishavt

@Tamara76 @oceanics @Mcakes @veronika23 @suessquatsch@ZombieMetroAnt @ElleElleG thank you! I'm quite happy with this drawer since it's one of my most organized ones.

and @Mcakes My mom says the same thing except she is more critical of my collection (she says "who needs more than one pink lipstick?" I have to suppress laughter when she says such silly things) 😜 

This is my dreams😍 What an amazing collection @trishavt! TF lipsticks are the best and I keep mine in their packaging as well. 

You have your own mini TF boutique @trishavt lol. This is so pretty to look at!

So very pretty and organized! @trishavt 🙂

@trishavtThat is some lovely organisation there! I keep some of my favourite lipsticks in their packaging too, and my lipstick drawer at least has two corners which have them lined up a bit like yours in the pic - although the middle of the drawer is much less orderly 🙂

0000000.JPG

I'm dying over here @trishavt! What a gorgeous collection.  

I've been meaning to get some of those Muji drawers but their S&H always makes me change my mind.  Thanks for sharing this with us Heart  #MakeupGoals

Thanks @ZombieMetroAnt it took me a while to "build" my collection. I'm happy with what I have now and want to use as much as I can before buying more. 

I got six of these MUJI drawers last September for (get ready for it) $84! (Shipping was $13.95 but I used some coupon code that knocked $9 off the total).

I ended up giving one to my sister and one to my mom and they both want more so I'm looking to buy a few more. If I see these go on sale I'll be sure to message you 🙂 

@trishavt that's a beautiful view!  I tend to keep packaging for things as well especially if it's from gifts, or if the package is appealing to me.

@ZombieMetroAnt careful if you order from them.  I grabbed 1 during their last $10 acrylic sale & my CC was compromised.  (At least 2 or 3 other BTers reported the same immediately after the sale).  I was extra annoyed with myself for not purchasing at least 2 for all the add hassle 🙄.  

@trishavt if you can provide any purchasing tips, I'd love to hear.

Image result for im jelly gif

What a great purchase @trishavt!  

Fellow eyeshadow palettes addicts: any ideas of how to make your palettes more organized/easier to get to but I can't have anything on display. My four year old knows what they are and what they can do....yea it was bad. Right now I have them in the back of my closet in a wooden shoe divider thing. 

@sonnydee

i feel your pain!  I have a very curious, makeup loving, palette ruining toddler too (mine just turned two):)

IMG_8996.JPG

*pre storage containers*

I've been storing them in clear plastic containers with a snap on lid.  Not pretty and display worthy but it keeps them safe (it's not like anyone really comes over to look at my vanity anyways lol).  I buy them from Target for $3-4:)

ps: the Chocolate Bar palette I bought to replace the original one (also, pre storage containers) ended up as a semi-successful attempted snack.  

I bought the containers that day lol!!

IMG_9667.JPG

aww she's adorable! I actually cringed looking at that destroyed chocolate bar palette but that little face, kids can get away with anything because their so cute. My mom has so many stories of me getting into her lipsticks as a kid. At least its vegan 😉 you got a budding beauty addict there. 

But it smells so yummy, mom! She is too cute!!!!  @TamTam01

I am dying over her snacking on the Chocolate Bar. 😄 @TamTam01

@TKLJ she was supposed

to be napping but no, she was snacking on the palette that earlier she swiped from my vanity and hid under her bed!  The funniest part is when I asked her if she got into Mommy's makeup, as she said, "no" a chunk of eyeshadow fell out😂 Thankfully, I could tell she didn't eat much lol.  She JUST turned two...I'm in trouble, right lol?!

OMG!!  Thank God it wasn't my eyeshadow palettes my four year old got into, but my brand new lipsticks and glosses and proceeded to "put" them on.  Without my husband noticing she had red and pink lipsticks on around her mouth and face.  Luckily coconut oil took it all off without much fuss (or crying).

@waterbaby1981

oh trust me, she found my lipstick (YSL!!) before too😩 hubby sent me this pic and said, "so...I think she may have ruined a lipstick...it was in a gold tube."  I knew immediately which one too lol!

IMG_8530.JPG

@TamTam01 she is too cute and could get away with just about anything!!!!! 

Nars and Clinique here.  I left the bag with the new stuff I had bought THAT DAY on a kitchen chair, well within reach.  The YSL and Burberry (or all, really) are up much higher than she can see OR climb at this point.

@waterbaby1981 I'm LOLing only because of course it was the day that you just bought them! How do they know?!! Haha.  We could start a thread with all of these makeup loving toddlers/kiddos pics/stories!

16 Replies
testing